HH's Guerilla Diary 2007

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by HillbillyHemp, Apr 4, 2007.

1. HillbillyHemp

HillbillyHemp Higher than Camel Pussy

It's a pine forest. There's pine needles everywhere for miles and miles. As long as you don't pile them on thick it's ok.

2. HillbillyHemp

They have sexed. Or at least a large % has on last visit. They've not really stopped vegging, just shown they're sex early for some reason. This is my first time growing these strains, so it's all new to me as far as how the plants will grow and turn out. But, in my experience, I've never had a confirmed female by June growing outdoors here. Kinda surprised.

I'm suspecting an early start on flowering, but only time will tell.

3. HillbillyHemp

June 12

I'll start this week by explaining a little about my fertilizer. As I said I'm using chicken litter that was collected from my small coop. I started collecting it in November and kept collecting it and piling it at the base of an oak tree all the way up until Feb. This litter is mainly comprised of chicken shit, some chicken feed, and some soil.

In Feb. this fert was still fresh and hot. It hadn't had much time to decompose. This was perfect for rejeuvinating my holes. I used it with a mix of peat moss, mushroom compost, lime, and perlite. This mix had a couple of months to break down before I transplanted my plants into it.

Now this mix has sat and dried out. it has broken down some and is no longer very hot. This is perfect for top dressing my plants. Collecting it up, it looks like this.

[​IMG]

Then pulverizing it into mostly a powder.

[​IMG]

This is then applied to each plant right around the base of the stalk. It will feed my plants each time I water or when it rains.

This week it's time to get back on the nutes. I'm using FF's Grow Big mixed with distilled water at the rate of 2 Tlbsp/gallon. This is a very strong mix. I'm using it this strong because each plant doesn't receive and entire gallon of water due to the problems of lugging that much water into the wilderness. So far all my plants show that they can handle a strong mix of Grow Big, so I don't anticipate this being a problem at all.

Everything looks good and on schedule. Insect damage was minimal. 1 plant looks kinda wilted for some reason. More on that it a bit.

Hole #1 is 2 AK47. Sex is undetermined.

[​IMG]

Hole #2. Pure Power Plant. This plant is very vigorous and healthy. This strain seems to love the outdoors so far. The Afghan that was here turned male and was removed last visit. Confirmed Female.

[​IMG]

Hole #3. 2 Pure Power. Both are confirmed females. The odor of this strain is sweet/pungent so far.

[​IMG]

Hole #4. 2 AK47. The plant on the right is a confirmed Female. This strain smells skunky at this time.

[​IMG]

Hole #5. 2 HH Bagseed strain. Insects have had a feast on them.

[​IMG]

Hole #6. 2 Pure Power. Both are vigorous. Right plant is confirmed Female. left is almost able to tell. I believe it will be Female.

[​IMG]

Hole #7. 2 AK47. The plant on the left is looking wilted. It's very strange because not the entire plant looks that way. It's mostly on one side.

[​IMG]

Here's a closeup. Notice the limb on the far right seems unaffected. By looking at the plant close, I think a deer or other animal smelled my scent around it and pissed on it. I say this because the PH is stable at 6.6. There's no sign of nute burn. Anybody got any ideas what caused this?

[​IMG]

Hole #8. AK47 on left. It is a confirmed male and will be cut back in preparation for pollen production/collection. The Afghan on the right was the male plant I cut back last week.

[​IMG]

Hole #9. Afghan on left is a confirmed Female. This plant is gonna be huge. It's growing like a mofo and showing no signs of slowing down. AK47 on right.

[​IMG]

Closeup of Afghan above

[​IMG]

Hole #10. 2 HH Bagseed strain.

[​IMG]

Hole #11. 1 HH Bagseed strain.

[​IMG]

My only surviving Blue Mystic.

[​IMG]

Luck is still holding. :)

4. HillbillyHemp

June 19

Finally had some rain here in the past week. I was begining to worry. It was complete drought conditions here until this rain. 80% chance of rain today. Finally some relief.

My Blue Mystic has sexed and is male. I've moved it into a more shady spot with less light to encourage it to hurry up and start pollen production. Crap luck on the BM. I was really looking forward to this strain. I love a great tasting indica for evening smoke and I have never smoked Blueberry/Blue Mystic.

So, I'm thinking about crossing the Afghan with the BM pollen, as well as my HH Bagseed strain. Maybe even storing the pollen and crossing the Afghan/BM cross with the same pollen again next year. Any ideas? Suggestions?

5. HillbillyHemp

June 20

Finally some substantial rain has fallen and you can tell a difference. The top dressing I applied last week was perfect timing. Everything was watered with distilled water mixed with FF Grow Big at 2 tblsp/gallon. Approximately 1 to 1.5 US quarts each.

Hole #1. 2 AK47 of undetermined sex. Height is apprx. 35 inches tall.

[​IMG]

Hole #2. 1 Pure Power Plant from my first sprouted. Confirmed Female. Height is apprx. 39 inches. This strain is starting to show it's hybrid vigor. It's very healthy and has a strong pungent odor. 1 Afghan was transplanted in today.

[​IMG]

Hole #3. 2 Pure Power. Both Female. Plants are very heavy from rain and very pliable. I forgot my materials to start LST on the left plant. So instead I have gently spread it open by hand. It'll stay that way for days.

[​IMG]

A little closer look at this strain. (Plant from above right) Height is apprx. 39 inches.

[​IMG]

Hole #4. 2 AK47. Plant on the left is sex undetermined. Right is Female. Right plant has slowed down a bit growth wise after really taking off at first. It's showing no signs of illness and is healthy with a strong skunky scent. Height is apprx. 35 inches.

[​IMG]

Hole #5. 2 HH Bagseed strain. Here you can see the different phenos of this strain. These seeds came off the same plant, and probably off the same bud. On the left is the indica dominant pheno, right is the more sativa dominant pheno. Since I started growing this strain years ago, the indica dom. phenos had the better yeild and buzz.

[​IMG]

Hole #6. 2 Pure Power. Both Females. Height is apprx. 45 inches. Both are beautiful.

[​IMG]

Hole #7. 2 AK47. Plant on the right is looking better. Still wilted some for whatever reason it was, still don't know. It's also copnfirmed Female. Plant on the left is undetermined.

[​IMG]

Hole #8. AK47 left, Afghan on right. Both Male. Cut back for pollen production. I probably won't take any more pics of these 2.

[​IMG]

Hole #9. Afghan on left. Confirmed Female. Is apprx. 55 inches and growing huge. Plant is impressive in it's growth. Hard to believe an indica is getting this big. AK47 on right is confirmed Female. Bushy plant.

[​IMG]

Afghan from above left

[​IMG]

Hole #10. 2 HH Bagseed strain. Both are sex undetermined. Both are of the indica dominant pheno. I've been trying to breed out the sative dom. phenos. They're looking good and starting to take off nicely.

[​IMG]

Hole #11. HH Bagseed strain. Sex undetermined. Plant has a little of both phenos in it. Growing good.

[​IMG]

Everything looks good for another week. Next week I'll be trying some LST on a couple of plants for sure. That is unless I get high before daylight again and forget my materials. :XXsmoker:

Dr. Dra likes this.
  6. troy_mccular

troy_mccular Begun Flowering

It looks like you planted these from seeds in soil. What temp and conditions did you use to sprout them. I either really suck at sprouting or my seeds do. I can put my AK47's in potting soil and they'll come up but not my fresh bag seeds.

7. HillbillyHemp

I soaked them for 12 hours, used paper towel method, then moved them outside to sprout. See begining of thread. Outside air temps were 50-65 F days, 38-45 F nights. A few nights got really, really cold around Easter.

8. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Enjoying the updates thanks!

I'm waitin' to see how outdoor LST looks and produces!

I have no outdoor exp (second indoor grow), I live in an urban area so not many options for guerrilla that don't scare the shit out of me to think of visiting. This is the first outdoor grow thread I've read.

Thanks for takin' the time :punk:

Good Growing!

9. HillbillyHemp

Glad you like it bud!

I'm doing a simple LST to open up the middle of some of the more bushy plants.

I'll keep it going! Enjoy!

10. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

nice work my friend. Im always jelous of a nice outdoor grow.

If only I could grow outside....maybe one day.

11. Dr. Dra

Dr. Dra Veggy Stage

your plants are looking huge for this time year. I can't wait to see them in the fall man. You seem really professional about it, in the words of joe dirt, keep on keepin on.:punk:

12. HillbillyHemp

Thanks Krondike, Dr.

I love growing as much as smoking. Lots of pleasure in growing your own.

I've never grown genetics like these before. I've never had MJ sex as early as these either. It's a learning experience.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. Guerilla growing can be a crap shoot. :sad10:

13. HillbillyHemp

June 28

It's been 8 days since my last visit and it has rained heavily 3 times. Growth has been off the charts. I love it when plants reach this stage!

There's some bad news that leaves me in a bit of a dilema. The AK47 in hole #8 is a hermie and not a true male. That is the only AK47 that wasn't confirmed female. My dilema would be how to propagate seeds that stay pure to the strain? I don't want to pass on hermie genes. Looks like I'll have to plant my remaining AK seeds and hope for a small male that will mature sexually in time.

Also, all 5 of my Pure Power are female. No male to make seeds.

Looks like I'll be planting a couple those too. :5headache: First time I've planted seeds and hoped for a male!

Hiked in at daybreak with 6 gallons of distilled water and other gear. Could barely see where to step. Jumped a buck who then proceeded to snort loudly at me before bounding off. The humidity must've been above 90%. Everything's quiet and looking good.

All plants look vigorous and very healthy. All are very odorific. Since they've been taking the FF's Grow Big nutes with no problems and they are all of considerable size, I decided to up the mix a bit. I mixed 2.5 tblsp/gallon of FF GB. I'm sure they can take it at this point.

As promised I brought my materials for some simple LST tie down. I'm using jute twine attached to other plant life or sticks made into stakes. I'll post the pics as a before/after kinda thing.

Hole #1. 2 AK47. Both are confirmed female. Looking normal and healthy.

[​IMG]

Hole #2. 1 Pure Power. Confirmed female. 56" tall. 1 Afghan transplanted in the foreground last week.

[​IMG]

Hole #3. 2 Pure Power. Both female. Looking very good. The left plant is gonna be bushy. Left 41" tall. Right 52" tall.

[​IMG]

Hole #3 after being tied down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm also placing a small piece of jute around the main stems to act as a safety. This should ensure that the stem will kink over and not split the stalk in two if a high wind or damaging rain/hail should beat on them.

[​IMG]

Hole #4. 2 AK47. Both female. left 41". right 44".

[​IMG]

Close up of above right.

[​IMG]

Hole #5. 2 HH Bagseed strain. Both are male and were pulled immediatley after this pic.

[​IMG]

Hole #6. 2 Pure Power. both female. left 50" tall. right 54". looking great.

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hole #7. OOPS! I forgot to take pics! :eusa_think: sorry folks.

Hole #8 has my hermie AK47 and my Afghan male.

Hole #9. 1 Afghan. Female. 63" tall. This plant grew 8 inches in as many days even after being topped last visit. Impressive. Right plant is AK47, female, very bushy, 48" tall.

[​IMG]

I've decided not to tie down this Afghan. I wanna see how much taller it gets. It won't be topped anymore. The AK47 is very bushy with many main stems. I'll tie it down.

[​IMG]

Hole #10. 2 HH bagseed strain. Right plant is a 48" female. Left plant is male. I'm gonna cut it back for now.

[​IMG]

Plant @ right above

[​IMG]

Hole #11. 1 HH Bagseed strain. Male. Pulled.

[​IMG]

It's incredible that out of 8 AK47's 7 are female and 1 is hermie. 5 out of 5 Pure Power are female. I've never seen a ratio like this. These are NOT feminized seeds.

I have 2 AK47 beans left. I wonder if they will have time to produce pollen this late in the season or even if they'll be male?????

I sure don't want to buy again next season. :5headache:

14. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

now thats what I call Outdoor growin :eusa_dance: props

15. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

hip-hip-hooray...

...That's getting yer' outdoor grow on...and then sum...

...Watt it is...and watt it shall be...keep us abreast!!!

DC:new_color_:

16. HillbillyHemp

Thanks Link, Daze

I've been too damn busy to even post the pics I took last week. I'll post fresh pics soon.

marymaryquitecntrary likes this.
  17. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

nice outdoor growing, HH! :bigok:

18. greenlife420

greenlife420 Flowering

19. HillbillyHemp

Thanks Mary!

20. Dr. Dra

Dr. Dra Veggy Stage

when s the next update man?