I Give Up!!!

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by GeoKitty, Jun 28, 2009.

1. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Sending you some good vibes your way. I'll keep my teeth crossed for you:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: . Now your going to tell us all about this new job when you get it right-Bud

2. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

3. the_red_bull

the_red_bull Guest

Geo I'll tell you what hon, I was homeless for a year out here in the city. I won't say it's easy or fun, but it certainly can be if you do it right. Just a few rules, when you live outside you're always home...nomatter where you are. Bathe and shower OFTEN, I can't stress this enough, businesses don't like loitering and when you're out and moving around 16 hours a day you get this combination of sweat and road dust on you that builds up to a black film. Keep your head about you, even now, you might have some options that haven't come to mind just yet. And finally, talk it up candidly with your people, you have more friends than you think and you'd be surprised at the help you can get.

4. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

update?

So how are you doing now, Geo?

5. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

I'm working my ass off, trying to dig my way outta this financial shit hole....and move outta this Spider Dungeon!! I was almost ready to move out after this payday, but now the house owner, Tom, is not bringin' in any money...re: Not Working! He also hasn't been paying any bills while he was working, too busy partying!....so now all the utilities are getting shut off around here.....up to me now to cover parts of those bills! They're all over $500/$600 dollars! Months and months behind!! There goes my first real paycheck that I get today! Stuck here another two weeks, need electricity & water!! I cannot pay them all off though, I don't make that much money!!

On a Happy Note:

Work is going well, I like my co-workers & boss! I have fun on the job, it's hard, but easy work! Like makin' pizza & chicken nuggets, little cups of applesauce!! Only it's 300 little cups of applesauce, 47 full sheet pans of chicken nuggets...125 per sheet pan! 68 Pepperoni & 37 Cheese Pizzas!! 68 French Dip Sammies! 100 Baked Potatoes! All in ONE day!

You get the idea! My boss says I can come in to bake sweets anytime I'd like to, so I was thinking of doing some real baking for a change, sell some treats....too bad I can't sell some 420 baked treats!! No Waaaayyyyyy!

But, I do sweet little cupcakes, scones, desserts, etc....and Doggie & Kitty Treats too! I still have a lot of supplies to make some quick cash with pet treats! "PupCakes" organic, all natural dog treats!

Soon, I'll be able to find a little place of my own!!

Cross Yer Fingers!!

Thanks for checking on me!!

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

At least you have options now darlin. Better than a few weeks ago. Kudos for doing the right thing and helping Tom out...one good turn and all that jive. It may sound mercenary, but don't let him get you in over yer head.

Way cool that you have access for real baking.:thumbsup:

cheers,

7. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

^^^What RR said ^^^^^

You have a good heart and this will surely make you good karma for helping him out but like RR stated, don't let him take all your hard earned savings as you want your own place soon. :)

Glad you like the new job and it is awesome he will let you utilize the kitchen to make goodies and treats. :) Halloween is around the corner, sure pumkin cookies will sell for the little ones. My kids always wanted those.. :)

Love ya sis ~mermaid

8. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

It's examples such as this that remind me that...

"This too shall pass"

Good to hear things are looking up for you Geo. :ebert: Enjoy the good times while they're here, for life will always take us to and fro.

:bongin:

9. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Hey glad you like your job,workers,& boss. Thats a good thing helping out Tom your a real sweetheart-Bud

10. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Thanks to All!!

*Kisses*

11. ScottyG420

attitude

Damn. I read this thread and it seems like you've kept your head up even when shit was crumbling all around you. You're obviously a hard worker and I give you so much respect for keeping your wheels turning. I know people who would have just said "Fuck it" and crawled inside of a bottle and stayed there til they drowned. Tough times don't last. Tough people do. Much love, respect and good mojo I'm sending your way. I know we dont know each other or anything, but ever since I spotted this thread, I've thought about you every day. Your determination and perseverance are nothing short of remarkable. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Administrator likes this.
  12. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Dude!!!

Aren't you a Sweetheart?!!

Thank You Very Much!!

Honestly, there were days in this basement that I didn't go anywhere....just sat down here and cried, and cried....cursed my stupid Ex & wished him dead!!! I wanted to crawl into a bottle, I just didn't have that luxury...or rather the funds to support it! But, I've always been a survivor!!

Most importantly....I can laugh!!

Thanks again for being sweet!

13. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I think I'm gonna use that one for a while.....I like it! :ebert:

14. ScottyG420

right back at 'cha

heh heh...I have my moments.

It sounds like you're not afraid to feel and experience you feelings, be they crying or laughing. That is genuine BRAVERY. You're meeting this head-on, you're not running from it. I must remember this in order to give in the same measure that I have received. Good on you. You cant stuff those feelings down or they'll manifest themselves in some other, really fucked up way.

It is I who thanks YOU!

Sparky, feel free to use that phrase any time. You don't even have to quote me on it. Go ahead and claim it as your own. :laughing1: :fly:

15. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

She is a total sweetheart......hard worker and above all a frd to all.

Love your post as well>>>Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Wise words......right now they ring true to me in more ways then one.:thumbsup:

16. ScottyG420

thread title?

Hi Geo. It's interesting that you titled this thread "I Give Up", considering that you haven't....ya know...you haven't given up. Keep your wheels turnin!

:passit:

17. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

Oh, My wheels have been turnin'......trouble is, my 'transmission' keeps slippin'!!!!

18. ScottyG420

mechanical metaphors

:laughing1: Somehow you strike me as the sort who's not afraid to jam that fucking clutch and grind-it-til-ya-find-it!

Seriously, I hope you are well and I still think about you every day. I'll just be doing something or whatever and I'll be like "I wonder how she's doing." I'll prolly always think about you, cuz you posting this thread and talking about what's been goin on with you, and opening up so much and revealing your own vulnerabilities, you've had a very a meaningful impact on my own life.

Specifically, in the Smokers Lounge I've had this thread goin called "dopesick" about how I've been kicking opiates. YOU (among many others 'round GK) have really given me some serious fucking inspiration and motivation to just grind through that shit. THANK YOU

Geo, be good to yourself in any little way you can, whenever you can cuz you deserve it. I do hope you know that.

19. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

HMMMMmmmmMMmm....sound likeyou need a check up? Mr. Goodwrench...at yer service .

20. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Geo Sis>>>in other words he wishes to play doctor with you too. Hey get in touch with your inner child you two :) Maybe all adults should play mechanic, doctor and such to spice things up. Wrestling too :thumbsup: