In Search of the Red Rooie Marie

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by teamster6, Nov 28, 2011.

1. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I haven't cured it for more than a few wks., but it does turn-out nicely. It's good to go as soon as it's dried.

I almost thought I lost it this last cloning, as the temps. were alittle chilly and they struggled!

2. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

The actual breeding of this strain is purple shaman x santa maria f7 x toxic blue (montrabel). I received these seeds from the breeder omni. I think this was one special cross with the toxic blue. I only received 5 of these seeds and only 2 germed. Here is what omni said
    25 % will turn red, 50% will have the smell from Santa Maria. It is a indica/sativa hybrid and will get 60cm when put directly on 12/12. But can also be grown in scrog. On soil your best grow her on 18/6 till she is 30cm and then turn the clock to 12/12 Grtz. omni.

I think the Kick it throws is from cee's f7 Santa maria see below

- Santa Maria, a variety of marijuana stemming from the Brazilian Amazon where it has been used in a spiritual context, is now available in the Netherlands. -

According to Cees this plant reveals unknown depths within the sexual experience. [​IMG]

While Santa Maria is not being used for spiritual purposes in the Netherlands, out of respect for the plant it's name has been changed to Planckā€¦

The distribution in Holland of the real Santa Maria clones was done by the former Highlife-magazine chief editor, Bernt Gundersen, because he was bringing his new "found" clones ( in fact he did steel them ! ) of a strain that is worldwide known by now,... to No Mercy Supply, to SpeesCees.

He waked me up 3.00 o'clock in the night because he didn't have a free light to place them.

And you better be sure, hahahaha.... I took care of a fast and free distribution after taking enough cuttings of them. (50% of the Coffeeshops in Holland have the name Santa Maria on their price-list).

No strain in the world became so famous in such a short time then the Santa Maria did. Strange effect... no seeds available, this plant was cloned for at least 18-20 years by now, and nobody knows the genetic background.

Because this is originally an outdoor plant, Planck should be cut vertically. If you don't do that, the plant continues to grow and eventually perishes under the weight of it's own buds, which cannot be supported by the skinny stalk. By cutting vertically they grow rather widespread; therefore put only nine plants on a square meter and twelve on a square meter of rockwool. Planck doesn't need a prolonged growing phase; on rockwool no more than three days, on soil five at most.

Flowering time is between eight and nine weeks, which is modest for a plant that is 2/3 Sativa and 1/3 Indica. The plant has few leaves which makes trimming and cleaning easy. It's potency resembles that of a Shiva, while the white layer on the leaves might be expected with an Indica. On the other hand, the effect is so high and releases so much energy, that actually it could not be compared to any of those. The taste is full of flowers and fruits, while the high seems to last forever.

Something about the yield. Being a topplant, quality is the main issue here. On the other hand, the yield, which should be somewhere between that of a White Widow and a Special, remains highly surprising.

At this moment...2007, there are already F7 Santa Maria seeds in the collection of No Mercy Supply, who came forwards out a Silver Pearl X Santa Maria and after hard selection brought back 7 times to the origional Stanta Maria clones. It is with the F6 and F7 version where people now days are growing out more then 1 gram per Watt ! You may find photo's at No Mercy Supply , but I will take care that I find somebody to place them here aswell.

Stay cool, high and take time to fly !

No Mercy Supply

[​IMG]

I kept four trays of these 78 plants first three trays are in the clone room

1 [​IMG]

2 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This fourth tray is in the grow room These were the last to be planted.

[​IMG]

Most were deficient as hell after sprouting. They are comming around nicely but I can tell you they are magesium freaks

[​IMG]

OUt of 78 plants I am not seeing many Pheno types I have only seen two. No idea how many breedings from the green might produce the red. I dont know if I believe it to be 25 % but even breeding green to green it should be hideing in there somewhere. There seems to be no differance in appearance between the straight rm and the rm x ah cross I did pretty weird.

[​IMG]

Cheers

Teamster6

3. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Aren't they a pretty plant?

4. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

so is that Santa Maria the same as the Rooie Marie sans Dutch languge and red phenotype?

5. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

No sw santa maria was one of the parents of the rooie marie.

t6

6. ShadowWarrior

ok that story threw me off

7. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

T6

in that last pic is one a RM and the other an accidental marie ? if so the one on the right looks more indica with fater fan leaves.

8. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

bb the one on the left is a rm and the right one is a rmah. out of the cross and the straight plants four trays these two are the only ones that show a notable differance. I am thinking most of the traits are comming from the santa maria. Its a f7 so I am thinking its dominant kind of like a ibl

t6

9. ShadowWarrior

I'm tarded, what's an IBL?

10. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

In bred line............pure strain
    t6

11. ShadowWarrior

Thanks T6. I need to learn more about ganja genetics and breeding.

I still don't know what exactly the fine differences are between things like Haze and Kush, or what's a Shiva, or so on and so forth. I really only know the differences between Indica and Sativa, Ruderalis etc..

12. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Hey rr put down the pipe and look up at your pm screen!!

t6

13. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Hey!!! I'm quietly stoned at the coffee shop on a nice Friday evening flirting with a rather comely lass at the next table and you want me to read the PM's of a crusty old rancher?

14. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

HHHHmmm maybe thats the reason your popping herms?? Get your mind out of the gutter and back to growing.:roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl:

Heads up guys some herms are showing up in the Res garden apparently comming from the straight cross rm seeds. He or we dont know if its genetic or stress related. As far as I know this is the first report and nobody doing the rm/ah cross has said anything.

To be on the safe side I am thinking of hitting mine with Reverse a couple of times until we find out wtf is going on.

t6

15. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Hey Crusty Old Rancher ( :lmao: )! Take your hands off the sheep for a min. and check your pm's :finger:

16. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Gotta clear the pipes once in a while.

Pretty good chance it's environmental. Second strain out of the new closet to show herm...the first was the DF pineapple express which I wrote off as being a freebie fem. Not so sure anymore.

This round is going in the tried and true fridge so we'll be able to rule out environ vs genetic. With the controls built into that thing there's no excuse.

17. hupla

hupla cooking dinner

got a pack from the breeder here

purple shaman x santa maria it says

anyone up for them??

HUps

18. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Oh hell yeah!! But I'm sure others want them too.

19. Toker2

Toker2 Looking at a hot ass

Damn Skimpy count me in:good job:

20. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

im always up for new beans lol.

So all 4 RMs, all 4 Mon Cheris, and 3/4 RMAH have sprouted and been planted in hempy cups. doing well all of them as tiny lil things.