GROWTH THRU REINVESTMENT

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by CREATIVE GARDENER, Oct 8, 2014.

1. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Back in late April, early May I bought a LED to give it a go and see what happened. It was an inexpensive 7-band house brand from HTG. Nothing to get excited about but only $250.

My plan was to set it up for the summer in an area I only use in the winter because of heat issues. That bought me a new Titan co2 controller and Lumigrow 325 LED.

The Lumigrow is about to finish up two plants in a table as an experiment to see what the light can do on it's own. I checked the girls today and they're looking like they'll come out this weekend. And the other HTG light is on 2 girls and coming out in a week.

I decided to buy 2 more LEDs and another co2 controller and see what happens. I would have liked to try "Bloom" fixtures but Onyx was the only I saw and the fuckin' "TURDS" here cleaned them out.:kidding::roffl:

Soooooo I checked the place where I got the other Lumigrow and they had just bought a truck load and knocked the price down $100 each. So I ordered 2 more of the Lumigrow 325s yesterday.

Be Cool, CG

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Nice. My Lumigrow is doin fine

3. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

he'll yeah man, sounds like you got some shit figured out on your ROI. I'll figure that shit out one day:jj:

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

It seems like all I do is invest in my gardens, but you gotta spend some green to make some green:growin:

I love my hobby, it's great when it's relaxing...my wife has actually bitched before and told me to get out of the garden and quit becoming one with the plants :roffl: but other times it's a chore.

5. CREATIVE GARDENER

Yeah GIT, I was self employed for a long time. I'm not an accountant or have a business degree but I'm smart enough to know that if spending 100 can make you 200, then spend the 200 and make 400, spend the 400 and make 800. Then you've cleared 700. It doesn't take a genius, just some discipline.

Be Cool, CG

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

:thumbs-up:keep it clean folks if you know what I am saying...we only promote personal use here unless you in a legal state:thumbsup:

but as a general biz practice you are correct

7. CREATIVE GARDENER

Yeah Nip, you're right!! I get carried away sometimes. :bduh:Thanks for pointing that out.:thumbsup: I'll try to think twice before I 'submit reply'. You did the right thing!

Be Cool, CG

8. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Its always a reinvestment as we strive to improve our results, both quality and quantity. As well as simplifying or reducing the amount of time needed. As we up our investment the learning curve gets steeper.

CG great reply to nippies reminder...

9. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Nip I couldn't agree more, well said:thumbsup:

CG you definitely have to pay to play, it's just that damn discipline shit, although I should have adapted by now:roffl:

10. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

CC....do like i did and call rapid(onyx) and they can prob get you one or two lights,,,, they had a couple that came in last week and got me two on the side, they said they have more coming in this week like thru i think, so you can pre order and they will ship when they come in. Thats how i got mine even thou they didnt show instock.

Oh yeah...:not-worthy:

Also if you need more than two they prob will have them this week also. But i would call them and see. they can give you a discount if you order more than two. But you get free shipping no mater what you order if you have shipped within in the u.s. Also no sales tax if you dont live in Ca.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  11. CREATIVE GARDENER

Finally getting back on line, the weather hear has been vicious and fucking with the cable and elect.

I just assumed they weren't available. And yeah JCIO you were one of the TURDS I accused of cleaning them out.:kidding:. But I kinda wanted to add some fixtures with just the Bloom to the ones I have that have some blue (veg) in them too.

I'm starting to believe that a little blue added in during flower helps. So I had pictured staggering them and cranking up the blue in the Lumigrow.

But I've already got the 2 Lumigrow on the way now. So I'll be looking to add the blooms about early spring, maybe earlier.

If combining an order is feasible to save some dough I could be game, a thought.:eusa_eh:

Be Cool, CG

12. Justcheckingitout

I only took two...:roffl:

DXE and FF took like twelve each :roffl::roffl::

I went with onyx because of the 10w leds they use. I know others here use area 51 with great success. I do know area 51 is coming out with 10w leds by maybe december or next april the latest. They both are great deals.

13. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Yup supposed to have an XLM2 fixture. Not sure why Jeff and Mike aren't going to the CXA cobs though. I guess it's a pricing issue. 6 of those LEDs alone cost me $276. But they will be running at 50-53W each... LOL

CG nice man. Will be interested to watch more on the lumi grows. Other than the one person I know personally you are the only grower I feel I know or I guess better put more familiar with what your abilities are and that you're honest. It's honestly kinda hard to find decent grows and/or growers with the CLWs and Lumigrows in use. At least online. Almost as if a lot of LED growers are underground off the radar. Seems you see more BS cheap panels than anything. Quick question for you though. Have you had any issues with your HTG lights? That one buddy of mine that had been using their 432W(think it's like 280W at the wall) black fixtures constantly had issues with rows of LEDs burning out. I think it's the way they have them setup and the drivers. I asked him to look at the panels and see if perhaps they are the blue ones burning out because I had noticed quite a few others that did that and seemed on those the blues were the culprits. Think they were just driving those too hard, maybe should have had different constant current drivers avoid that. ugh ugh.

14. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

hey I've got a lumigrow 325! you know me!

:roffl: not really growing with it though. just using it for moms.

The thing I don't like about the lumigrows is the color dials. Seems damn near impossible to get a KNOWN spectrum without a meter that can give you that info, which I assume is out of my price range. That being said it's complete guesswork at every turn unless you run your own carefully recorded experiments for like 5 years.

15. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Yeah a spectroradiometer is not cheap. LOL Though if you just wanted to go off photon flux density you could just buy a quantum sensor and wire it to a multi-meter like I did to just get an idea of umol readings. Sensor is $155 through apogee. I use the SQ-120.

16. CREATIVE GARDENER

Skunk, I haven't had any trouble with my HTG yet but you can tell it's not dishing out 240 watt. I have it a room where there's a couple hps and it's just a faint glow in comparison but still working ok. It's off to the side on 2 plants that are also catching a little of the hps as well to help it out.

And I think it's natural for a person to try and give the impression that the decision they made was the best one, or better than someone else. When the fact is this is new to 'all' of us. With the hype, marketing bs , and so many companies just trying to make money off the cheap stuff they offer how does anyone know they made the best decision the could have. Then factor in the advances in the technology, it's not easy at all.

So, to me it's important to be honest, especially to yourself, instead of hyping the product you chose over someone else just to look better. The right light is important but we all know there's a lot more factors in success than just that.

Yeah FF, bells and whistles can add more confusion than they're worth sometimes. But to me, there's just so many companies offering their version of the "perfect" LED grow light. They want you to believe that because their's is different that it's better when they just want your money before they get squeezed out by the serious companies.

It seems that so many growers are finding that a mixture of red and blue in both fazes of growth helps. Blue is for veg, but a little red helps. Red for flower, but adding some blue improves things too. And the Lumigrow seemed to offer the flexablity to do both. I'm just not so sure the companies offering the preset mixture really know what the right balance is either, though they want us to trust that they do. It may take us a while to get it figured out, but it will happen in our lifetime ( I hope).

Be Cool, CG

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  17. CREATIVE GARDENER

18. Justcheckingitout

Yeah i got my lights yesterday...:roffl:

But seriously, I am impressed with the onyx bloom i got. I fired it up and still cant see right, i was looking at the light when i turned it on. Holy shit they are bright.

19. CREATIVE GARDENER

mine were on the porch this morning. The mail must have came pretty early today. Iooking forward to seeing yours setup. I hate trying to post from my phone. this is driving me crazy. to hell with it I'm going to the football game. the high school here is ranked number 1 in the state so I'm going to watch a b*** kicking. be cool, CG

20. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Congrats in the new lights JCIO and CG