Happy Easter

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by MrAstro, Apr 8, 2012.

1. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Happy Easter Everyone!!!

It's a beautiful Day! Gonna run Bully (in a suit!), pick-up flowers for Mom, then home to Mom & Dad's for Church and a sweet Easter dinner.

Back in the day, I was born on Good Friday, so I love the season :thumbsup:

2. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Happy Easter Mr Astro.

:thumbsup:

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Happy Easter you silly rabbit-Bud

4. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Happy Zombie Jesus Day. Going to bartend illegally for the rich people who are too damn lazy to cook for their own families!

5. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

And thats how easter eggs are made!

Happy hijacked pagan ritual day guys:thumbsup: I had a laugh with my boy earlier,i put out all his eggs and i was in my room reading the sunday newspapers with a smoothie and he comes in all confused and upset looking and im like #"whats up son?" and he goes "Dad i wanted to see Santa but hes gone and left my eggs":roll: I said son it wasnt santa its the easter bunny that leaves the eggs and he says "Dad dont be silly,bunnies dont lay eggs!" to which i reply "oh and santa does?":rofl:

On a more serious note i read that 80 odd % of the kids in the UK dont know what the fuck easter is about so i tried to educate my boy a bit on what the easter egg is meant to symbolise and ....well,it just got confusing cos callums at that age where every answer he receives is followed by him asking "but WHY?" and eventually i just ran out of answers.For example "but why dad?".. "why what son?"... "why do we eat chocolate that looks like a rock that the dead jesus moved"... "Ehm.. just eat your chocolate son!":lmao: I dont even wanna get started on the fact its actually a hijacked pagan celebration:5eek:

[​IMG]

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Hoppy hoppy...bad I know. Cheers to GK. Here's the view from the deck breakfast perch this morning. Be safe and take care.

[​IMG]

BTW...Ap...real reason for easter? You think the lad is ready for a story about sociopolitical quasi religious calming of the masses by a group of imperialist dictators?

7. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I like to think it's alittle more than that, but I haven't gone completely secular. To each his own.

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Nothing to do with, or disrespect intended toward, the Risen MrA. Just that the real reason for the holiday being celebrated *when* it is has nothing whatsoever to do with the man hisself.

9. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Here's the view of my back yard from my 2nd floor deck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

that's about 2' of snow with about 4" of ice underneath it.

10. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

That sucks lol-Bud

11. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Nah. I'm used to it. We just hide the eggs in the snow. We don't color the eggs. We leave them white so they blend into the snow better. :roffl:

12. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Happy Easter to everyone. :redbong:

13. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

My Easter just got good. I am home smoking a bowl after serving Easter brunch

to 778 people. I stood in 1 spot for 3.5 hours carving roast beef, lamb, and ham.

Damn glad to be :redbong:.

Peace......

14. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Most religious events in the calendar are the same.Jesus didnt die and rise again at easter and he sure wasnt born at christmas but i guess thats just the time when it gets remembered nowadays.Coming from pagan country i know the real reasons behind these dates in the calendar and i can see why the catholics hijacked it. I like to try and make sure my kid at least knows the supposed meaning of these things... he can learn about sociopolitical quasi religious calming of the masses by a group of imperialist dictators when hes older cos i had enough trouble explaining to him about chocolate eggs symbolising the rock in front of Jesus' tomb... he just didnt understand where the fuckin easter bunny fits int all this and the best i could offer was "cos callum its spring time and bunnies....ahh son just eat the chocolate!":roll:

15. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Yeah the in laws didn't find it funny when my kids said this when we went and did the family thing.

All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster for giving his only son for our sins

BTW...yea bunnies and eggs are totally pagan, why...cause we rule!! and you guys stole our shit:read2:

16. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Each to their own... but seriously.... he's made of spaghetti:ponder: Ah well,i suppose its different to hearing how he is black:smoke2:

17. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

All of a sudden I AM a festival theif now:roll: Look i just believe in a higher power,a grand architect:wink: I aint down with the festival thiefs in any shape or form:eusa_naughty:

18. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

TA,

http://www.venganza.org/

[​IMG]

Eggs and bunnies are old pagan signs of spring and being fertile, the whole time of renewal, Jesus coming our of the grave and being reborn.....yea it was to help with the converts IMHO :)

19. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Southpark did a show covering just that topic a couple of years ago. It's as good an explaination as anything else.

BTW Happy Easter everybody!

20. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

I hate stepping into this ....but heres my 2cents

Aye i know all about the pagan stuff,paganism is alive and well in scotland 2012:thumbsup: Me,im a believer in someone up above but unless you have ever had a prayer (or 10 ) answered then i dont blame or judge anyone else for not believing.I think christians give themselves a bad name by the way they try judge others and act all better than thou:puke: Some of the kindest best people and most charitable caring guys i know are aetheists and some of the most corrupt selfish loathable depraved people i know are catholics...sorry freudian slip,of course i meant christians:wink: But you get what i mean,lol. All i know is iv been in some very precarious positions in my life,sometimes at deaths door,sometmes deaths been chasing me and other times deaths been setting me up to take the rap for shit death done and every time iv been in a hole iv said a lil prayer for a mircale and each time iv whooped deaths ass,well maybe I didnt whoop death personally but you get the jist of it.Iv been in some holes where its been hard to see the way out,in fact some of them holes were getting filled while im in there and still i climbed out and i put it down to not just saying a prayer but believing in the prayer im saying.

Seriously dont knock it until you have to use your 911 prayer:wink: It goes a little like this> "Dear God,HELP ME OUT HERE!!! I swear i'll be good and [enter some solemn promises here] Amen:eusa_pray: Like i said,if people wanna poo poo religion then thats fine and wont make me like them any less cos i judge people on how I interact with them nt how they interact with God or spagetti monsters,lol.All i know is theres been too many times when i shoulda been down and counted out but iv rose like a phoenix from the ashes after call collecting my 911 prayer,it sounds funny but in jail nearly every guy i knew who was facing some serious time admitted they said a "999 prayer" [thats uk= of a 911 prayer:rofl:] and all i know is theres been many times in my life when iv seen no way out only to end up feeling like someones carried me out of there,its hard to explain but due to PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and not ANYTHING iv read or been told,but due to what i have experienced in these times then im willing to stick my neck out and say "there most definetly is a higher power" but then again i could just be lucky:ponder: I'm sooooo not lucky,i prefer the term blessed:wink: All i know is,it gives me a lil strength to believe the big chap is on my side and its good to know hes there for me so you wont catch me denying him.

I saw the bill mayher docufilm RELIGULOUS the other week on netflix and i love this guys humour all the way but he was being asked by christians "what if your wrong" in response to him not being a believer and all he had i n return was ~"what if YOUR wrong" and TBH whats so bad if these christian guys are wrong,it means they gave up drugs and shit,gave up crime and became better people and probaly added some life expectancy through their new beliefs,that cant be bad can it? I wont go down the route of what happens to Bill Mayher if hes wrong cos i think its fucking arrogant of christians when they pressume to know what happens to non believers if they are wrong cos i dont believe a just and merciful God would cast anyone aside just cos they didnt believe in him during their lifetime,id rather go with the school of thought that they will still be given the chance to accept him in the afterlife.All these christians walking round with god hates fags signs and shit,do they not understand they have become the type of person Jesus advocates against in the bible yanno?Iv always believed in karma and that ties in with the whole do unto others as you would have them do unto you quote and thats what i do,i dont subscribe to doctrines of religion but rather just read the words attributed to Jesus and believe in them,not the authors or the translators or the guys who try to tell us what it means thats been said... fuck that,truth is truth to whoever reads it and if it needs to be broken down and explained then it aint a truth,just my :2c:.... DAMN!!! WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT COME FROM:5eek::5eek::5eek: Im outta here before the rocks fly:cya: