how to fold the corners of pvc liner

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Grown in Tx., Feb 2, 2014.

1. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

some people know how to and some don't, this is how I do it no cuts no glued seams

the 4'2x4'2 liner

[​IMG]

liner is laid in and centered in place

[​IMG]

fold the sides down square

[​IMG]

stand up both sides with the fold sticking out..... nosey little plant

[​IMG]

fold over to one side and pin to the side AT THE TOP

[​IMG]

trim off excess and tack the sides up high you don't want any holes below the water line

[​IMG]

there you have it a water tight liner for a F&D table.

now to add the plumbing

I used a 1 inch bit to make my holes in the 1/4inch plywood. this fits 3/4 male threads perfectly so that you have to screw the male adapter or nipple into it.

[​IMG]

cut a small x in the liner inside the hole in the plywood, not bigger than the hole.

[​IMG]

I used a 3/4 pvc male adapter with a rubber washer

[​IMG]

put some silicon around the threads and washer

[​IMG]

and screwed it in. you just have to get it hand tight plus a 1/2 turn or so after the silicon sets up it is pretty rigid.

[​IMG]

for the water inlet I put some silicon on the threads of a 3/4 nipple and screwed it in through the bottom of the tray. I gently tapped liner with a hammer around the top edge of the nipple to get a tight hole.

[​IMG]

put a bead of silicon around the threads, put the rubber washer over that, an electricians nut to tighten it all down and cover it all with more silicon. be sure to work it in o any small holes or gaps if you see any

[​IMG]

let that sit up over night and hook it up to your res

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I did not know how to do this. Thanks for posting this up :thumbs-up:

:passsit:

3. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

you can fold the corners to the inside, just fold the sides up accordingly and keep the flap between the liner and the side. it doesn't really matter in this situation inside or out but it was easier to demonstrate on the outside

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014