Is there a guide somewhere for strains

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by ClayStreet, Jun 30, 2003.

1. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

Medical, or just plain wanting to get wasted is there a reference guide or FAQ maybe that explains or rates the weed types, and highs associated?

Like no offence to Badassbuds or any other seed place, but some of the quick descripts of the Purple Haze, AK47 or whatever seem rather vague.. I guess maybe it varies too , depending on the person's tolerance of weed or DNA whatever. And like maybe for MS or AIDS or Cancer, whatever.. what strains do best.

I saw Useless's post earlier in the Sven's mom's post, that was a little in the direction of what I mean. He knew a few strains and what they do.

maybe a lost cause??? I dunno

2. jay

jay Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I agree Clay that the descriptions that the seedbanks give are a little vague in most areas. I suppose it depends upon what you want to know about a strain. If you want experience of other growers i find that www.cannagenetics.com is usually a good place to look. If you want more medicinal info then www.treatingyourself.com is equally as good. Just go to the forums and ask about a particular condition.

3. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

well that's the thing Jay I just wanna browse.. [​IMG]

but thanks for the links.. I'll do some reading.. maybe I'll be the first to create a list.. who knows?

4. Hicountry2

Hicountry2 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Clay...now that's a great idea!..I just wonder how precise it could actually be, given the different effects on different metabolisms. Medical properties must be, at least somewhat effected, by the ripeness, maturation too.

But a general guide line of particular strains could still be developed, I would think.e.g....strains that induce appetite, or sleep, fight depression or pain relief.Could be generaly catagorized. I'd be willing to help out on just such a worthwhile project, if you'd like. I have access to a quite a few med-heads....with opinions..lol

5. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

Actually I was thinking more on the lines of everyone send me different kinds of bud, with the names, and I'll smoke each one and tell ya how I feel! :lmao::roll::laugh::roll::lmao:

naw seriously, It's a good idea but I am not sure how to go about it. If you have an idea Hicountry go for it!! It just takes someone like me to come along and propose ideas.. [​IMG] The rest of you know how to do lots of things better than I can.

6. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Developed Alternating Nodes

we need a 'reference book'. would be a million seller.

7. Mrs B

Mrs B Guest

We should do a scientific study, with several experts (me, ranger, solo, rky, marymary, and herbsparky) to smoke samples of each strain and rate each one on its various qualities. Then we can publish our findings in a book, sell millions of copies, and with the profits, we can fund GK indefinitely AND bankroll the "right" candidates for office and make some changes in this bassackward country! :idea:

8. Chief Pot

Chief Pot Developed Alternating Nodes

haha nice idea B, just send me the roches :beerchug:

9. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

:roflmao: @ B! Getting a little mafioso aren't ya B? Buying off politicians? I thought you were a hippy? I bet you really worked with Sam Giancana to get Kennedy elected, huh? I am on to you now woman! LOL

10. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

11. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

I just wanna smoke Herb's plants, I'd be happy with that :animbong: :smoke:

:crying:

12. doctorcalyx

doctorcalyx Full Flowering