i made butter

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by Bigbud214, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

ok so i finally broke down and made some canna butter. i followed my friend Ras' method and just set my stove on the absolutely lowest setting and placed 1lb of unslated butter in a pot and added 1oz each of blueberry gum and shinning silver haze trim... plus a 1/4 oz of revape... i simmered this for 3 hrs...

[​IMG]

and after 3 hrs of a VERY SLOOOWWWWWW simmer

[​IMG]

i then strained the mixture through cheescloth and squeezed the crap out of it... i caught the melted infused butter in a platic bowl and set in fridge... heres what i got...

[​IMG]

so i then ad amazing dark and white chocochip cookies... and man they are amazing... taste outrageous and a small cookie gave me a nice high

2. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

How potent is the stuff? How much did you use in your cookies?

3. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

No wate? LOL...did it smell ip the whole house?

I use my Crock Pot, put in 4 sticks of butter, my trim AND then about 3 cups of water. I let it go all night on LOW, covered. I grt no smell in the house. Then I pour it off thru the cheesecloth into a big bowl and into the fridge. Once it gets cold, the butter floats to the top and I lift it off, then throw the water away.

Dix

4. Bigbud214

MG

the buter is uber potet and seeing i use 4 sticks of butter to 2 plus oz of trim its killer... i used more trim than was told to seeing i froze my trim when fresh so it was a lil haevier... the revape added a nice nutty flavor. to the butter... i used half the butter in the cookies as teh recipe called for 2 sticks...

Dix

the house smelled of sweet butter all day... not an MJ smell and seeing i didnt use water there was no need to pull off the butter

5. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Yum I wanna try that only I want to use two ounces of STRAIGHT BUD!

t6

6. Bigbud214

T6

there was mostly popcorn bud and the tiny crystal covered bud leavesin this batch.... sooooo yummy

7. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I've been going hash, butter, hash, butter all day. I finally decided I am going to make some bubble hash. I just ordered the bags on amazon.

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

:super: Awesome! :congrats: Enjoy your edibles. Personally I love a good edible. Problem I find is that half the people making ganja edibles are either a horrible baker or a horrible butter maker or both....They just plain old don't know what they're doing. I actually got a brownie from a medicinal marijuana delivery service once that did absolutely nothing. You'll definitely enjoy your edibles..Your butter looks great!:good job:

9. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

that's cool, i'm envious! when i made mine, i almost vomited from the smell. so gross! idk if i'll make butter again, it really did gag me out.

T6 rub it in that you're so dripping with buds you can toss 2 oz of dankness into a vat of butter! :p

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

10. buzyone11

buzyone11 Germinating

WOW....that canna butter looks amazing!!!! Looks like you got a lot out of it :) I just recently became a Medical MJ patient (thanks to the helpful guys over at cannabis card and marijuana doctor) and I have been making my own oil...but I have never made butter. I think I may now LOL....I have one question though....how much butter would you say was in your 1 cookie that you ate?

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

ROFL.......how in the world is he guna figure that out?

I mean seriously?

12. Bigbud214

ummmmm my recipe is for 1 cup of softened butter... thats 2 sticks.... I always use about 1oz of trim for 2 sticks butter plus a lil more seeing you will loose some in the straining process. I usually get 36-40 cookies per batch.... so thats as far as I go with figuring per cookie butter content lol

13. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

I wish I could make cookies (or do any baking for that matter). I haven't had an oven in 11 years.

That cannabutter looked great, though!

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Haha We don't have an oven at the moment either... going on about 5 years now. We bake in a countertop Toaster/Oven! :bduh::roffl: Entire batches of Medicinal cookies get cranked outta that little Toaster Oven.

15. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Sweet. I'll have to try that. I've got some toaster ovens. :coool:

Edit: I've never had edibles at all. My Pakistani friend was talking about wanting to make some bhang, but we haven't done that either.

I'll have to get an electric burner and do it in my workshop w/ the toaster oven.

16. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

:coool: Update us on your results. :new_blackey::passsit:

17. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

How do u guys eat/cook?

18. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

What do you mean?

19. dowork123

dowork123 Delaying gratification!

Melt in shot glass in the microwave then swallow...I refuse to eat that shit in food or cookies anymore lol. I mean if it's done super well, sure. But I do not make a quality butter for food items....so I drink it as fast as possible with a chaser.

20. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Gross. I make delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies.:passsit: