induction lights tesla

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by nobogart, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

just started a grow with a couple 300watt induction 2700k these things rock!!!

bulb envelope stays cool enough to touch

ballast (actually a frequency generator 255khz) draws 1.2 amp at start and then drops under 1 amp yup thats right .9amp draw.

2 0f these 300 watters will out do a 1000watt hps and they are 95% efficient.

almost all the energy goes to light not heat.

i tell you it has finally arrived (discovered by tesla in the 1880`s) the hid replacement a true replacement.

what i am saving on ac alone will pay for them.

but the electric bill is gonna drop just from the lights.

now i just have to sell all of these 1000 watt electronic ballasts before the bottom drops out of the market. LOL

finally an affordable replacement for hid oh ya the bulb life at 12/12 is like 24 years.

only a 20% drop in lumen out put at 60,000 hours.

shop around you can get 300 watt bulb and ballast for just over 100.00 plus shipping.

but hey do your own research this is gonna be my path for sure.

2. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Are these the ones your talking about Nobogart? If so, they're a bit on the pricey side for a small fry like myself.

Fluorogrow 600W Induction Grow Light, Replaces 1000W HID

Product #: FG-FHB-3x200W-120-CORD6

[​IMG]Brand: FluorogrowDescription: A 600W Fluorogrow Induction Grow Light is capable of replacing 1000W Metal Halide or High Pressure Sodium grow lights. This highly energy efficient, Made in the USA, fixture has a 100,000 hour lamp life, and a 10 year Warranty. In comparison, a MH/HPS Grow Bulb lasts 8,000 hours, and a LED Bulb lasts for 50,000 hours. It's the new wave in growing Hydroponic plants greener and healthier, while saving energy and maintenance costs.

You will be absolutely amazed at the green, healthy plants grown under an Induction Grow Light. No more yellow leaves caused by the artificial light from MH, HPS and LED lamps! Check out the Image Links at the Bottom of the page to see for yourself. The Hydroponic plants look like they have been grown outdoors in full sun. Your plants don't have to wait to receive the proper spectrum to grow properly, induction grow lights give them the bright white spectrum of colors available in natural sunlight that plants crave every day.

Induction Grow Lighting Features:

• Total Cost shipped discreetly through a freight company to your front door is $1,249.95 Delivered!
    • Plants won't need to stretch to receive the light they need, growth will be tighter
    • Yield will be comparable to plants grown outdoors
    • Green, green healthy plants for your pleasure every day
    • Very little heat generated by induction grow lamps
    • Save up to 70% in energy costs over MH and HPS lamps
    • No "shifting" and weakening caused by escaping gas as HID and Fluorescent tubes do
    • No more deciding the perfect time to switch from MH to an HPS lamp, an Induction lamp does it all
    • Strike is basically instantaneous, with around 30 seconds to warm up
    • No electrodes or filaments inside lamp to burn out
    • Flickering is a thing of the past
    Specifications:

• One of the most dependable alternatives to standard linear Fluorescent Grow Lights, HID and LED Grow Lights
    • Three 200w 5000K Induction Lamps with 100,000 Life Span and 10 Year Warranty
    • Produces all the effective spectrums found in natural sunlight, which replaces both MH and HPS grow lamps
    • Light efficiency per watt is 4 times higher compared to LED grow lights
    • Light spectrum is more stable, and light decay is lower compared to LED, MH and HPS bulbs
    • Multi-Volt 120/277V UL Listed Grow Ballast with 5 year warranty
    • Discreet Growing with Low Temperature Operation
    • No Cooling Fans, No Noise
    • All Aluminum Housing will not rust and has excellent heat dissipation
    • 95% TR Enhanced Miro4 Aluminum Reflector for higher fixture efficiency
    • Riveted construction
    • Suitable for Damp Locations
    • 80 Lumens per Watt, for a total of 48,000 Lumens
    • 6' Cord with 120V Plug is Included
    • Aircraft Hanging Cables are Included
    • Dimensions are 48" L x 24" W x 11" H
    • No Assembly Required
    • Allow up to 2 weeks for shipment
    • Always discreet container and shipping
    Retail Price: $1,299.95 Price: $1249.95

Resources: Image(s):

Abundant Buds & Yield with Induction Grow lights

Dense Growth with Induction Grow Lights

Green & Healthy Plants Under Induction Grow Light

3. nobogart

no but that is a sweet light too but ouch it is pricey no i bought my samples from e-bay at 285.00 each.

i have since been in communication with the manufacturer and can get the exact same light for 157.20 each if i buy 10 or more. shipping is high now.

the manufacturer warned of buying larger than 300 watt as they are not proven.

the 500 watt and 600 watt bulbs are still very new and some of the 400 watt batches are unstable.

there is only one factory that makes these bulbs many make ballasts for them but only one makes bulbs it is in china.

i do not care who`s end product you buy there is currently only one factory in the world making the bulb envelopes.

the bulb is what costs you can get ballasts for cheap cheap.

the factory has the patent on the bulb.

and a lot of companies are making fixtures and using them.

check out the indragro par420 light for example wonderful light they still only have one place to get the bulb at the heart of it all.

look for retro kits as these can be fitted to any hood.

4. nobogart

here is a us supplier of the retro kits http://www.300wattinduction.com/

these run so cool they will not melt styrofoam, you could make a reflector from painted cardboard.

kelvin ratings from 2100k to 6500k.

i would recommend one 300 watt 2700k and one 300 watt 6500k thats what i am trying.

5. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

kelvin ratings and lumen output are only a small part of the total picture for excellent MJ results. The bread and butter of any light source is the spectral range of light. how closely des the induction lights spectrum match what the plants need? So im interested in what the spectrum chart shows. I mean a plasma light is the closest thing Ive seen to what the su produces. I do like the no heat part

6. nobogart

did you read my sig bro?:passsit:

plasma lights are great but 3 to 5 times more money.

plasma`s have a much shorter life, they also produce little heat.

7. Bigbud214

yeah bro i did and i still havent found a chart which shows the spectral range of those bulbs you are touting.

Any company can claim anything such as this and that PAR light. show me the chart which shows where this lights spectrums fall. I can say my specially designed LED flashlight has 98% par light too. that can mean anything at all. If these things were such a great option for growing and so cheap as you say. why havent they been utilized by more growers? Im skeptical seeing I havent found a single xource for these near $157 that you state. Cheapest ive found was $299 for 200W. Just leary as they do not seem to have a big following of growers using them that Ican find.

I wsh much luck with them. I hope they are the holy grail of lighting as you proclaim. Im all aboard an affordable, energy efficient, light.

edit yes plasma is EXPENSIVE but if I could Id add a small plasma just for the spectrum it would add. Id use it with my HPS.

8. nobogart

i could send you endless data and links to side by side grows but seeing for yourself is best.

my brother got one first and we checked it out with light meters.

you do know that nano-meters has a direct correlation to kelvin rating yes?

i am not selling them man, just sharing the info.

here's the kelvin scale:

http://images.digitalmedianet.com/20...0/story/02.jpg

and here's a wavelength scale:

http://www.giangrandi.ch/optics/spectrum/visible-a.jpg

match color to color and you have kelvin to wavelength.

9. Bigbud214

yeah man got all that.... its cool post pics of your grow with em man. Show us all what they can do. Be cool to see em in action.

10. nobogart

11. nobogart

12. nobogart

13. nobogart

What I am trying to convey here is, it doesn’t matter the type of light, as long as you have the proper color, it doesn’t matter if you measure that color in Kelvin or wavelength, as long as the spectrum is correct for photosynthesis and the penetration is high you have a good light source.

have a blessed day :passsit:

14. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Its all sounding good, just like LED's, but no one has mentioned penetration yet.

15. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I care about weight! and i wanna see a side by side against a HPS and then a weight dispute....i dont give a crap bout any graph or pie chart!!!!!!

16. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Spectrum is all well and good...but it doesn't address intensity or cost efficiency (must account for purchase $$, life expectancy, running $$, yield weight per kilowatt hour)

I may be a slow old skeptic...and I hope this is something good cause we could use always use better gear....but until somebody with a business plan to protect uses them I won't be sold. And if they're as good as claimed the cash croppers will be quick to save the bundles of cash in electricity and ventilation.

17. nobogart

so true res, so true, and believe me i went down that led road and lost, been down the cfl road and lost, these are different.

the horticultural businesses are changing to these so.........

here is a side by side grow grams per watt which is the holy grail of measurement it reflects your cost to own in a per gram basis.

this guy achieved a better gram per watt ratio using half the wattage of induction compared to hps lighting.

as you are i am skeptical, given my past flirtations with alternative lighting.

that is why i have purchased some to do my own side by side to prove it to myself, and i tell you these are looking good, i will post when i have things going along, i do not have the room right now to do side by side but i am going to test them good.

edit--- forgot the link

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/192402-hps-vs-induction-cfl-flowering-comparison.html

18. nobogart

hey cc cant i interest you in any pie chart.

[​IMG]

19. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

20. nobogart

someone has to keep trying new things or we would still be in the stone ages. hey if they don`t work out i will be the first to come back and trash them just as i did with the led`s.

still got several hundred dollars worth of led panels in the attic.

i could keep my dumb experiments to myself, but hey, "if you no want learn from my failure, or success, fine.

everyone said columbus was gonna sail off the planet and my people wish he would have believed them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.