I'm looking for Purist buddies

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Randy High, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

2. doc420

doc420 New Sprout

Organics is just the way to go, Best taste and odor for fruits and veggies that money can buy.

3. -=|[Chronnor]|=-

-=|[Chronnor]|=- Developed Alternating Nodes

Gotta love stoner moments, well consider me a purrist buddy I`ll never let any of my plants touch a chemical, and lately I have been purchasing all organic foods aswell, there is an organic cattle farm around here , if I ate ground beef that often, I would probably buy that over any grocery store beef, the stuff makes me sick..there was a study done with a rat who had a tumor..and when they injected beef hormones into the rat, the tumor got much larger..then when they took the hormones out again, it shrank..hmmm

4. Randy High

That's what I'm on about.

Lately I am believing bud flavor and smokability is directly related to the grow medium.

So my interest in now not only about providing the Majors , minors, trace and minerals but to use materials that influence quality.

----

Oh

And I have a few more in the thread "A nice photo?" thread in the gallery

5. StinkyBuds

StinkyBuds TooStonedToPost

Sign me up i dont compost ( only becouse i dont want a pile of steaming funky smelling shit in my yard :p ) But no chemicals will ever touch my ladies.

6. Randy High

It's all about sharing information.

But funky steaming piles are nice IMO... when it comes to compost that is.

--

Oh the basic thing is a living population of microorganisms.

They do the work of breaking down materials and interacting with the plants.

7. Jesus

Jesus Gathering Disciples

I compost. I've been fertilizing my plants every two weeks with a little compost tea (soak a wad of compost in water for about three days, then filter out the actual dirt with a coffee filter or something). I feel my first grow will be more productive than some experienced non-organic's. Maybe not in yeild (all I have are a pair of daylight flourescents), but in positive energy.

8. Randy High

Cool Jesus...

I've been thinking on a structured compost mix... Sort of a recipe to make compost.

Guess I would have to have it tested to be sure how the NPK turns out.

Stuff for a book I think.

But I did try a product this year called Crawfords micronized compost.

A very fine powder.

I added it in a feeding mix and in solution. Went through the sprayer just fine.

9. jimmy the lizard

jimmy the lizard Genius beginner!

isnt there some chemical nutrients available that you can use to do the things youre all talkin about instead of usin dead stuff for fertilizing, and soil???

jus kiddin

you guys care to go into detail about why you think organic is better for you so us chem fert guys can get an idea?

i found a couple of organic ferts that i like an im plannin to go all organic for my personal stuff. jus want to know pros an cons.

thanx

JTL

10. Randy High

Jim..

To me it's about working with a living system and developing skills by working with nature.

11. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

for me its yeilding sweeter better tasting nuggs with natures pure goodness of what everone one else despises of....which is waste. simple, easy to do and endless supply along with money invested and better ending results is what got it for me. and a better understanding of mother nature.

al la natural' for me - forever.

12. jimmy the lizard

what do you guys think about all organic in terms of yield? i know my personal stuff will taste better, and be better for me if its grown organically, but will it compete with my chem ferted crops which are grown in soil?

13. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

honestly i havent grown with a chem fert like MG in soil so i dont know. but i dont think it would be any better unless yer thinking of hydro, then growth is quicker if you get it dialed in.

14. Randy High

There are many variables in any indoor grow.

This year is the first time I harvested a plant to find the undergrowth ready to put on a second crop.

Mostly sucker shoots don't do much but here it is like a second wave.

So I'll let it go...

It's like shaving off a whole plant to find one underneath it.

Not a wimpy few branches but like a whole new plant so to speak

What you choose depends on what you have space and time for.

Myself I adore Organic growing and by that I mean the real living microorganisms kind of Organic soil.

The Undergrowth after a good harvest off the plant in the back.

I'll guess 1/4 to 1/2 ounce more dry maybe more.

It was pale green under there.

You can see in previous pictures growth was up to the light. In case someone is saying Naw that ain't what's left over after a harvest.

These buds have a while to go b4 harvest.

[​IMG]

15. jimmy the lizard

whaddya got celery growin in your garden randy? those stalks are FAT!

nice growin!

16. Randy High

Potassium early in veg for fat stalks.. I made a tea that I dried into a powder that had composted bananas in it.

I use that when my seedlings are on their third set of true leaves.

Don't forget minerals!

17. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Phhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

HAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHH Nice reply RANDY HIGH my mannnnnnnn!!!:punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

Pissing myself laughing at her POST, then your REPLY to it.....hahahahahah, LMFAO man, nice one bro....:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Peace n Resect,

UrBigBuddie.............:laughing5: :laughing5: :) :punk: :punk: :punk: Rockin my man!!! :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :punk:

18. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

Its called RE-VEGGING my friend!

Thats His >>> "LAST CROP TREE"(Grow my friend!) , my man, your seeing/looking at the Re-Vegging of an OLDER crop chopped tree of his!!! :)

He is Re-Vegging two Plants that i can see, that is why the stalks look sooo FAT as fuck my friend!!!lol Nothing More or ANYTHING else!!!:punk:

Plain ol re-vegging is what your seeing/looking at, and thats why the stalks are fat as hell too!

Peace Out,

UrBigBuddie.............:punk: :) :punk:

19. Randy High

Pardon

Pardon this contradiction.

I'm not re vegging.

The stalks are just not pulled out yet as I will do a root shoot when I do.. No need to stress or kill that one back left.

Till then UrBigBuddie... I cut off all the mature growth on the back plant.

I started 6 and three died that's why they are laid out like they are.. It was a tragic lesson learning start.

The growth that is left is still growing flowers.. Maturing.

The skinny one in the back left is a Bad girl I tried to start late but could only stretch to reach the light.

I just got the idea to bend that poor plant bad girl over and watch what she does...

20. -=|[Chronnor]|=-

-=|[Chronnor]|=- Developed Alternating Nodes

Another great thing I like about organics is for someone who is just starting to grow using a chem they could easily burn there plants by adding a little too much, where organics you can get away with it

Edit: this post was made without seeing the 2nd page