id like to introduce myself....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sirrom11, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Sirrom11

Sirrom11 Germinated

hows it going guys? your guys site has been really helpful in my quest to start growing my own bud. i never have before so i know nothing about it but iafter reading your site i feel i know 100% more than i ever would have thought. but with that being said i still dont know enough. ill run you through my game plan and see what you guys think.

first im going to build a grow box exactly like this one.
    http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23935

but i have 2 questions. 1st: its being used as a Veg box for a mother plant. can it still be used for my whole process? i dont want to build multiple boxes to do the job if i dont have to. i dont know what im going to grow. probably just start with bag seeds. and probably only have 1-2 plants max.

my second question is: do i need a blower like the one they have or could i get away with a smaller (cheaper) one? i dont want to spen $150 on a lamp (400w HPS) and then go out and spend $100 on a fan. the lamp i can do but i just cant afford the fan. so any alternates would be great.

thanks in advance and keep up the good work!!!!

2. Dracslady

Dracslady Germinated

Welcome Sirrom11, I am a new list member also, and just about to start my first grow. I'll be using a AeroGarden and growing Lowryder 2 that I've ordered from Dr Chronic. Praying they arrive safely. Good luck with your grow box.

3. sensemilia

sensemilia noob

+1 guys :)

lucky session :)

4. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

:welcome: to GrowKind, Sirrom11 :suave:

5. smokinbasser

smokinbasser Veggy Stage

choices

Welcome to GK! IMO equipment for growing is not the place to be cheap. Generally speaking it is a case of you get what you pay for. The last thing you want or need is to have a component like your air circulation fan to die or worse like go out flaming. Actually 100 for a blower isn't too bad! you might consider putting several computer fans in/on your cabinet for heat extraction and air circulation,you can buy them somewhat inexpensively.

6. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Welcome...im sure you will have had a read through the GK FAQS?They got some priceless info in there,and as for all your other questions try using the GK SEARCH ENGINE to see if we already have these subjects covered from past posts...ENJOY:potleaf:

7. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Welcome and enjoy! :smoke2:

8. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

welcome

welcome to the club, Sirrom!!

Follow Mellowdoods directions and you'll do fine, my friend!

9. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I couldn't agree more. :ebert: IMO.....the lighting and ventilation go hand in hand...both equally important. If you run a big light...you need to vent that heat. Failure to do so will only lead to problems, and in the end...you'll end up putting the fan in regardless. Do it right the first time and spend the extra $. You'll thank yourself for it later I assure you. :smokin:

Welcome to GK. :wave: