I am having a kid

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by nuggnester, Jun 23, 2014.

1. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

In December. 27 years old...successful restaurant. No money. Could be worse I guess. Kid is going to be LOVED.

I am worried about insurance. Not married but have been together 8 years. Our insurance is catastrophic coverage and I cannot get new insurance (thanks Obama) until November. I am considering getting a justice of the peace, which qualifies as a "life event", so I can up and get a better policy. Fucking Healthcare in this country is atrocious.

Probably going to sell all my gear. I guess I am going LED when/if you guys ever hear from me again. I'm sure I will pop my head in...but being on the EC I will mever put up lights while I have my kid. Bummer. I invested SO MUCH into this hobby the last 7 years.

2. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Congrats man! This is just the first of many sacrifices in your parenting venture. My youngest is now 19 and on her own.

3. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

congrats man...you'll be back

did the same and came back

but congratulations!!!!

4. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Congrats!!! I would think having a kid would allow you to up your coverage. Also, if you have no money and plan on smoking, you'll be growing. Just be careful. Even if you don't, don't be stranger. You don't have to be actively growing to be here.

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Hey nuggs, congratulations! When your ready to come back, we'll leave the light on for you. :bong-2:

6. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Congrats dude!!! It's hard but, try not to sweet it all in one day. Everything will work out in time. Now your life has a purpose, enjoy it!!

Be Cool, CG

7. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

congrats, Nug ! Kids are great. We raised four and would do it all over

again.

maybe a micro grow ?

BBT

8. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Congrats, Nugg!

9. nippie

btw, I'm licensed minister in my state :D

do one last big grow, then settle down. Babies are work, so is the end of a pregnancy...get you a good supply of personal and chill.

happy for you, work hard to make sure things turn out well. love my kids more than anything...it changes you a bit

but you'll be back and we expect baby pix!!

10. Psycho D

Psycho D LEE VAN SPLEEF

Congrats Nugg!

:wav::wav:

11. nuggnester

I am strictly worried about having my child take away from me. Only reason I am not growing. No way I'd risk that.

Thanks so much guys. I will be around. Don't worry :dink:

12. nippie

different house...was in the same boat and changed it

sometimes you can find someone like minded. tables and you're only there once a week

easy

congrats, kids way more important though. spoil them

13. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

That's way cool man, Congrats! Remember, changing your own kids diaper is not that bad. You will feel happy changing that poopy diaper and making sure your kid is nice and clean, you will find your self checking on the baby every min when they are sleeping to make sure everything is ok. Getting puked on is yucky so make sure you are not playing with the baby over your head right after they eat. Right after your baby is born and you hold the little one for the first time you will probably cry the happiest tears you ever had. Nothing else will matter in your life from that moment on than that little baby.

OH and remember when you take the baby out, everyone will want to come up and touch the baby, don't let strangers touch your baby, always make sure everyone uses hand sanitizer before touching baby.

Ok, I could keep going.....:coolbounce:

14. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

DO NOT NOT NOT!!!!!!!! get married...

buy a ring but don't get married!

stay un married and the state will cover your lady and the kid with the best insurance the state has, which is better than what you could

EVER afford

but congrats on the kid, best thing that will ever happen to you

15. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

cool cool Nugg.:pimp: You're in for the ride of you're life.

16. nuggnester

cc- do explain about the insurance...?

17. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

We are married and my wife and son still got state insurance, even with my wife making the nice salary she was getting.

Enjoy it. Best part of life.

18. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah, the state where I am does a pretty good job of making sure the kids are taken care of health wise. Good luck!!

Be Cool, CG

19. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

i make over 80k on paper a year and my family would not be eligiable for state ins if we were married (private, out of my pocket they would @ about $1,200month), buuut since we're NOT...she applied for state ins. for her and the 2 kids...got the best coveragages the country offers with ZERO co-pay for any and everything, then there's ME...I pay about $400 a month and got semi ok coverage but higher co-pays. That's just MY situation but the kids get the best of the best as far as health coverage till they're 25 as long as they're in school.

Buck the system as long as its an option...theres so many scumbags out there that get way better treatment than my family or yours, I feel zero guilt for anything like this situation, I just had to put my ego in the backseat and put common sense in the drivers seat, ya know!??!

And on the marriage thing...Id LOVE for someone to let me in on the secret of the reason behind it, from my eyes and educations...its a religious ritual that's gotten incredibly out of line and the meaning is out of control....meanwhile, it literally a piece of paper that says, Legally, mine is yours and yours is mine, then if shit goes awry...its all hers somehow.. if you let/have her raise the child at home, all the while the man/father is busting his ass and missing a lot of the awesome events on a daily basis but its also his gift to her and the kid(s) and he ends up getting konked over the head in the long run IF it goes wrong between the parents.... THANKS RELIGION!!!

I love my lady and she loves me but we're both realists and have agreed to just be best friends and great parents together, that's all you need....we basically both believe in each others position in our lives, which has built total trust and respect for each other....marriage is religious sponsored bullshit

other than that, bang the system for all its worth, in business, family and general life! as long as you work hard and take care of your family, it all lines up in the end and youll be way happier as a result....ask a divorced guy, then ask him what he lost as a result of "marriage":roffl:

20. nippie

man...I kinda agree with CC cause I also say fuck the man and get what you can....but at the same time look at LL.

Being married and having a family is the best thing I ever did...totally would be in prison if it wasn't for my wife, lol....but family life is good

Do what's best for you, explore all options then make your choice. A ring on the finger means a lot, it really does