Hello world

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MedicineMan, Sep 2, 2016.

1. MedicineMan

MedicineMan New Member

What's up GK! I have been reading some other posts in the forums and am stoked to join and start sharing/learning from this community. I just started my first grow to make medicine for my wife. She has a rare tumor that does not have a cure/treatment available. We found out about Rick Simpson Oil / concentrates and decided to give it a try... We flew out to Oregon and met with some friends who provided high grade bud and taught us how to make the tincture. We made it and brought it back home. We live in a prohibition state that does not have medical MJ laws... My wife took the medicine (a pound of flower concentrated into a liquid tincture) over a month and a half...that was interesting.

AND IT WORKED!!!!!! Seriously. The last MRI showed that the tumor was stable and dying in some areas. So I am a believer. I'm all in and I will do whatever is necessary to keep her on that treatment. Flying to OR every few months to purchase and make more medicine is not affordable...so here I am, jumping into the deep end to grow the highest quality bud that I can for her needs. Cannabis has really gotten a bad rap. It is so much more than a "drug". It's not dangerous, its a plant with miraculous healing power. The gov't keeping it illegal is a crime in itself....but that's a whole other discussion.

About my grow:
    I built a 6.5 x 9.5 grow room (weird dimensions but it's what I had to work with) for a perpetual grow.

The plan is to have 3 stations: clone, veg, and flower. I have a 4x4 tent I could use for flower, but I would prefer to divide the room with panda film to make a larger flower area (4 x 5). I am using a 2' 4-bulb T5 for seedlings/clones, a 600W HID for Veg and a 1,000W for flower.

I sprouted 8 seeds (3 white widow x big bud feminized and 5 critical mass (not feminized). They are on day 5 and are about 2 inches tall. I had some issues from the beginning that stunted them (I think)...the room was too hot (high 80's) and I was using water with a PH of 7.8 (smacks forehead). After fixing those issues, it's obvious that the plants are responding well.

I'm learning a lot already from the posts on this site but I am sure I will be posting a lot of newbie questions. I can't wait until I can produce all of the medicine we need. Thanks for having me!

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Welcome to GK. Best on the treatments with your wife, it's a story we're familiar with here at GK.

I'd recommend checking out the layout for MrGreenjeans garden. He incorporates everything in one room really nicely and has a few nice vids.

MedicineMan likes this.
  3. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Hoping for the best for your wife. Welcome to GK. Sounds like you are off to a solid start. Lot of good people here.

MedicineMan likes this.
  4. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Hey man, welcome abord. Your in a good place here to learn. Pretty much anything you need to know can be found here with in the site, any questions just ask. I have been doing perpetual grows for over 10 years and its the way to go. Good to hear the meds are working for your wife. Sounds like your off to a good start. Have you had any previous experience with growing?

5. MedicineMan

MedicineMan New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I don't have any experience growing, but I have been consuming TONS of online videos, grow guides, and forums. I am comfortable with the overall processes of growing but it's the small details that I am lacking. I will be asking loads of questions, I'm sure! :)

6. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Welocme to GK MedicineMan :) we have a lot of knowledgeable growers here so when your ready to start growing we're here to help.

MedicineMan likes this.
  7. Justcheckingitout

Yeah man keep it sort of simple to start off and build from there is my advice. Your in for alot of good bud.

Are you doing soil grow or going hydro?

8. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Welcome, MedicineMan. Good to hear that the RSO is working for your wife.

9. MedicineMan

MedicineMan New Member

Simpler is always better for me! :) I am using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. I plan to veg in 5 gal. smart pots. The seedlings are looking really healthy right now. I have 3 white widow x big bud (feminized) and 5 critical mass (not feminized).

10. Justcheckingitout

Your going to love both those strains, alot of big buds with that critical mass, i ran it last year and its quality big buds. Plus the ww with the big bud will do the same. also if your in need for alot of bud for meds, besides the table set up's, thumb around the threads and check out DWC hydro totes, (hydro fourm sticky thread "dwc questions" is great), the amount of buds you get with those are wicked crazy. Great for small spaces also. I waited a long time to try but finally Glad I did, easy if you do some homework first and Bigest hauls I ever had. Maybe try just one tote with your grow to check it out and see. :cool:

11. MedicineMan

MedicineMan New Member

Thanks, I will check it out. I'm looking forward to sexing the critical mass so that I can get my clone/veg/flower process nailed down. Critical Mass is the strain that we made the tincture out of that is healing my wife. It is fortunate that it is known for higher yields. :)

12. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Welcome dude!! Good choice with the Critical. I've grown Critical Kush, a cross of the critical mass, for a year and love the big dense buds. Really hope things work out with your wife!!!!!
    The folks here have a lot of experience and will give you a lot of very good and sincere advice. Like JCIO mentioned, try not to over complicate things. The right lighting, nutes and temperature control will get you started down the right path. Good luck!!!!!
    Be Cool, CG

MedicineMan likes this.