Help first grow weird problems. Do you know what this is? HELP Any advice helps

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by Doug_xx2, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

Yeah I am to new to be screwing around (first grow) once I got a confirmation from someone that knew more than me it had to go.

2. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

It definitely hurt. Second biggest one I had. :( but it had to go
    20170514_132009.jpg

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Nice! See how obvious it is once you know what your looking for? I remember getting all worked up worrying about sexing plants the first time. Then it happened and I was like, "wtf was I worried about?"

Being the biggest is usually your first clue. Get used to that. Males tend to mature and flower faster than females so they also tend to get big faster.

Lvstickybud and Doug_xx2 like this.
  4. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

I just get worried I am gonna pull a dunce hat move and screw something up LOL. If you knew me you would understand why. Overthink everything and then blow it all because of some stupid oversight or information I failed to research.

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Same as every decent grower their first time out. You're in good company.

If you look around and catch MrGreenjeans thread with BB's Cheese, the member who selected that beautiful plant turned into a helluva gardener and questioned everything while learning. He was a wreck of worry for his first few gardens. Then he produced his BB's Cheese.

Lvstickybud and Doug_xx2 like this.
  6. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

He sprayed his garden with raid. Nuff said. Rofl, much respect.

Doug_xx2 likes this.
  7. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

I am usually pretty descent with plants. I just have no experience with this. My indoor growing experience has been limited to spider plants, ferns and the like. My outdoor experience has been limited to saving all my seeds and going for a LOOOONG hike and planting them here and there hoping that when I came back in three or four months there would be weed LOL (most of the time I couldn't find them TBH). There are things that are critical and I worry about missing one of them. Of course it doesn't help that all my life I have listened to people talk about growing these like it is rocket science or something. There is a curve to be sure and I will probably fuck something up (I always do LOL) but I am starting to think it isn't as bad as it has been made out to be.
    There are things that confused me though TBH. For example why are my plants always way smaller then everyone else's that I see even when I am looking at weekly Youtube grow videos? Well nobody bothers to tell you "Hey we started from clones and aren't counting the first 3-6 weeks". You never hear if you are growing in soil it's going to take you a month longer than hydro. Nobody definitely bothers to tell you the directions on the bottle of most nutrients are BS unless you are in ideal conditions under a 1000w light. Why is it nobody tells you that when you are using general hydroponics PH UP you are feeding your plant potasium hydroxide and potasium carbonate while ph down is feeding them phosphorus via phosphoric acid (if you have accidentally over fed your plants and are attempting to flush them out this information could be vital). Why do the people at the local hydroponics stores always just sell you some over priced BS and not clue you in to the fact of what you are really going to need to complete successfully (I told the guy at mine I had 8 plants and have never grown before and he sent me out the door with several plastic starter pots, 1 one gallon smart pot, a bag of happy frog and a quarter watt seedling light telling me I should be "all set"). Probably why they smirk at me every time I go back in there (jokes on them I bought all my expensive equipment online just cause of that BS and it was cheaper to). Why is it that in a lot of places you ask questions and you get 100 people spouting their first guess at you and then if you try to get more information they ignore you or it becomes obvious they are just guessing. LOL I digress though. I really appreciate the help I have gotten here. I wish I had known ahead of time what this was going to take because I would have waited, saved money up and researched more. I do feel like I am accomplishing something though. I got a sample from Oregon's only and they are working great if you ask me.
    Day 85 almost time to flip :) more than half way there 20170518_062751.jpg 20170518_062730.jpg
    @Mrgreenjeans @Justcheckingitout @bigbudztoo @nippie @ResinRubber @Lvstickybud @blazerwill420 @OldSmokey
    Thank you guys for all the help and moral support (I was seriously contemplating quitting a couple times). I know I ain't done yet but at least I think I can do it now and I can see the light.

P.S. I have 6 more days in veg for the original plan. You all think I should flip em on schedule or give a another week to fatten up those shade leaves more (my last defoliation was a little late and brutal)? and do you fim all the tops going into flower or just the main ones when they are getting a little too tall?

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  8. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Doug glade you hung in there. Just a thought for you. The average plant doubles in height by the end of flower, so with that in mind your not going to want that 1000 watt light closer than two feet to the tops of the plants. How much more height have you got my friend? Otherwise things are looking good!

9. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

Really?? Shit lol so is that double from the dirt to the top of where the highest branch is now, double the length from the dirt to the original top or double the height between the trellis and the highest top?

10. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

It's 4 ft from the trellis to the light. I could squeeze a couple more inches maybe but not much unless I took the tent off the frame and perched the light on top of it. hmmmmmmmm

11. Mrgreengenes

That is measured from the top of the plants. Some strains stretch less and some a little more.

Justcheckingitout likes this.
  12. Mrgreengenes

So if the plants are 2 feet high now at the top then they will finish around 4 feet high.

13. Mrgreengenes

They may not double in height it may be less.

14. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

@Mrgreenjeans
    um yeah but I got em pinned down IE if I measure the stalk to the top of my biggest plant it is 27 or 28 inches but since I got the trellis 9 inches off the dirt it is only 18 inches tall. If I go with from the dirt to the top now that is 36-45 inches and if I measure the stalk that is 56-70 inches and holy shit that wouldn't fit into the biggest room in my house LOL. Either way they are too tall though hmmmmmm. however if that measurement is off the trellis then we are talking about 18-24 inches which will be about right. I am confused

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  15. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

No matter what I am pushing it though.

16. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

I knew I was gonna make some dumb assed mistake lol

17. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Yep the cats at the hydro store always try to get me to buy stuff that I dont need. Amything I got questions on, I always ask here and always get a answer. Always better to ask the ones who have been there done that.

18. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

Do you know how I measure these to calculate max height after stretch?

19. Mrgreengenes

It sounds like your plants are roughly 2 feet tall From the base of the plant to the top of the plant. That means if you flip the lights today they would finish out between 3 and a half and 4 feet tall. I hope that makes sense.

Lvstickybud likes this.
  20. Doug_xx2

Doug_xx2 Active Member

Yes. Thank you. So that will make em just about right give or take a few inches as long as I raise the light the last couple inches I can. Sometimes I over think things.

LOL sometimes who am I kidding