Herb

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Mrgreengenes, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Herb Sparky is coming back! Keep a eye out. lol :smileys-passing-joint:

2. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

The glory days are coming back....:animbong:

3. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

:animbong: <---- I missed that avatar. How's it going People? Long time.....long time.

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

The butt fucking Yeti returns. All hail the beast. How you been Herb?

Herb likes this.
  5. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I can't complain Resin. I'm still kickin'! Trying to start another round in a new space. I hope I don't disappoint. How's things on your end?

6. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Hey Herb how's it going I just got back myself trying my hand at growing again

Herb likes this.
  7. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Yep...me too. Like a bike eh?

HeadCase likes this.
  8. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

yea just hope I don't fall off

9. Justcheckingitout

Party time!

10. Justcheckingitout

Good to see you back Herb, so now with recreational in CA, is home grow with out med licence legal?

11. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I always buy enough Botainicare to last to grow cycles, so I never have a problem with them getting to old.

12. ResinRubber

Not bad out here in the tundra. Growing weed, making edibles and waiting for my State to get on the Legalize wagon. Kids are grown and it's just me and a dog. A guy can grow a lot of weed when he's got nothing else to do.

Still got the gardens and goats or have things changed on that front? Either way, you still got a home at GK and old heads who'll listen to your shit. MrGj instituted a no mod abuse rule in Admin so I'm guessing we'll be safe from hairy predations. Also.....hate to bring this up but as a past executive furball sweeper in the backroom it seems my call...ex-Admin has to sweep their own furballs. My old dustpan and broom are in the closet, help yourself.

Mrgreengenes likes this.
  13. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Yes it is legal to grow up to 6 plants now, but the catch is they left it up to the individual counties to regulate their own rules and my county is VERY conservative in that regard. The powers that be are anti-pot for the most part and will find any way to screw with you. So I continue to fly under the radar.....I found that method works best. I'm pretty remote now so I don't foresee any issues. I'll keep to the guidelines as best I can and just do what I've always done and tell nobody. It's worked for me this long. It's just nice to have my own house now without worry that a landlord will find it.

Mrgreengenes likes this.
  14. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Everything has changed for me over the past two years Resin. No more goats and the veggy garden is having to be re-built. My wife and I moved into a new house of our own and I am starting from scratch again. We are left with 3 dogs, 2 cats, and 4 chickens as far as animals go now. Our new (to us anyway) home is a couple years older than I am (old as friggin' dirt!) and we are currently working on bringing it back to life. There were some established fruit trees and grape vines that I am working on, as well as getting set back up to grow my veggies. A greenhouse is also in the works and I will be attempting an outdoor SCROG grow this summer in it.....after I get an indoor harvest under my belt of course. My reserves are low so gotta get them jars filled back up somehow. No worries on the furballs...I have my own broom and dustpan. :smokin:

15. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Training wheels brother! Sarcasm

16. ResinRubber

Brother, we gotta talk. Since you been gone I left the 'burbs and settled into the old farm. The house was built in 1880 and added onto by whoever had a hammer and shitty idea. Wood heat, but it's cozy and nobody bothers me out here. Now that I added a new hound I hunted almost every day this season right out my back door. Thought about chickens but since the hound is a bird dog....kinda nixed that idea. But goats! Been thinking about goats to help clear back some of the scrub and sure enough Herb pops back.

I got an old out building for a bit of shelter and decent woody pasture....but you'd be the guy to tell me what a cat's gotta know about goats?

Mrgreengenes likes this.
  17. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Nice Resin. I'm sure after living as you do now you are MUCH happier for it. I'm still living within the boundaries of civilization myself but just barely. In fact I have a creek running through my backyard not more than 35 yards out. Perfect distance for my pellet gun and those pesky woodpeckers. Gives my cats a treat anyway. ;) I can walk downstream and there is not a soul around me. I go out with the dogs for a walk...take my smoke...and clear my head. Does wonders for a man's mental health let me tell ya. I attached a picture of the creek. One might say it's perfect Sasquatch territory. :roll:

Whiskey Creek.jpg

As for the goats....well they are pretty easy really. I have some pasture myself and would love to have goats again, but they need good fencing (which I don't currently have) and there is always the matter of predators. I live on the creek and have coyotes, bobcats, and cougars that frequent the creek bed as their highway. Bears too in fact, so goats are not an option for me anymore. If you have those bases covered they pretty much fend for themselves. I provided shelter, clean water, and protection and let them do the rest. Once I had the right number of goats for the amount of land I didn't have to supplement their feed either. If you feed them alfalfa they tend to get picky and not eat the pasture grass. Great animals though...very hardy.

18. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

Welcome back herbster!!

I dig your spot Glad to see you're still at it.

I'm looking at getting goats, I recently inherited a farm with a few cows and a bull in Oregon. Been figuring out how to grow plants in what is 100% clay...what I've figured out so far, I need new dirt :roll: so I'm going fish fed farm fresh :bigok:

Anawho, glad to see ya :pimp:

ResinRubber, Herb and Mrgreengenes like this.
  19. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Good to see you too Goblin. Not in Alaska any longer?

Green Goblin likes this.
  20. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I am late to the welcome back party, computer was screwed up for a week but it has recovered now. Anyway. Glad you are on board again.

Herb likes this.