Hash Repair

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by Tony Aroma, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

I tried making blender hash for the second time, and was not too successful. The first time was a few years ago and it turned out great, a very light green color and great flavor. This time, not so much.

I think I should have filtered it one more time. It ended up very dark green, obviously too much plant matter in it. But when I scraped it up off the glass pan with a razor blade, I noticed a layer of light green under the dark top layer. You can see it in the picture.

[​IMG]

That light green layer that settled to the bottom is the good (pure) stuff. Unfortunately, the dark green top layer was too thin to scrape off. I'm left with some not very great tasting, not very pure hash. It's pretty potent, just not pleasant to smoke.

So I was wondering if I could add some water, mix it up a bit, and run it through another filter. Would that work, or would it ruin the hash? If you think it would work, what kind of filter? Is a paper coffee filter too fine? Or how about a wire mesh coffee filter? Would that be too coarse? I don't really want to destroy the hash, but I don't really want to smoke it as is either.

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

bubblebags prob would be the best option, but that hash doesn't look terrible...does it taste really really bad or something?

have you looked into gravity hash (gumby hash)

maybe stash will chime in on this

worse case scenario, make some edibles

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Eeeeewwww. :icon_confused: Tony, wtf happened? Not enough ice? Really really dry material with lots of agitation? Only done ice water/blender hash a few times and never had anything that green.

How'd you do it?

Oh, hey! I saw a video where a cat used a final bubble bag screen and pump sprayer to rinse his washing machine hash of any remaining plant material. I'll try to look it up again.

4. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Yeah Tony..

The paper filter is definitely a no go....

The metal screen is definitely a no go....

I would not even try the bubble bag because it seems like...... the dark green is same micron as the light stuff.... you really shredded the plant material to the same constistency as the hash....

I would just take a loss, and either smoke it all, or make edibles if its that bad.

And next time get yourself some bubble bags.....

OR try the dry ice extraction bro...... works way better..... Look up Dry Ice Hash on Youtube..... you will love it......and its better then bubble bags.

You can always buy a Pollen Extractor for $250.... It raids your bud for keif, and keep al the bud intact after, which you can resell...Muahahaha.

And its so weird..... I just started to watch Trailer Park Boys on TV, I jump on Gk to see what up, and boom There is Tony's Face..... It was very weird....Then I Look up location....and I laughed hard.

Btw, you still growing dude? Havent seen you for a while....

5. Tony Aroma

I think you're right about too much shredding. Probably blended too much. I had a hard time getting the leaves to blend, it kept forming air pockets around the blender blades. My guess is too many leaves, not enough water and ice.

It's not that bad really. Not much flavor at all. Just not that nice hash flavor.

It doesn't take rocket appliances to know that TPB is one of the best TV shows ever. I'm not the kind of person to say atodaso, but you know what? Atodaso, I. Fucking. Atodaso.

Yeah, still growing. This was from my most recent harvest a couple of weeks ago. Just didn't feel like documenting this grow.

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Found it. Check at the 12:20 mark.

[YOUTUBE]e_wlN4cSmbY[/YOUTUBE]

7. Tony Aroma

Thanks Res. I'm starting to think additional filtering, or anything else, will fix my hash. I think what you and others have said is basically correct. Not enough ice or water, too much blending. I screwed it up. Oh well, live and learn.

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Well better luck next time Tony. At least you kinda know where you went wrong. In the mean time, smoke that shit up! Even weird tasting hash is good hash.