Have ya heard 'bout the Midnight Smoker?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Psycho D, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Any yous folks remember them? It was kind of like a squeeze bottle but compact, that ya screwed the top off, lit a joint, stuck the lit end inside then squeezed yourself a killer shotgun? It was a commercially made product and labeled as such not homemade or anything. We used to use them as kids and blow the hit out the window, sos the lit end didn't stink up the house.
    Anyway, I want to get one for a friend as sort of a gag gift but I can't find any reference to one online and, my local head shop doesn't have anyone over 24yo in it so no help there......
    Anybody know?

:bong2:

2. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

:rofl: I remember those. :thumbsup:

The ones the head shops around me sold were black and they had the XXX like an ol' fashioned whiskey jug. I can't recall the name of it.

Man, that was a long time ago.

3. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

That's it bro, same thing. Another of our friends had the "XXX" labeled one. This one was labeled as the "Midnight Smoker" I'm guessing because Jersey headshops were HIGHLY regulated at the time. I guess they wanted to make it seem like it was for wives that didn't want their husband to smell ciggies in bed?!! Some shit.......

still not even a reference anywhere on the net I can find......

:smokin:

4. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

We used to use those waaaaaaaaaay back in '79 when I was in the Air Farce!!! We'd Wake n Bake on the way into the Base in the AM, stopping at the Base's Main gate w/the AF's Police at the helm.

We of course knew ALL of the cops on base, so, we'd drive in and blow the "Gate Guard" a big ol' hit from the "Shotgun" as we called it, as we drove onto base!!

Good times!!

5. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

What about the "tokerator"? Anyone remember, heard of, or seen this one? The one i have was left to me when my ex died. It's actually older then i am, and i'll be 30 this year... I've never seen one sold before anywhere, so I'm wondering if they are even made anymore. It's a pyrex (tempered glass) tube with one end open, and at the other end is a glass stem (where you put a joint) and a carb hole. Looks oddly like a smaller version of a glass penis pump... lol. It decreases the amount of air you take in when you hit a joint. So you get a straight hit, no waste, no air. What a wonderful device it is! I'll have to take a pic of it for you guys if no one's never seen one before...

I've never heard of the other one- midnight smoker? Sounds interesting...

Ok, well back to my cup of coffee and tokerator! Nothin like a good wake n bake!:coffee2: :bong2:

Peace:XXhippylove:

-LM

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Also originally merchandised under the name "PowerHitter" Big time fun in the 70's. Big black thing with a pot leaf on the side.

Here's how to make your own thnx to 420mag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This kind of like what you're describing? Haven't seen a real one in decades.

7. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

That's pretty cool res, but who needs one of those when you got one of these?

:shocked: :animbong: :fly:

[​IMG]

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We made on of those in High School. The eyes would fill up with toke and cloud your vision....serious red-eye.

9. coconuthead

coconuthead Begun Flowering

That brings back bad memories. We made one by attaching the mouthpiece of the mask directly to the bong. It would get so damn hot in there and your eyes would just burn and burn. Fuckin gagfest.

10. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

Here's the tokerator...

[​IMG]

My favorite smoking device... love it!

Peace

-LM

Mr. Gardener likes this.
  11. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Haha, that's cool, it looks like a steamroller slash penis pump. My ol Lady loves it!!!

:rofl:

:smokin: