I took the plunge

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Midnight Garden, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

And got a flood table today! Off to read the faq's now, but if anyone wants to chime in with your experience then sound off please.

2. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

they work

3. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

I run a flood table and love iy. Im finishing my tnird run since switchinb from soil. Still sort of a hydro novice so I dont have much adice other than dont over feed. Youll get huge yields if you do it right.

4. CCrete

the growth n health n ease of use are impossible to compare to any other system, hands down

The mother of all Ebb n Flow is the Ebb n GROW systems, if you want HIGH yields and major poundage, run that thing, its a must for quantity growers.......your going to need some room andsome firepower but gooooodamn do they produce

SMARMY was just here and he ran a homebuilt one.....got 9.5lbs off 4 pre 98 BUBBA KUSH plants.....just sayin

5. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I just fainted. And now my head hurts. It landed on my keyboard. 9.5!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to be able to get my hands on a table. Not to do it SMARMY's way, but to do it in the "normal" flood way.

Good luck MG! :thumbsup: I'll be watching closely.

6. Midnight Garden

What size pump should I use for a 3x3 table (I'm thinking 250gph)? What size should the flood and drain lines be (I'm thinking 3/4 inch fill, 1/2 inch drain)? How full should the table be flooded to (I'm thinking 1/3 of the way up)?

7. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Is that styrofoam where the roots will be?

8. Midnight Garden

Thanks ofo, how often do you flood the table? And what jr said, is that styrofoam?

9. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

:thumbsup:

do this shit so I can copy you,:coolbounce::roffl:

Bought a couple tables a few weeks ago, still haven't made the change. I'm ready to that's for sure, still trying to figure out my change over without messing a beat if you know what I mean.

10. Midnight Garden

That's one of the things jamming me up atm, I need to harvest my kf and then re arrange my lights, build the table stand and res, but I am doing this and that's a fact jack!

11. Midnight Garden

Yeah, I was wondering about the table draining all the way. What stage are your plants in? You don't water during lights out? And what nutes are you using? I want to run the useless formula but my thing is this...Lets say I have a 40 gallon res and mix my nutes accordingly. So now I flood the table and I am assuming that the plants will eat and drink and change the ppm of the mix. How do I keep the ppm at the optimum range? I know I need to add back a water and nute mix, but how do you figure the correct ratio? I've heard others say that they only change the res out once or twice during the entire grow. Well, if you run the useless formula it calls for feed, feed water. Is this what you are doing?

12. nippie

I'm with you, take pics if you can. What's your plan, to replace hempys with tables as the lights become open? Are you using clones, or rinsing off some hempy girls?

13. nippie

Ofo, that sounds like it would perfect for me!!!

Let me know if you have issues with the perlite coming out and clogging anything. I was worried about this and trying to figure a work around without having a veg table or cloner that I don't need

14. Midnight Garden

Ofo's transplant plan is kind of what I am going to do. I have some cheese quake re vegging in solo hempy cups atm, I was going to pull them out of the hempy cups, wash off the perlite and then transfer them to net pots with hydrotron in them. Like you nippie, I am concerned with the perlite clogging shit up.

15. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Just wanted to throw my two cents in. I clone in rockwool cubes and once the roots are 4-5 inches I plant the rockwool cube in a net pot full of hydroton. I hold the clone in the pot and carefully fill it with rinsed hydroton so the roots are at the bottom. I veg them under floro in a setup just like my flowering tent for a couple weeks or more. Them when I'm ready to flower I just move the pots to the other table under hps. I flood for 15 minutes every three hours lights on or off. Might not be text book but it works great for me. I posted some pictures in the hydro forum a few months ago. Bla bla rambling :)

16. Midnight Garden

How are you guys dealing with this....?

"Lets say I have a 40 gallon res and mix my nutes accordingly. So now I flood the table and I am assuming that the plants will eat and drink and change the ppm of the mix. How do I keep the ppm at the optimum range? I know I need to add back a water and nute mix, but how do you figure the correct ratio?"

17. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

I only check ppm when I fist mix it. Then its just ro water top offs and ph check. I change my res every friday night and add the nutrients the next day. That gives it a day of water only to flush a little.

18. CCrete

actually, i do pretty much what JR does

except i flood n drain every 4

19. Midnight Garden

20. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I wish I wasn't still in an apt. :BangHead: