Hydrogen Peroxide

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by gizmo_barks, Sep 2, 2015.

1. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I'm looking for information about hydrogen peroxide. I live in the Northwest, and we get a lot of pm issues here. I heard that hydrogen peroxide works well on growing buds up to harvest. How often can I use it. Anyone with experience with this?

Thanks

G_B

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

It's a great fungicide Giz. Use it at 3% straight from the pharmacy or dilute it to half strength if you're worried. I use a small pump sprayer. Used it on lots more than cannabis with damn good results every time.

I soak the entire plant being careful not to overspray onto the soil btw.

3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

So what does using this on the plants cover, whats the main use? So 3% not 30% correct?

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

When used as a foliar spray H2O2 is effective against any mold, fungus, or mildew. H2O2 can be repeated as often as needed and used right up to harvest. I use 3% from the pharmacy. A lot of charts show mix rates of 1/2 cup 3% H2O2 per gallon of H2O. I use a 50/50 mix, or full strength, 3% H2O2 on everything from tomatoes and lilies to shrubs and cannabis with no ill effects. If more than one treatment is expected go with the diluted strength.

5. Justcheckingitout

I will add this to my book of tips and tricks.

6. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I spray it undiluted right on the stems when i get stem rot, i do it every day. The plants would die without it.

7. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Thanks RR

Sorry for the late reply my friend. I used it, and it works great. I dilute it 3 part water to 1 part H2O2. I needed to spray it a few days, but it did work. I may try higher doses in the future.

I used a spray bottle and spot sprayed them. It seemed to slow it or stop the problem, depending on the humidity.

Thanks RR

peace

G_B

8. Justcheckingitout

Is the h2o2 effective for any pest also if used as a spay?

9. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I hear the undiluted 3% will kill leaf aphids but dont know for sure, if it works for them it may work for root aphids to if it wouldnt hurt the plant by watering with it. Again not sure on that either but i will give it a try on the leaf aphids today if i remember to get it on my way there.