Hello GK

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by theatomicbong, Oct 14, 2010.

1. theatomicbong

theatomicbong Germinating

High GK forum users. I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Theatomicbong. I'm doing my first grow at my house in the US. I'm a 22 year old male, I have a rasta label Illadelph bong that I've been using for a couple years as well as a bunch of miscellaneous bowls and bubblers. I'm also a big baseball fan (Go Phillies!) If you want to get to know me or just ask a general question just send me a private message.

Also, I have a question, and I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to post it but whatever. So one of my plants grew much larger than I had expected and is now too tall to stay under my light. I tried tying it down a bit but it seemed like the top of the plant was receiving a lot less light. I saw on youtube some guy just broke the plant so that the part that was too tall was completely upside down. I wanted to know if anyone had tried doing this and what were your results? If not, does anyone have another solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Once again sorry if this isn't the place to ask this question, just figured I'd knock out my intro and question in the same post.

Happy growing,
    theatomicbong

2. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

:-welcome-: to :GK: .

Make sure to :F-A-Q: all kinds of good info to be had.

Keep pulling the plant over little by little over a few days. The top will

turn back up toward the light. I've bent my plants past 90 degrees and

waited a couple of days and the top was growing back up towards the light

like nothing happened.

Peace....

3. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Soften the stem between your thumb and finger before you bend it.

You need to bend the stem, not break it. To soften the stem, roll it between your fingers using slight pressure on soft stem parts. On harder wood use more pressure. After that, the top can be braced where you want it.

peace.

G_B

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

It's called super cropping and there s a thread n the FAQ about how to do it properly. You DO break the stem, just not all the way through. You just want to break the outer woody part of the stem without breaking open the center which is where all the water and nutrients flow to the tops of the plant. The plant will heal itself and be more efficient at transporting nutrients afterwards. You'll see a Knuckle form where the stem was broken.

5. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

:-welcome-: :-welcome-: :-welcome-: :-welcome-: :-welcome-: :-welcome-: :-welcome-: :-welcome-: :-welcome-: :-welcome-: :-welcome-: :-welcome-:

Thank for the 300th posts:new_alien:

6. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Welcome.

As was said: bend. Don't break. If you're going to break, then you may as well top. If it's too thick too pinch atp, use a (needle nose) pliers and gently 'crush' enough to start bending.

Good luck and next time don't let it get that big. Start bending earlier.