Hash and edibles in legal markets

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by nippie, Feb 15, 2013.

1. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

10-4....edibles to me, taste like semi cooked grass clippings, way to eathy for my palat

3. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

have you ever tried it with just whole milk...no additives? The simmering of the milk will probably take some practice so I can reach the correct temp with curdeling the milk.

Brownies tonight, hopefully they are strong enough, not sure with a little over 30 minutes of simmering. But the brownies themselves smell and look normal. No smell at all that would clue you in. I could always smell my cookies.

Also, if anyone is trying canna oil......IN MY OPINION if your oil is black you prob fucked up. I may have not gone long enough, only testing will tell, but I read about all these people saying there oil was almost black, or take the oil to smoking.....that's wrong!!!! you don't want to scorch your oil (canna or not) or it will effect taste and the actual function of the oil. Low simmer is best and your oil will get plenty hot...plenty, use a candy thermometer if you can to check the temp.

Veggy oil (numerous things mostly makeup depends on true smoke point) has a really high smoke point so if you smoke your oil you may be destroying you thc and oil.

Oh well, probably start a thread in the kind kitchen here soon because I think I may try to find a niche in the market.

4. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

At one yesterday....pretty good taste, not overpowering at all. You could taste a little, but not bad at all

I think I could have simmered longer and made them a bit stronger, but frankly they were perfect. Not the knock you down and out type.....nice even stone from about 430 til 1000 when I crashed out. No paranoia, no anything, really nice laid back high..... totally functional, like that 2-3 hit high from good smoke that never goes away

I wonder if this has more to do with the Jackberry? or the cooking time...either way I like them....because you can actual enjoy the buzz unlike my usual cookies that you're just super stoned until you fall asleep 30 minutes later

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Used whole milk. Half and Half. Straight whipping cream. I find the cream carries potency better but can also accumulate more plant flavor too.

An aside....

I've been playing with simmering hash diffused into oil to vaporize the THC and leave the cbd for a friend. It's a simple heat distillation. Seems to work really really well. He doesn't like feeling stoned but uses it to make edibles for sleeping and nausea (really an anxious cat).

THC vaporizes at 390F and cbd around 450F. The margin is big enough that anybody with an accurate heat plate or thermometer can do it in their kitchen.