Help identify a strain

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by Justcheckingitout, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Back in the late 80's some friends up in OH use to get some purple bud that the buds smelled just like skunk piss, they called it skunk.

I have never seen it since. Has anyone else seen/smoked this and know what it is?

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Skunk...just skunk was around Midwest for a long time. I honestly thought it was a cut of northern lights but slightly before my prime

3. Justcheckingitout

Did the orignal skunk, buds smell just like shunk piss and purple (dark) color?

The only skunk (dont remember which one it was, might of been a mix or later version of the orignsl) I ever grew had the dank smell but not like skunk piss.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Dude really? There's entire forums solely devoted to recreating RKS (Road Kill Skunk). Lost strain for us mortals. Seen a few breeders claim to use "original skunk", which would be RKS methinks, in their lineage. But nobody who is bold enough to actually state "RKS". Call it bullshit or simply differing definitions, I dunno.

5. Justcheckingitout

Yes really.....When I did a search I got sensi seeds was the orignal skunk but thats not it. I know this because I got every skunk sensi seeds has and none of them are it. I had no Idea that it was called road kill skunk?? I only seen it two or three times in the 80's. Never once since. Remember back then people got good brick weed and tried to call it columbian gold. I figured if anyone knew what I was talking about it would be someone here. the truth band I just chopped was kind of close, some skunk piss smell in there.

6. nippie

being a midwest kid, I can attest to skunk being huge around here...literally if it was good smoke it was skunk because it smelled like a skunks asshole. Honestly haven't seen it since i was a teen.

But i do recall being on tour as a teen and someone telling me it was northern lights, basically we were going to trade on lot and noticed it was the same exact thing.

Looking back, the grower may have been caught retired etc etc so no more skunk.

I do miss the stone of some good brick weed. 9/10 times it was nd seedy garbage, but sometimes you would get some strait satty shit straight from Mexico and laugh you ass off. Thinking about it reminds me of being like 14-15 and getting a snow day...a couple of my friends all came over and we shoveled some driveways to get money to buy an oz to split and just got silly stoned....and then my mom came home :roffl:

good times...I wish i could find a satty to make me laugh like that, and not need 20 ft ceilings to grow it out

7. Justcheckingitout

Man the good days, we would smoke in this kids basement in NE and I thought his mom knew because they just smoked it like they didnt care who knew. His mom came down yelling and I thought she was kidding, she told me wipe that smile off your face or I will slap you, I told her my mom would come over and stomp her ass if she touched me, never seen that kid again. I think his mom sent him to boys town. Lol

8. nippie

yea my mom never condoned it, but at the same time she couldn't really stop it. hell at 14 I would get suspended from school for smoking just to run off and see some dead shows...so i guess in her eyes it wasn't ok, but at least i was home :roffl:

But weed back then is nothing like now, I don't know if it is because I was ignorant or because shit was simpilier. But skunk was huge through early 90s no telling what it was because i remember when hydro was actually what people called a strain...pretty sure that's a growing style not a strain (may have been, but doubtful)

I remember smoking some shit on lot (actually just alleys across from the pyramid) in memphis tenn 1995...I asked what it was and the guy just looked at me and said 'the shit that killed elvis' and nodded his head....I threw up from that and then the acid kicked in.

I swear i will beat my kids if they ever act like me :roffl:

9. ResinRubber

Thinking all that "Skunk" in the midwest was simply some stinky Afghan crosses. If it stunk people called it "Skunk". Like Anything good was "Chronic" or "Kush" or "dro". A good stinky Afghan strain will make your eyes water and cloy it's way into sinus cavities you never knew you had. But from what I understand, a true RKS makes the stinkiest Afghan smell like a lily.

Shamelessly lifted from Jesse at MrNice

10. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

RKS was real popular here in the 90's. If it came back that's all I'd smoke I think.

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Off topic...how the hell can you OHIO people consider yourself "Midwest", your not even close to the halfway point...freakin ohio is 45 mins from me, im in Pittsburgh!!!

Itd take you 6 hours to get to the east shore and like 40hours to get to the west! And your football teams suck!:jj: :rofl6:

But id smack my daughter for some real deal RKS...

12. Justcheckingitout

For those of us who have seen and smelled it, you cant forget it. Thats for sure.

I did find some simular reading that Res had today. Alot of peope said Mr.nice shit and g13 had a strain that was dam skipy close. I honestly dont think I could get away with growing it where I live. Guess by the time I find something to try maybe I will be in a new place or have a more remote place to grow where smell wont be a big factor.

13. Justcheckingitout

I am from NE, so I am mid western. Just lived in OH for a stent. Not sure why people in OH consider them selves mid westerners??? Wait I am high, I dont see where anyone said OH was mid west. Unless NIP is from OH? Lol

14. nippie

Man shits getting deep, good thing I wear docs and just bought a good shovel. Ragging on ohio when certain teams cheat to win because they can't play against a b rate team and win

15. ResinRubber

[​IMG]

Midwest states. Thinking Ohio don't belong anywhere when you look at it. All out there in front just hanging alone. Kind of like a foreskin to the real Midwest. Or maybe a buttcrack to the NorthEast states?

Didn't think RKS was prominent in the central states. So hard to really know. A bunch of uneducated teen age snotnosed 80' and 90's mullet head freaks aren't the most reliable of historical sources for strain background.

16. nippie

wow, feeling the love guys :whipping boy:

17. ResinRubber

Missus Nippie claims you love it.:pimp:

18. nippie

:roffl:

Don't act like you don't have straps on your bed too.

How many of you guys say soda vs pop?

19. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

POP alllllday long here

I was under the impression that RKS came from OHIO tho...thought I read that somewhere a long time ago??

And whoa wait a minute, cheating? This aint New England... You got Adam Jones, who IS the single biggest scumbag playing the game...well besides Burfict, we got Harrison but hes in at best a 5th place position, you guys got the top 2:rofl:

Besides...your best player in franchise history said he was ashamed to be in the history of a team like what he saw play last week..Boomer, lol...either that or atleast you got Icky Woods to fall back on when you Ohio folks talk about the good ole days

Still love you man, relax, your football team sucks ass tho:jj::thumbsup:

20. nippie

:roffl:

I ain't mad. Honestly they do suck ass. I watched a few games. But opie broke his thumb you knew we were done. Ito total like Charlie brown...you know

As far as genetics, skunk was huge around here for a long time. It was that or Mexican brick weed growing up.

There was a legendary strain from ohio also, can't remember the name but it was always some knows some one who knew someone type shit.