ISIS

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by nippie, Sep 18, 2014.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

You can do shit *today* that can get you killed by christians. You don't even have to do shit and you can get killed by a christian fundamentalist. The US ain't the only place in the world that has christians and not all those christian sects are as nice as your local baptist church.

In some cases the local christian zealot army is every bit as horrific as Boko Haram. Or have we forgotten the Lord's Resistance Army is a fundamentalist christian sect?

I have a passionate dislike for all religion, but for one to pretend "their" book is not bastardized, at will, by fanatics intent on mass violence, is folly. That, my friend, is the natural outcome of people who believe they have divine providence. The only reason ANY religion has been tempered is because of the upwardly shifting regional mores and values of that society in general. Not because of some new reading or version of archaic teachings in a fictional tome. If a region is prone to violence....you can rest assured some motherfucker will pick up whatever book is handy and decide the violence should be wrought by the righteous.

2. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

(This post is not a responce to past post, just a general addition to the discussion, I didnt want anyone to think they got bible thumped.. :roffl:)

Anyone calling themselves christians and murder people in the name of God are not Following the teaching of the new testament. Plain truth is there is alot of fucked up people in the world, no one is with out sin, even Jesus himself had John the baptist wash away his orignial sin from birth. Its all in the Bible, if you dont believe or follow, or have read the bible or have been taught the bible then you dont have a real good informed judgement. You can't judge all christians by the ones that do bad things. Look at priest who molest kids and people like jimmy baker and those guys, there are plenty of them but its a real small % when you look at the total number of christians around the world.

Isis follows the old testament, they dont believe in the new teachings which if they believe in God then you can say they are not following Gods word. The old book was for the old days. If your not a christian thats your decision, if you are or claim to be, there is only one path to God.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Moderate muslims make the same claim equating with only the time Allah spent in Mecca. Generally the more peaceful period recorded in the Qu'ran. See the double standard? Also, the convention of the New Testament Gospel voiding Old Testament law is still not universal in a very large percentage of western christian denominations. That may be true for you...but it's far from universal.

Sorry if it seemed I was taking a shot at you JCIO. That wasn't the intent, just pointing out that many western christians seem to forget mass violence in the name of Christ still exists. There is no spiritual or moral high ground in comparing the least tolerant of one religion against the most tolerant of another. It's a straw man argument.

When you mix religion and politics it's inevitable that those with divine guidance will take what they "know" and try to enforce such on the nonbelievers. Our forefathers knew this and took great pains to ensure their separation. The more devout christian US citizens have been trying to erode this separation from the very onset. Imagine if this separation never existed? We could quite easily have become a nation of bigoted biblical literalists.

It's bad enough when I hear christian preachers state; "We should accept the christian refugees..." But when the pols jump on board saying the same damn thing? It really starts to piss me off. Religion, for us, shouldn't be relevant.

Why? Because they're somehow special? Their version of god lines up with your version of god so Mid East christians MUST be ok? How about we only take gay refugees? Boy, you want to talk persecuted by a muslim state. Guessing it would suck worse to be openly gay than a christian or woman in a violently conservative religious community. So yeah...only gay refugees. Or maybe only openly atheist refugees. Thinking they may have it worst of all in conservative religious groups.

So fuck the muslim women and babies, fuck the Syrian christians, fuck muslim gay folks, save the Syrian atheists! One thing for sure...there's probably not a whole lot of them to re-locate and we get the bonus of them having no divine vision to enforce.

I realize you didn't comment on the selective christian refugee position. That's my own axe I'm grinding.

:passit:

4. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I was once told by a bishop that it was my duty to be fighting over in the Middle East, so that the missionaries could begin traveling there safely.

Unfortunately, he has a congregation to spill this misguidance on.

5. Justcheckingitout

I always enjoy a missionary position :roflmao:

That reminds of david coresh and jim jones. Telling their followers to die for their cause. Its sad people get caught up in that stuff.

Yeah the first few presidents and alot of founding fathers were faith orenited but didnt believe in God sending Jesus to save the world, they belived God made the heavens and earth and left it at that. It was more mathematical stuff for them. I dont set out to bible thump people :coolbounce: about the bible just enjoy and am intrigued at the different rightings what they say and how history has evolved. Religon is realy is just like politics. Every corner of the world and all its borders have different beliefs and interpretations. Its a wide range of alot of different but some similarities of beliefs and practices. Kind of like some people burry their dead, some burn them, all but for different reasons. I know I am high and talking now. :pimp:

6. Justcheckingitout

Oh the selective refugee deal. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....its prob a Isis duck. They dont have to come here, they just come here because obama said they could. I would hate to turn away people who are good decent non fighting folk but now its a different world. You cant let a group of wolves in your camp just because a couple of them wont eat you.

7. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Exactly. Like my soda analogy. It's all the same regardless of religion, just a different flavor. With a good chunk just being ever so slightly different when comparing to contrast.

8. skunky

But if you're black and not dressed like a scholar/businessman/high end designer clothing you're garnered a thug, or long haired and a little scraggly you're a pot head. Or too skinny you're on meth. Ride a sport bike you run from cops. Ride a Haley and your in a biker gang and just bar hop on two wheels. Fits into the profiling paradigm perfectly.

9. skunky

One last thing. While some could get through as refugees it's way more easy to get here by other means. Also look at statistics. Amount of refugees incoming, amount of gun violencen as a whole, amount of refugee committed acts if violence leading to death/fatality and current population size. Last time I checked, only concerning total gun crime versus total census population was something like 0.001% of even being involved in an incident. Though also not to discredit that most certainly some areas are much more prone thsn others and that percentage chance really needs more specific individualized multipliers to give accurate risk assessment. But... anyways. Hello glass slipper. LOL

10. skunky

Hey JCIO here is the one I just put together.

[​IMG]