how late is to late?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by Grown in Tx., Sep 28, 2014.

1. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

I've got a bunch of clones i can't do anything with till a table becomes available in the flower room.

My Q (sounds kinda silly but) does the outdoor flowering season run til spring? I'm wanting to put 4 Bushy plants out to be done in 2 months by December. I'm not really worried much about freezing till late December to January.

2. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Yes, the light hours are good for flowering until half way through april here in michigan, you will get smaller buds then the plants that are almost done now because we will only have like 8 or 9 hours of light in a month or so but it is better then wasting them.

Also if you will be having 40 degree nights it will stunt them.

3. Grown in Tx.

Thanks Greenjah,

Our nights don't get that cold til late December.

I also have 2 5'8" ppp that I'm thinking of moving out there to finish their last 3 or 4 weeks of flower. I've tried bending them over a little but they cast a shadow over the rest. I have 2 clones each in case they don't make it, but these girls are touching the ceiling with no chance of the tops getting proper light. I'm not sure what else to do with them. I can dig the holes tonight and plant them tomorrow evening.

Any thoughts on that?

4. greenjah

You wouldnt have to dig holes, just leave them in pots. I have done that before, it works great. The buds get much bigger when you put them outside for the last few weeks.

The last time i did that i had to take them from my house to the farm and got pulled over with 9 plants with big buds already on them, i had a warrant out on me for a driving ticket from 8 years before so they impounded the van, took me in and i got out a few hours later and got the van back with the plants untouched.

5. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

That's a wild ass story. But sometimes there's nothing stranger than the truth. Bet you were at least happy to see the girls anyway!!

Be Cool, CG

6. Grown in Tx.

That's a good story, I thought I got away with something when my sack was still in crack of the seat when I went to jail one time.

I can't just put them out there in the pot, they are in a F&D table. Like I said bending them isn't working, I can't believe these things got so big, I started pinching them at just under 4 foot thinking they would slow down..... they just laughed at me like:321fu:boom

7. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Sounds like all out war!! It's on now!! Not really funny being in a situation where nothing seems to work. Did you get any clones of her? Sounds like her offspring need to be outside. Good luck dude.!!!

Be Cool, CG

8. Grown in Tx.

Yeah, got 2 clones of each plant. Amazing growth rate.is like jungle warfare right now for sure

9. greenjah

Du, i knew you did tables. Just sliped my mind. :bong2:

i wouldnt put them in the ground once in flower, you would loose a whole week of growth from the shock of going from hydro to dirt.

10. Grown in Tx.

See that's another thing, they are just now starting to get clusters on the tops, so I'm thinking they ate gonna be another LOOONG flowering Sativa. So I don't think a week or so is gonna hurt. There is no way these plants are gonna produce decent buds and be done in 3 weeks.

11. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Imho, baaaaaaaaad idea. Can you think of anything more stressful to a plant than going from hydro to dirt, indoors to outdoors, complete darkness compared to the night sky and light pollution all at once......during flower? Lose a week? Methinks you'll be lucky if that's all that happens.

:passit:

Tie it tighter, pinch it harder, sacrifice branches.

12. Grown in Tx.

Damn it man, I have thought about that. I've almost thought of trashing them because it's obviously not the pheno they advertised. Cut my loss and try the other 5 seeds.

13. ResinRubber

You just learned something. Start pinching or tying a plant before it gets 4 feet tall when you're working with limited head room.

14. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I'm in the same height issue, knew it was an issue but needed a clean dedicated space.

I tied them as best as possible and now I'm content in chopping shit that just don't want to cooperate with me. There's enough there so a branch here or there won't hurt.

Better to lose a little than to lose it all

But....you gotta a little more knowledge now because you have to figure that shit out. Experience is the number 1 thing you can have when growing...or in life in general

15. Grown in Tx.

Yo comprende. Lesson learned man, I'm gonna make a decision this evening, I got some shit in my eyes:5eek: at work yesterday and had to go to the doctor. But I can see now, so back to the front line of the war games. Now where's my machete:5obsessed:

16. Grown in Tx.

I moved them outside tonight, they just won't stop growing. I made up my horse poop and sand mixture and dug some pretty big holes. the pond never quite dried up this summer so the willow leafs in it have a made a pretty dark tea now that it has rained quite a bit and filled the pond up so, i'll probly just use that to water with. if they survive I think they should be done by Christmas standing at about 6 '6.:jj:

17. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

...in for the curiosity factor....

18. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

take pics!

HAMMOCK TIME I gotta see this horse shit

19. Grown in Tx.

Me too psycho, that's what keeps me going everyday:roffl:

FF, last night was the first time I have been able to get on the computer. I'll try tonight if my daughter (that's in community college) isn't doing her school work on it.

I've put vegging plants from the tables out in the ground but not flowing. These plants are not what I want/need in my grow room. So if I lose them no big deal I have plants waiting to fill the table.

20. ResinRubber

One way or the other it'll be epic. Don't think there's much middle ground in this one, big success or catastrophic failure. Got me tuned in though...