HYGROZYME... ever use it???

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Bigbud214, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

hello all,

the guy at my hydro store has been suggesting i add Hygrozyme to my regular watering... he said it helps plants handle stress and provides them with enzymes and amino acids and should use it throughout all stages of growth ending before final flush... he said he adds it to every single watering and swears by it... anyone hae any suggestions on this... the bottle and the website dont offer much info... please send any feed back my way... thanks in advance

2. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

i use it good shit

It eat dead root castings also ariates the soil. When in done harvesting my container is about a gallon and a half lower than at the start of flower when I top dress full of soil. Before it was a half a gallon most of it due to settling. And now I use so much less fertilizer. :thumbs-up:

3. Bigbud214

MtK

how do you use it... the hydro guy says he uses it in every watering whether its feeding or just a watering... says he goes 10 ml per gal h20...

he also says it drastically reduces his ph... before i spend $22 on a bottle i want more info than they gut selling it can give me lol

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

It's an enzymatic that aids in the breakdown of organic matter in the soil. Never used it but it's safe for a living soil and mycco. If you want to try it go ahead. When I think about it, Hygrozyme should work well in conjunction with an emulsion feeding routine.

5. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

One of he things I have learned so far about nutes is to keep it simple and follow the directions for the stuff you are using. I used to grow outdoors years ago and to me here is no comparison. Indoors is difficult the first time. Problems seem to appear overnight, however, they usually have been brewing for some time, especially if growing in soil type media. Once you see the issue, figure out what it really is and react, it will take some time to see if your remedy worked. For these reasons I can't stress it enough, pick a nute schedule/regimen and follow it, don't go willy nilly for every recommendation you hear about nutes. Good luck and groze um big!

6. Bigbud214

awesome RR

As always Thank You my friend... you are always there to help me along... the guy swears by it says its teh one product he ABSOLUTELY endorses... i mean this guy was like wow nice simple nute you are running... should give you great results no need to add a bunch of stuff... then he says wait i do use this and he showed me the hygrozyme... told him i had to do a lil research a.k.a. ask my GK friends what they think lol...

i will give it a shot...

7. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

hygrozyme is an enzyme not a nute.

I dont list it in my feed schedule because it not food it makes it available

ENZYMES THAT BREAK DOWN DEAD ORGANIC MATER MAKING IT AVAILABLE AS NUTRITION ALSO WORKS IN HYDRO IF USED CORRECTLY. LIKE IF YOU DO GET ROOT ROT IT EATS DEAD ROOTS. ALSO EATS THEM BEFORE THEY ROT :thumbs-up:

8. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

That is one of the points I was trying to make I guess...If you don't know what it is then don't use it. Is the stuff you're referring to similar to humic or fulvic acid?

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

From what I read it should be similar in action to fulvic acid.

10. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I read about Hygrozyme in an indoor grow magazine. It sounds like a useful product, I may get some and give it a try in my soil plants.

11. Bigbud214

from what ive learned about the product it is a "cleaner" type prduct that breaks down dead matter and makes it available as nutrients for the plants... it also increases nute uptake which cant be a bad thing... so for soil users it just breaks down any dead matter and helps the plants uptake nutes... in hydro gardens it also braks down any dead matter in the grow medium which is good in case you didnt get the grow medium 100% clean from previous grows... also it helps keep the entire system clean and free of bad things... also keeps the resevoirs clear and stable to temp fluctuations... i feel confident that this is a beneficial product and will be adding it to my very simple nute scedule...

12. gerbil

gerbil Germinating

You can make your own "hygrozyme" for next to nothing. I use a process thats similar to this one http://bokashicomposting.com/?page_id=51 , if you'd rather not mess with it buy some EM-1 its cheaper and probably better

13. Bigbud214

Hey Gerbil thanks for the link,

i will look into it and see what its all about... i bought a bottle of Hygrozyme and it will last me quite a long time... seeinging im only using 10 ml/ gal... and only have 5 plants it will get me through several grow cycles... i can definately see my soil "settling" and i think its from the enzymes breaking down organic matter in the soil.