How Many Should I Grow??

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by greethumbumm, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Actually in an EnF table I ALWAYS run 16 plants per 4x4 on my first run of a strain. Flower them at 12-15" tall. Do not top or train. You want to see how the strain grows naturally so you can improve the next run.

Here is 16 plants, 1 per sq. ft. flowered at 12" (not EnF, this is my mini KFB set up) These are multiple strains, however they grow quite similar as far as fert requirements and flower times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just my 2 copper pieces...

2. Serenity420

Serenity420 Begun Flowering

nice grow useless :thumbs-up: very impressive , i wish i had the room for a larger grow, right now i just have one very bushy aussie blue in flower , in a closet DWC setup shes looking very good so far , but i think im just gonna run fem seeds and only 2 at a time any ways cant wait to :passsit:her :) any one ever had aussie blue before ?

3. hydtrorookie

hydtrorookie Developed Alternating Nodes

fans size cooling

i use air cooled hoods all in line and all are 600w.

might i suggest that if you do use air cooled run a 6" can fan.

Good location and make are the C.A.P. CAN FAN (valueline 6" can fan)

Cost 89.95 Possible location to get (www.growurks.com).

This will assist in your heat issue as that will be your biggest problem. If you have ability to get fresh air to feed the fan it is better.

I would do between 9 and 12 plants total. keep them pruned will allow the higher count on the kids

4. greethumbumm

greethumbumm Developed Alternating Nodes

thats exactly what i have hydtrorookie C.A.P Valuline 6"! i like it. it vibrates alot more than better ones IMO, especially when used with a controller and turned down. but it works great and was dirt cheap brand new!

5. greethumbumm

So i took everyones advice. i went with 9 clones in a 3'x3' area. i'll spread them out up to 4'x4'. hung up some plastic i had layin around. this pic was taken a couple days ago and is what i am gettin ready to flower in a few weeks when they are 12"-18". i am also framing a better area and makin sum DWC's for my next grow, but thats for another thread. thanx for the advice from everyone!

[​IMG]

Closer-up

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of the mother to all these clones in a hydro tub.

[​IMG]

6. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

is this GTD? Or are you another greenthumb?

Grow looks excellent man :bigok:

If you need more ventilation pull your dryer vent tight...loose like that is actually very restrictive due to the turbulence created by the ripples in the material. Bbest to do would be pipe it in hard pipe using swing joints for any spots that need to be flexible. 30 ga pipe and fittings are cheap as fuck. But then I'm a nerd like that.

Stoney balony! :pimp:

7. greethumbumm

thanx man, i appreciate that! :thumbs-up: and thanx for the vent tip. No, in not GTD, im pretty new on here.

8. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Id have gone with 1 plant per square foot and just let them grow. Flower at at about 15 inchs.

9. greethumbumm

i wanted to, but im still new at this. im workin my way towards 1per/sqft. then Scrog.

10. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Not sure if Scrog would be necessary. If you want to spend the time just lst all the plants. I find it easier than fucking around with a screen.

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I know hes over at 420genetics and on THCfarmer

12. greethumbumm

i am working with limited vertical space (6.5' total!), so i figured SCrog would help me with that. im new at this, so im at that stage where i want to try it all just once. lol

13. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Fair enough, but lst'ing the plants will do the same thing but is easier.

14. greethumbumm

i like the sound of easier, but what exactly is "lst'ing"?

P.S. "thinks evilskuzzi is the best mod ever" :rofl6: when did you do that?:roffl: i just noticed.:roll:

15. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Low Stress Training = LST'ing

Bending the plant basically . . . :F-A-Q: There's alot of info here on :GK: relating to LST'ing.

Here's a link to a search result for "Low Stress Training" . . . http://www.growkind.com/forum/search.php?searchid=343886

Hope this was alittle help. :)

16. greethumbumm

thanx rocky, i was sittin here for like 10 minutes thinkin what the hell that could stand for.:roffl:

17. greethumbumm

checked out the FAQ. never been a B.T.K kinda guy:roffl: , but LST it is then Skuzzi! thanx.

18. greethumbumm

im way to inexperienced to try it with this grow, but i am gonna mess with it and see how it goes for the near future.

19. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Im doing my fifth grow...each grow a diff strain. It's amazing how different each strain is! Some tend to naturally be single cola...others naturally make lotsa branches and colas. So far, I MUCH prefer the single cola strains...which I top at around a month or so to force a DOUBLE cola. I use a 600 HPS and put six to nine planys inder it.

One thing I do diff than most, I guess, is I use plastic, one gal food storage containers from Walmart, drill a hole about three inches from the bottom and go "Hempy", using perlite instead of soil.

My very first grow was soil...but NO MORE! Check out the HEMPY style before dropping a bunch of bucks on fancy soil.

This current grow Im doing is BC Juicy Fruit and I vegged it a bit longer than the previous grows....making the plants about 15 inches tall when I went into 12/12. So....natch, this strain turned out to be one that "stretches" and my plants are now in the fifth week of flowering, at about 2 feet. Good grief!

So...they're kinda crammed in there...plus, I did trim to single and double colas, just to get them all fit in.

You're gonna learn a LOT doing your first grow. If you're using soil or Hempy, from seed and want to make sure you end up with nine girls, you'll have to put 12-15 plants under the light until they show gender, around day 12-16. Then, take out yer boys.

Let us know how ya do!

20. greethumbumm

i had sum PH problems that lead to nute-lockout, but they're bouncing back well (thanx 4 tha help Crete). i topped 5 already, 1 more to go. im not topping the middle 3. another week or two and its time for the switch.

[​IMG]