HHHG's new MicroSog

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by HappyHappyHighGuy, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

HHG,

I really dig watching your mini grows. It looks like a system that would be fun to run.

Thanks for the shows,

2. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Sativas!

Thai Haze x Skunk1

[​IMG]

I've kept it 6" under the lights and it is pretty short at 20 days 12/12

Arjan's Haze #1

[​IMG]

The last time I grew this strain it was huge and bushy with nothing but airy buds. It was useless for smoking but should make some great hash or butter.

I lollipopped the one on the left to see if that gives better results.

I've kept them close to the light, but will move them away when they are finished stretching because they don't like to be too close/hot.

Check out the estimated harvest date :smokin:

3. HappyHappyHighGuy

Upgrade!

Bubble Cloner

[​IMG]

I decided to give bubble cloning a try again, now that the cab is at a constant temperature. I think that cold temp was the reason I've never had success with a bubbler.

4. hygrade

hygrade _________________________

good luck with the bubble cloner happy,i can't believe that thaze x sk1 is so shaort at 20 days 12/12! what'd you hit it with some bushmaster or something?

5. HappyHappyHighGuy

They are from seed with zero veg time. Keeping them about 6" under the lights has kept them short.

This is how big it can get...

[​IMG]

6. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

That plant on the end is insane looking!

7. HappyHappyHighGuy

Yep. I hope to grow a 1 cola version of that.

8. HappyHappyHighGuy

More veg space

I added another shelf to the veg area so now there is 6 square feet for seedlings, clones and mothers. Each shelf is lit by (2) 18" 15w floros running 18/6.

All the cuttings in my bubbler died so I'm officially giving up on bubble cloning.

9. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

Dude...

That 8 foot tall plant is unreal! How was it not root bound in that little 5 gallon bucket?!? That stem is half as thick as my wrist...JESUS

10. HappyHappyHighGuy

New pics

Bottom flowering chamber (4+wks)

[​IMG]

Top veg shelf - Cloning Arjan's Haze in peat pellets, growing GHS SuperSilverHaze seedlings, behind them are 9 mother plants

[​IMG]

The black wire behind the bowl is the temperature probe for the reptile thermometer

Middle veg shelf - Tribal Vision and SSH seedlings, cloning Hawaiian Snow in rockwool and Ice in peat pellets

[​IMG]

Bottom veg shelf - Kali Mist seedlings in rockwool (bowl), GWS,Bubblicious & NL clones a week or two into vegging

[​IMG]

Kali Mist seedlings that popped up yesterday. Aren't they cute? :smile:

[​IMG]

Since adding a heater to the veg area I have had 100% cloning and germination rates. I'd recommend it to anyone who is getting poor rates in a veg area that goes below 70F°.

11. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

Those seedlings look kind of stretchy :light: :light:

12. HappyHappyHighGuy

Stretch doesn't make much difference in my setup because the plants stay so short throughout their lifetime, but I try to keep seedlings 1-2" away from the light during veg.

13. HappyHappyHighGuy

Thai Haze x Skunk

39 days into 12/12 from seed and only 6" tall with lots of potential clones...it's looking like it will be a she

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. HappyHappyHighGuy

SSH, etc.

Super Silver Haze (GHS)

This lady is 3 weeks 12/12

5 of 5 seeds produced females

They are stretchy so the clones will veg for just 1 week

[​IMG]

Thai Haze x Skunk1 (STS)

She's a slow grower, but started filling out after I topped her

It will probably take 16-20 weeks to finish, but Haze plants are well worth the long wait :smokin:

[​IMG]

0-30 day flower shelf

The tall ones on the right are SSH

Short ones on the left are Kali Mist & Pineapples Punch

[​IMG]

15. HappyHappyHighGuy

Final post

I'm not going to be updating this thread anymore but I will always answer any questions. It's taken a year to get the system dialed in and I'm finally getting results I am happy with.

I am using mostly 100oz buckets now. It takes the same space as 4 bottles but gives 20% more root space which makes a huge difference in yield. There are 1-4 plants in each bucket and they veg a lot longer than the bottles. It's much easier to take care of 12 buckets than 48 bottles.

I also now have a 70w HPS in each of the flowering chambers. It keeps the plants shorter and definitely increases yield and density.

Some of my girls in buckets...

JOGged Joc Horror 1 week from harvest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(4) Hawaiian Snow 12/12 day 1

[​IMG]

(2) Hashberry 12/12 day 1. Will be pollinated with Kali Mist in a few weeks

[​IMG]

16. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

So glad you dialed in the results you were looking HHH.:thumbsup: Your gardens are an inspiration to any micro grower out there. Thanks for all the work you shared.

cheers,

17. HappyHappyHighGuy

Thanks Res :smokin:

Now that it's dialed in I can start breeding. As mentioned above, my first cross will be Hashberry x Kali Mist. I just got a pack of DJS Blueberry that will be part of the cross breeds. Medicine Man & Shark Shock will also be used to help create the ultimate muscle relaxer and sleep aid.

:new_sleeping: