Help Me Choose My Next System

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Useless, Apr 7, 2011.

?

Help Me Choose My Next System

1. Design A - 20 plants, 5 Kw Horizontal Light

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Design A - 20 plant 5 Kw Vertical Light

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Design B - 8 Plants 5.6 Kw Vertical Light

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

OK, so I did some remodeling in the room, and now I have a tough decision to make.

I can't decide on the new set-up, so I thought I would get some feedback. I used google sketch to make a couple crappy drawings (sure ain't AutoCad or Solidworks lol) so forgive me for not having all the layers dialed, and I have no fucking clue what happened to the colors I set up, but you should still be able to get the idea. Drawings are to scale. Flower area itself is basically 17' x 9'.

Lights are identified by a triangle. (Option A is all 1kw, option B is 2x 1kw + 6x 600w)(Veg room has 2x 600w)

Small circles represent 5 gallon bucket.

Big circles are plants (not shown in option A for clarity)

Square area's are 4'x4'

Some details -

Both options will be RDWC/UC type set ups. But my own design.

Option A

20 plants, 4 plants per light. I am thinking 15 gal totes with 5 gallon buckets. Finishing height would be around 3- 4 ft. Basically bushes.

Option B

8 Giant trees. Probably 35 gallon totes also using 5 gallon buckets as the plant and medium container. Finished height would be about 6.5 ft. plant height.

Just from a pure logistics view, believe it or not the 20 plant will be easier than the 8 plant. But I do love some trees too.

So OK, Option A

[​IMG]

Option B

[​IMG]

2. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

The answer is REALLY super-ultra-secret Option C...Setup a second location and RUN BOTH!!!:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

I like the looks of both Useless. Option A looks solid. I think that would be my pick. You could offset each flower area accordingly and always be harvesting!!! One nice crop every 4-5-6 weeks, strain dependent of course. HOOOUUUUUAAAH!!!!!

Option B has me thinking light placement and intensity. I Personally dont find 600's do too well with large plants, in terms of even distribution and intensity to hit down low. My biggest plants were just about 60" tall from the top of a 5ver. Too much Popcorn.

How does 4 or 6 vertically hung(bare bulb) 1000's down the middle with a 600(batwings fixed to wall shinning perpendicularly) capping off either end for lower level side lighting sound? Maybe even 1 or 2 mounted the same way on each of the Long Length walls?

Just some initial thoughts while sitting back and smoking a fat bat of some finely cured MASTER KUSH.

Peace,

JJb

:passsit:

3. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

vertical light

option b

:popcorn-2: :popcorn-2:

4. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Come on man, run a UC system, maybe the 4 pot system next to some of your tables, I need to be convinced by someone familiar on UC

But all in all id vote 8 trees

Your top picture is half of what I have running, I have 2 rooms 4x4, one with a 4pot RDWC (3Dab and 1 Lemonberry ,Which is looking perfect) 1k vert....the other has the 32 tuffbox "tree" tub in it with a 1k vert(about to get either a LB or Dab tree goin) and a 5x3 with 2-600 verts (running the fusion gear now)

5. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

CC I knew you'd say the trees. And the flower area is 5kw, I know the arrow only points to the one half. But each 4x4 square would be a 1kw. I know the diagram is craptacular, I could have had it done in Autocad in about 15 mins, in perfect detail, but the google sketch program sucks.

JJB, The whole room is plastered with panda film, the entire room is a giant reflector.

6. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

I'd like to see trees as well..

7. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I wanna see the 20 vertical grow!!

t6

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I'd like to see you do the 20 plants with vertical lighting. The vertical lighting is very interesting to me and if you have excellent results with the style, then I will have a new style to try when I upgrade my space eventually and go bigger than I am now.

The only thing I don't really fully understand (because I have no working knowledge of it) is heat control when using the vertical lighting. In a sealed room, wouldn't the radiant heat be an issue? I mean without the reflectors sealed and hooked to fans won't a 5kw grow room get pretty warm or at the very least won't the A/C have to work harder to maintain temps?

9. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

option b

You'll get more per square foot guaranteed especially runnin 1000 in the flowers

10. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

A

Love to see some trees

11. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

Thank you Useless for verification of my choice for setup this time!!!!!!!!

Very glad we're of the same mind on this.

I vote option A. As you have stated previously smaller plants are more efficient. That said....Trees are just amazing to see.

Retiree

12. Kaiser Puff

Kaiser Puff Full Flowering

Both look good to me but I'll vote A as it'll be easier to manage.