hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nippie, May 10, 2007.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Just wanted to say high to everyone,

This will be my second indoor grow. First was a disaster, damn spider mites spun thier webs while on vacation.

Just using seeds out of a bag I bought, not sure of the breed, my wife's pregnant so I have to do this on the cheap she says.

Lighting will be Sun System's "New Wave T5 24" with 4, 20.5" (24watt each) fluorescent bulbs 3000k for veg to start. I have 6500k bulbs for flower but I'm not sure what I'm going to use right now.

Soil is a mix of (i know, i know, don't hate me) equal parts of MG tomato soil, MG perlite, MG sphagnum peat moss, and just a touch (maybe 1/2 table spoon of Plant-tone organic 5-3-3.

I have three great looking sprouts that I hope to get a female or two out of. No pix yet, once again wife pregnant so gotta do this on the cheap.

If anyone's used the new wave t5, I'd be interested in the results. As for the soil, I hope it works out.

I've been reading, but any tips and intros' would be great.
    I'll start, Hello, my name is the Nippie, and I hate Bush.

2. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Welcome to GK

Welcome to GrowKind, nippie! :wave:

Spider mites suck!...Hope you have better luck with this grow. :punk:

And congrats on your future offspring!......:binkybaby:

:animbong:

3. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Welcome again:) If you need any help just let me know....:punk:

4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Welcome to MJ cultivation enlightenment & general good time shenanigans...

Welcome aboard Nippie,glad to have you :animbong::eusa_clap::potleaf: Its a neat site here with no drama,just like the slogan says,we like to "cultivate good buds" in BOTH senses and this is now our 10th year of doing so,many come and go and many simply :lurk: and then you get ppl like me who are daily regulars....well actually i kinda got to be cos i help serve the site and her members as one of the moderator team,lol,but even way before i was made mod i posted least ten a day..... and you'll gradually realise thats quite a lot cos im kinda known round here as the LONG POST GUY:roll:

Congrats on the :binkybaby:baby on its way,i too am about to become a dad for the 1st time although i have a 3yr old stepson...my fiancee only has a month to go give or take a week depending on when the lil BOY decides to pop out,lol,so i can understand how happy ya must be feeling...i cant wait to start being a dad to my lil baby boy,we are calling him Callum which is a decent scottish name which ties in with my clan name(mc callum).

Well any info or help needed feel free to PM me,by the way dont apologise for using miracle grow...its DEFO not summit i would reccomend a grower to use but we got growers on here like the experienced El-Campesino who have proven you can have a great grow,yield and harvest using MG soil/nutes. At least you are ready to do some more growing,its great having the theory knowledge but in my experience its the practice that makes us better growers,although that includes putting into practice tips iv learned on here and id already been growing b4 i joined here but since i did my knowledge and abilities have un-doubtebly improved BIG TIME.:thumbsup:

BTW i am a closet grower in all sense of the phrase:wink:,iv got a grow thread in GALLERY FORUM which im going to do an update post on just now.I see you like everyone else hates Bush:wink:Hope to see ya active in the POLITICS FORUM then,its a good place for all manner of info from why the government made MJ/HEMP illegal to discussions on whether americas ready for its 1st black or female Prez,lol,the SMOKERS LOUNGE is great for just talkin about ANY subject,take your time to browse all the FAQS and FORUMS and kick back,roll a fatty and make yourself at home.Peace:smokin:

PS: SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT THE LONG POSTS IM KNOWN FOR:roll:

5. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

6. SmokeWizzleEveryDizzle

SmokeWizzleEveryDizzle ~Movin on up'

WASSSSSSSSUP - Welcome to da GK club Nippie, its probbly day 2 now if youve made it past TA's post. haha, but I agree on wishin ya luck w/ this grow, MG is the "work of the devil" some might say, but it can get the job done, so no sweat your in for the exp. of a lifetime! Cheers! Good Luck ! and lets try and keep our political ideas and agendas to ourselves, okay? LOL JK

7. nippie

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Just went to the prenetal visit yesterday, doc said she thinks its' a girl because of the fast heartbeat, but my wife is only 3 1/2mths so it's to early to tell. Hoping for a boy, but would be just as happy with heathy girl.

Also, going to try low stress training even though the sun system is quite bright for a floro. I'll probally add some side lighting too. My wife is scared of the heat from MH and HPS systems, thinks it'll burn down the house while at work so I'm stuck with floro. Any tips about floros would be great.

I have a question though, I just framed out my growroom but I've yet to put up drywall. I was wodering if anyone has tried using the white plastic paneling (looks like something for a rest. or butcher shop, glossy, water proof and dimpled) instead of flat white paint? The stuff looks like it would reflect most light and would make clean up easier between grows.

Sorry bout the bush stabbing, I'm mean come on though, he embarrassed the queen of england among others, and every time he opens his mouth, I can taste a little puke in mine.

8. videoman

videoman Veggy Stage

Hey Nippie, I'm also new here, but I have come to appreciate the site, as I hope you do too. Congrads on the baby girl too!

Maybe that's a sign, and you'll have "all girls"!

Peace

9. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Congrates on the baby!!.. The white plastic paneling you are talking about will work great! It is very easy to clean inbetween grows... I'll look up some grows I did with flo's and get back to today... Later

10. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Feels a bit 'nippie' in here. :wave:

11. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

I agree Herbs....headlights on here...hehhee:D

anywhos...welcome to GK Nippie>>>enjoy your stay!!

Peace ~mermaid:animbong:

12. nippie

Thanks meraid, feeling quite good about this site.:punk: