Internet Article About Driving While High

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by Hank Chinaski, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Article from a news site, JapanToday, that I peruse occasionally.

This is a decent article about the need for field sobriety tests for mj, as I've said here a few times.

Funny thing is in the middle of the article a bit of anti-mj propaganda is sandwiched in. :icon_confused: It's funny if you read the article. The anti-mj bit doesn't really fit in at all, and seems like it was added in later.

Feel free to leave a comment. :thumbsup:

Edit: http://www.japantoday.com/category/health/view/new-wrinkle-in-pot-debate-stoned-driving

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
  2. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Dr Bob DuPont is a idiot if he believes what he says, either that or he's just a liar.:BangHead:

Dr. Bob DuPont, president of the Institute for Behavior and Health, a non-government institute that works to reduce drug abuse, says research proves “the terrible carnage out there on the roads caused by marijuana

Hank, would you post a link to the article please, I'd like to read the whole thing.

thanks

Duc

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Figures lie and liars figure.

Couldn't be the increase is related to increased testing. With the percentage of pot smokers and drug users remaining fairly consistent over the past decade it would stand to reason that there aren't suddenly more stoned drivers...but rather that reporting and testing has increased. Of course this doesn't fit a hysteria based agenda very well.

Just tell the fucking truth and let folks decide for themselves. Driving wasted on anything is illegal and possibly dangerous. Law enforcement needs a tool to accurately and quickly determine whether drivers are under the influence of illicit (or licit) chemicals. Much cleaner and much truer statement than "demon weed" hyperbole.

BTW...DuPont was Nixon's Drug advisor...that's all you need to know about this cat. It's also funny that it was pressure from the Dupont family that helped make cannabis and hemp illegal. Now we have another DuPont that was weaned by the Original Prohibitionist generation (Born in the 1930's and direct DuPont heir) trying to keep it that way.

Link to the driving article. http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/03/18/stoned-driving-epidemic-puts-wrinkle-in-pot-debate/

4. ducrider

5. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

6. that gringo

that gringo Young Bud of GK

7. ducrider

No man, that's just the first article that popped up on google. Besides, I'm not from anywhere man...