Homeade Insecticide

Discussion in 'Backed up FAQ files' started by wawona, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

Courtesy RD

Mash 3-4 jalepenos (or even better, habaneros) chili peppers and 3-4 garlic cloves.
    Put these in a coffe maker (the kind that uses paper cones).
    Add a pinch of Italian seasonings.
    Run a full coffee pot of water though it.
    After it cools, pour it into a 1 gallon container (I like to use an empty milk jug WELL MARKED), add enough water to fill to top and add 3-4 drops of liquid dishwashing detergent.
    This is an effective insectide.

Diluted even further, 50/50 with water, it is also a good preventitive.
    Spray every 2 weeks to prevent an infestation.
    I didn't follow my own advice. I didn't use the preventative method.
    It's essential that to rid yourself of mites you must spray with insecticide every 2 days for 2 weeks, alternating with plain water. If you don't, you'll never be rid of them.
    It's also essential to switch insecticides. The pests quickly build up a resistence to a specific type, so use pyrethrin or neem-oil based insecticides, insecticidal soap, and some of the newer oil products.
    Always read the label and make sure you seee the words "can be used up to day of harvest" (which means vegatables).
    Keep this in mind... if you wait til you have buds before you spray, the spray (and dead mites) will affect the taste and quality of your buds. Knock 'em down early.

P.S. Ladybugs don't eat spidermites. They don't have the mouth parts to pierce their hard shells (spider mites are arachnids and have a rigid exoskeleton like their relatives...crabs)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.