Hortilux Gold Grow

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by nippie, Sep 6, 2014.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Alright, trying out hortilux new gold ballast 1k with their super blue for veg then switching over to super HPS for flower

4 x 4 table

70 gallon ressy

Lucas formula with cal/mag supplement

been on the table for about 5 days, finally covered because I couldn't get a timer without driving an hour each way

[​IMG]

just a little info on the new ballast, we'll see if it's snake oil or the real deal

[YOUTUBE]Ti_1n687SzA[/YOUTUBE]

2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Good to see a grow coming from ya! I'll be watching!

3. nippie

I'm anxious to see the results of this, I was going to do platinium, but I aint paying that type of money for a ballast, out of principal can't do it. But the gold is suppose to be the top of the line as far as normal e balllasts go.

I will say I had to go back once because ALL bulbs failed to fire. Once at the store, they had two failure to fires then the ballast started burning bulbs like a champ. Went through at least 10 bulbs with no issues and haven't had a problem since then.

They think it was just a glitch in the new ballast, we'll see. But running their top notch blue right now, then super hps and probably taking out the glass and running blue during flush (as exper to see if it changes trichs)

But no shit, got a bad hood also, predator 8...back cord (it was loose in the hood). Funny though, store felt so bad because I dropped a serious dime on this setup and was back with almost all the equipment.

Also, was informed the dual arc are shit, they were going to give me one because I asked but they told me they haven't sold a single one since the inital rush on them. Said they just don't produce like HPS at all.

And I still have another setup going, more pictures coming soon :D

4. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Current pictures? :bong-2:

5. nippie