I got milky trics

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by mingingbollocks, Apr 25, 2003.

1. mingingbollocks

mingingbollocks Developed Alternating Nodes

so GrowKinders how you all doing? Me i feel fantastic, because of your help and encouragement i very nearly have some Kindbud, lots and lots of it lol,seriously though BIG FAT DOOBIES ON ME, couldnt of got here without you, right enough ass licking to business.

I am at day 1 of wk 8 of flowering, flushed and awaiting the end, but i got loads-90% of the trics under my 30x scope looking very milky, no amber yet so going to give em another wk at least and keep em under my scope, but the hairs are only like 30% brown, new growth is slowing, so i was thinking that i want to take maybe half the buds off over this next wk a day at a time to get some comparison between early and late- will this be ok, wont stress them too much, should i just take the heavy bud from top or take off the whole branch?
    What do you guys think and do?
    Cheers again people GROWKIND is the dogs bollocks.....

2. JungleHed

JungleHed Guest

man this is just my opinion but I think you should just stick to the trusty rule and wait till at very least 50% of hairs are brown and there are some amber tips on the triches...good luck though man

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Ming it is all up to you man. I have done everything imaginable when it comes to harvest. You'll never know until you experiment. I look for the buds to change their hue (color). In time you can see it starting at the top and moving down. Can't explain it anymore than that.....They just look 'ripe' and ready to eat!

4. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Its good that the trikes are not amber. If they turn amber they degraded seriously in THC content. Get em before they turn to amber. But, you do still have time. If only 30% of the hairs are brown give it some more time.
    Also, you don't necessarily (sp) have to hack it all down at once. Harvest each individual bud when you feel it is ready. That way you get the best out of every nuggett.

5. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Just the other day someone was asking me about harvesting part of the plant while the trichomes we just start to turn cloudy and the rest a week or so later. My initial thought was that it would be too stressful but I guess when you're that close to the end not much is going to happen.

Useless's answer makes this one worth a bump:passsit:

Duc

6. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I do this a lot, not to get the best out of every bud tho. Mostly just because I run out of cutting time and I only chop off branches as I go. I hate having them chopped and then not be able to trim them up till the next day.

7. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Damn. Talk about digging up the dead.

8. mr_crazy_menace

mr_crazy_menace Germinating

From my experience I always wait until all the hairs are reddish/brown and its always tastey as fack and gets me really high and I smoke everyday. I have experimented with earlier times and it doesnt compare, let it go as long as you can.

9. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Personally I've not found this to be a very accurate method simply because some strains will show a fair amount of red/brownish hairs way before the trichomes have started to ripen. environmental conditions can come in to play here too so I find it best to just read the trichs and ignore the color of the hairs. To each his own though..:bong-2: