Hey there from Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brussels, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Brussels

Brussels Germinated

Hello everyone...I'm new to the forum, but not to growing. This is my sixth year growing cannibis, and i'm now about 85% organic. Would love to hear from others in southern regons of the U.S. on what outdoor strains have worked well for them.

I'm sure I'll continue to learn more about our favorite subject, and feel I have plenty to share considering the success' and failures I've had in the past. With our long growing season, diligent farmers can have a spring and fall crop.
    Anyway, hello again from hot and humid Texas...B

2. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

3. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Howdy!! Welcome to the site.

I just recently moved from Texas. Lived in Dallas for 5 years. Decided to come back to Cali and try for a med card so I can grow legally.

Enjoy your stay :punk:

4. Shine Down

Shine Down plays in cabinets........

what part of tx, i am in ft worth....

5. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Since he included humid in his description of Texas, my guess would be the Houston area.

Am I right?

Edit: Nevermind...profile says Austin. It's not humid in Austin!

6. Shine Down

Shine Down plays in cabinets........

sheeeit..... i got more water in my lungs up here from the 3 weeks of rain we got....

i hated the climate in houston/galveston.... humid, and windy from the huge ass mosquito's....

they werent that big in canada or alaska when i was up there years ago....

7. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Welcome

Wekcome to GrowKind, Brussels. :wave:

Sharing information is what its all about! :thumbsup:

:beerchug:

8. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Welcome

:wave: Hello Brussels... you do know in the UK when we talkin brussels we talkin bruseel sprouts meaning BIG TITTIES dont ya:ponder:

Interesting choice of name,i for one will enjoy following your journey as a grower here on GK:wink:Cant beat the feeling of havin a lil wake&bake in the morning using your OWN homegrown...damn thats why i love doin this shit:roll:ENJOY:thumbsup:

9. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey welcome to the family!!! We are here if you need us.[​IMG]

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Sticky Skunky Buds

Howdy fellow Texan! Welcom to GrowKind, hope you stay around. It's sure is hot in Texas, but it's never been over a 100 yet so it's been cool.

11. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

12. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Another experienced grower....nice :ebert:

Welcome :wave:

13. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

howdy partner:punk:

14. Brussels

Brussels Germinated

Mmmm, I guess the humidity thing was a giveaway... Those who guessed Houston are the winners. Your prize is in the mail, i love you and won't... oh well, heard that one before.

I do most of my studio work in Austin, sometimes staying a week at a time, depending on the gig. Also, at sugar hill studio in houston. I'm lucky in that I'm able to earn my keep in the field that I love; music. It gives one plenty of time to 'spread your wings' and mentally soar. (not crazy about smokey clubs though)

I think I liked the 'big boobs' reference from across the pond. lol My handle simply comes from enjoying that beautiful city, (amsterdam is certainly a close second) and not with particular any vegetables in mind. Though, for some reason, a nice texas ruby red grapefruit might apply.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome, and I hope to post more on what has worked well and not so well for me. I have tons of photos, but will need to learn how to resize them first....Be seein ya, B

15. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

B for and after

Welcome southerner...I certainly can relate with the heat...personally though, I'm not that far south...even though that's the case, it still is gettin' past the century mark alot these daze...spect' it's cuz' it's summer...and the humidity...over the rinse and thru the wash...wet wet wet...but I digress...

B...I think you will enjoy yer' "R & D" time spent here...I know I have...there's sumpthin' special 'bout this site...lots of growin' goin' on'...in more ways than one...

Sounds as if you have the gift of music in yer' soul...me too...would appear we share a common thread...that's groovy:)

Hopefully, we will bump into one another soon!...

DC:new_scatter:

16. troy_mccular

troy_mccular Begun Flowering

Austin, TX is one of the best places on the face of this earth. You are indeed lucky! YOUTH, HOPE, DREAMS

17. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

"The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas"

I have had that lyric stuck in my head for a solid month. I believe I heard it on "Reba".

Anyways, welcome, good to have ya!

18. blowthedro22

blowthedro22 light up the swish

almost neighbors

not to far from me i live in southwest louisiana and im new into the growing community..im sure youve been here and know how hot and humid it is..you able to do outdoor grows there

19. sectguitar

sectguitar Guest

hello fellow southeners!

well Brussels and Dro i too originally hail from the south. i come from a little town called Deridder LA but call Lake Charles home. im currently in SW MO keeping the grow alive. welcome to GK. looking forward to following your post.

peace

PS hey i too am an engineer. i work in the only live music capital for blue hairs. B town lets call it. anywho i know exactly what you mean about the art of mixing letting you set free..........and a blueberry dub helps too! gonna have a few of my mixes up on myspace from my last album. its metal but thats kind of my thing anywho ill hit you up when there there!:punk: :evil4:

20. blowthedro22

blowthedro22 light up the swish

ha

damn i know people from deridder and live in the parish