Hello from Cali

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AverageJoe, May 9, 2007.

1. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Hello all,

Names **** and I look forward to a long and happy stay here among future friends. I’ve been lurking around for a month or so now reading and soaking up all the great info before I started bombarding you guys with questions of which I’m sure the most common answer will be “Dude, did you even bother to read the FAQ's?” :rolleyes2:

A little about myself. Not sure why I always tell about myself when I join a new message board, I’m sure nobody really gives a crap but oh well here it is anyway. I have been a recreational/medicinal user for 25 years now and have had to buy almost every single sack over the whole course of the last ¼ century. Don’t even want to think about how much I have spent. About 10 years ago my wife’s health took a turn. She now has a long list of symptoms that I won’t bore you with that have kept her pretty ill over the last decade. After years and years of prescription drug therapy, I finally convinced her to give Mary a try. It actually has helped her deal with some of her issues. (I knew it would) and she has gone off of a lot of scripts. So now we both smoke. You know what they say “A family that tokes together…goes through twice as much weed”. Recently we moved back to California for my job and plan on getting Medical cards and being as legal as possible. Since we have been here though, I’ve had a heck of a time connecting with a local “supplier” and I’m going nuts. Problem is that I am a 30 something year old average looking guy. How does a guy like me find a local dealer in a small town where everybody knows everybody? I can’t just walk around town asking the high school kids where I can get some smoke. You can pretty much guess how that would go. Luckily I travel for work and have to fly back to Texas, where we moved from, from time to time and I can hook up there. The problem is that I have to then sneak it past the TSA on the way home. This is very stressful for me and I know that eventually I am going to get pinched if I keep it up. SO, after 25 years I’m finally in a good position to start my own grow. YAY!! No more crappy Mexican seed weed. I am currently in the process of trying my first grow with bagseed from some mediocre stuff just to work out the kinks before I move on the good stuff. Originally I was planning on going strictly outdoor, but I have already experienced some problems that caused me to quickly dig up the survivors and bring them indoors just to save there precious little lives. I’ll go into that in a different thread, cause I got questions. I think I’m going to go ahead and put together an indoor grow setup. I like the idea of being able to very closely control and monitor everything. I also like the idea of being able to have several harvests a year. The biggest problem I have right at the moment is that I have eight seedlings that I was planning on transplanting outside but are now permanent house guests so I have to put something together pretty quick, and on a very tight budget. I guess that’s enough for now. I look forward to chatting with everyone and hope that I a can be a positive contributor to this awesome site. Rock on!! :punk:

2. videoman

videoman Veggy Stage

Hey ****,

I can relate to having a sick wife too. I live in a stat where I cant get a card though. Gotta tough it out.

Anyways, although, I am new here myself....welcome aboard!

Peace

3. choker

choker HIDING OUT

welcome

Wecome............. you will like it here. Your first dumb question should be directed towards elcamp. He loves them.:love4:

4. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Welcome

Been there....and it makes me sick to think of all that hard earned $$ up in smoke.

Find your growing 'niche', and those days are over. :punk:

Welcome to GrowKind, ****! :wave:

Lots of knowledgable and friendly people here....

stick around, and grow....you WON'T regret it.

:animbong::animbong::animbong:

5. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

6. SmokeWizzleEveryDizzle

SmokeWizzleEveryDizzle ~Movin on up'

WASSSSSUP?! Welcome to da club , hope ur card comes through quickly! For starters I'd refer you over to the basic closet grow guide in the beginers lounge, if I recall. ome good ways to construct your concept before making your go at it. Get what you need for your complete project UP FRONT, dont chase down the little things you need later on in ur process I mean. I'm obviously ripped , I just re-read my last sentance and it almost doesnt make sense, lol. But anyways welcome and all that good stuff!

7. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

:rolleyes2: LMAO

Welcome ****! I'm in Cali too, near Sacramento. You will love it here, it's a great site. I hear ya about buying.....I have only been buying for 4 years and I know I have spent over $5000. Can't wait till next harvest time......

Since you don't have anything major setup yet, why don't you think about going the hydro way. Hydro plants grow way faster and IMO produce more. It's also easy to control exactly what your plants need and problems get solved a lot faster than problems in soil. Just a thought. There are some great guides all over the place, DWC (deep water culture) is how I grow. I never grew in soil, just went straight to hydro and it wasn't very difficult at all.

8. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Welcome to MJ enlightenment and good buds and good times...

First and foremost Joe welcome to the site:animbong:,2ndly:eusa_clap: what a great intro thread( i like a bit of substance in posts:wink:) and 3rd its great to see another long post guy on the site:thumbsup:

Its always been a bit of a running joke round here since i first joined about how long my posts are:roll:,yeah sometimes im stoned and babbling:bduh: but on occassions like in the POLITICS section i like to think i post a bit of 'substance',lol,dont you go shortening them posts now cos our numbers are increasing..strawberry.cough who joined a while ago now is also a long poster,long may it continue:icon_salut:

Sad to hear the probs you have getting weed,i hate to hear that especially when its for good ppls like you and yours who NEED it for medicinal,at least in america you can move to a state where you can get a card to grow a couple of plants,its still illegal in bonnie scotland although weirdly enough its perfectly legal to go to a shop in glasgow and buy any strain of MJ plant from any quality seedbank/breeder:bduh:

Look forward to chatting and getting to know ya,POLITICS is a great forum and SMOKERS is a place to talk about ANYTHING but im sure as you said you have had a good:lurk: so kick of yer shoes and make yourself at home,anything i can help you with(i am an indoor closet grower using strictly all organics and HPS,etc),iv posted some threads in FAQS and so have others that show you how to set up a good indoors grow for not that much money,we have growers on here who do 'ghetto grows or guerilla grows' on practically no budget and still get results so all the help you'll need is right here.

We're a mellow bunch and personally i dont believe in n00bs:disgust:(new guys),we are all :potleaf:growers/smokers seeking to learn and improve for whatever reasons.My intro responses aint usually this long but you did ask for some replies and seeing as your a fellow long post guy then i thought id do you the honour of a long welcoming reply,lol.You'll like it here for a fact and you sound like an interesting addition to the eclectic mix of members we have here,ENJOY THE SITE:thumbsup:peace:potleaf:

9. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Thank you for the exceptionally warm welcome friends. :notworthy:

"Ghetto grow" :laughing5: I like it. That's me right now.

Honestly, after reading through pages and pages of posts, and grow guides, and grow diaries, I'm more confused than when I started. There seems to be so much conflicting information, or maybe it's actually the same info just stated in a slightly different manner, out there that the more I read, the more confused I get. Oh well, that's half the fun right.

10. splyph024

splyph024 Blazin daily

its just a lot of people do things very different from others. the thing you gotta do is just find your own way/nitch. takes time, but try and take away a little bit from each person.

11. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Damn...now we can't say "****'s not here!"

:roll:

Welcome to the boards Joe. I'm in Central Cali myself.....near Yosemite. :ebert:

12. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

13. GraF_RIU

GraF_RIU Germinated

Hey ****!!!! Im new here too, only within a couple of days and I feel so loved already!!! youre gonna love it man!!!