Grow tents insulation question

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Justcheckingitout, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I know I asked this and its been talked about before like most of my questions but I want up to date, latest tech info, tested ideas from people here who know whats what.

Ok, so is there anyone has used, has, or heard of, grow tents that have good insulation, like if I put it in a hot garage with 120 or more deg of heat that will be fine? I got this home made box with a air intake from the house air but its been twice now I had to take apart and hide everything to have ac work done. A tent would be way easier to move. Figures the only freaking reason Anyone needs to get in my garage and thats what happens. When I had stuff in house, never problems with ac. Just my luck.

Also if CC reads this, do you think I might get away with spraying that foam you told me about on the outside of a tent for the added heat protection? Or inside and then put panda film over??? Sounds good when I was high and thought about it. :roflmao:

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I doubt it man, that stuff is some seriously sticky shit, once it goes on...its there for life! and if it gets on anything it stains real bad, I dressed up like there was an outbreak of Anthrax when I did it...the stuff that stuck to my eyebrows was brutal to get off,lol

Id build something that looks like it blends into the garage...just make it look like a tool cabinet or somewhere to store volatile stuff, then just move the gear in and out of it and NOT the box

Frame up some 2x4 walls, then spray foam the whole inside, then line with reflective foam board, just make the outside look regular....itll be super airtight and smell tight

3. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Expanding foam... If you use that stuff, don't allow any to dry on your fingernails. It'll be there until your fingernails grow out. Been there, done that.

4. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I could move the washer and dryer out in the garage and use that room would be perefect because there is a intake air vent. I could use the dryer vent for out take air.