Irma Perez dies from ecstasy so it\'s marijuana\'s fault.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by Randy High, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

It is just a bit odd now that we see this news article at this time..
    In fact they seem to be the only ones as of late to be anti-medical marijuana...
    That doesn't mean our Supreme Court will allow people access to a natural plant.

Anyway the DEA web site used the tragic death of 14-year-old Irma Perez of Belmont as the foundation for a negative press release on Marijuana when in fact Irma died from ecstasy.
    Had Irma's friends trusted Law Enforcement they might have called 911. I think the point has been made ...
    We do not and cannot trust Law Enforcement when they act against the greater will of the poeple as they do with Marijuana.

------

Marijuana: The Myths Are Killing Us
    By Karen P. Tandy, Administrator, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, Washington, D.C., and Chair, IACP Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs Committee

APR 26--When 14-year-old Irma Perez of Belmont, California, took a single ecstasy pill one evening last April, she had no idea she would become one of the 26,000 people who die every year from drugs.1 Irma took ecstasy with two of her 14-year-old friends in her home. Soon after taking the tiny blue pill, Irma complained of feeling awful and said she felt like she was "going to die." Instead of seeking medical care, her friends called the 17-year-old dealer who supplied the pills and asked for advice. The friends tried to get Irma to smoke marijuana, but when she couldn't because she was vomiting and lapsing into a coma, they stuffed marijuana leaves into her mouth because, according to news sources, "they knew that drug is sometimes used to treat cancer patients."2

------

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/pressrel/pr042605.html

-----

Win or lose we will Grow Together!

2. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

Was thinking:

Useing the misfortune of those children to further an indirect political goal should be a crime not to mention a sin in moral conduct.

Neither Pro or Con should drag these children around. Let them rest in peace and may solace follow the first new spring for the families.

3. llIndigoll

llIndigoll Medical Grower

What a mess!

4. drunken monkey

drunken monkey Veggy Stage

What can we do? What is NORML doing? Is there any way to actually help? Who is going to do something about this?

5. bobbybfunk

bobbybfunk Veggy Stage

That is very much put of control thats like me getting sick from polluted fish and then blaming it on a cow farmer.

6. Stoned Sorcerer

Stoned Sorcerer Veggy Stage

Thats fucking stupid. I hate how they try to make Marijuana seem as bad as other drugs.

7. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

**** the DEA! I don't think that anyone has EVER died from smoking MJ. (Notwithstanding personal stupidity afterwards!) Some drugs should be illegal, but the govt. needs to leave MJ the Hell alone!!

8. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Maybe if people (children mostly) were better informed on ALL drugs and the effects they have on you (the truth and not made up **** BTW) kids would not try to stuff MJ leaves into a dying girls mouth. The REAL crime here is a society that feels 'taboo' issues should never be spoken of and swept under the carpet. I'll tell you what kills....ignorance kills.