How soon can you make BHO

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by friendlyfarmer, Aug 5, 2014.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

damn that thing's fancy res. has a digital temp display

I have the $9.95 george foreman griddle with a dial temp setting, lowest being 150 F.

GIT it's been hot and humid here too, and sometimes I do get a drop er two in there but that was when I was using a warm water bath to do the initial purge. Now I don't use a hot water bath at all, but shoot the butane right into the pyrex pan, then move it to the griddle. And if you keep the pan warm like res said the condensation while the cold butane boils off should remain at a minimum.

3. dowork123

dowork123 Delaying gratification!

I think that freezing with dry ice then immediately moving it to a tube with a dry ice sleeve is the best way to lock the water up. This should help keep condensation from forming on the buds as you move them from a dry ice chest to the tube. I wonder if the buds would be so brittle from the dry ice that they would turn to dust anyway? Now i'm getting excited lol!

4. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

The day after harvest worked good for me last night. Fresh, roughly trimmed bud produced some golden creamy looking wax. I also worked it on a electric griddle. Some of the best wax that I have made

5. dowork123

dowork123 Delaying gratification!

I am gonna single solvent dewax and make shatter :)

6. friendlyfarmer

Hey man - about the soak method -

How long can you soak it before the butane evaporates out the vent holes? Is it a longer the better type thing? Also during the soak I assume all fire precautions apply that otherwise would during the actual blast and then initial boil-off in regular BHO making, right? I mean so long as there is liquid butane exposed to the world...

How tight do you pack the thermos with weed? Does stirring help?

BBT if you're reading along, what oil press do you use? Any way to repurpose that thing to process large amounts of trim ala soak method?

7. friendlyfarmer

Oh never mind I just re-read Res's thread on the thermos bho method. Answers all my questions and then some.

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

FF- Hours. Depends on quality of the flask/thermos and ambient temp. Using a salt water/ice bath like in the thread gives a 2-3 hour soak without excessive loss of 'tane. If you're using a smaller or cheap thermos ymmv.

Yes....all normal precautions.