It's been a busy day.

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by AlienBait, Jan 17, 2011.

1. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

So today, I transplanted my Lemonberrys into larger pots, changed the rez on all my plants, trimmed my bonsai mums, moved my flowering light (now lights) to a larger room, converted my old flowering closet into my new veg area and harvested some Dabney Blue.

What's that? You want to see some pics? O.K. then... How about the Dabney:

These were grown in 2-liter soda bottles. I let them veg a little too long, so they got too big for the pots and kept falling over towards the end. :roffl:

Here is a group shot:

[​IMG]

This is the cola on the far left:

[​IMG]

My wife, the hand model:

[​IMG]

...and a few more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close up:

[​IMG]

Just a touch over one pound of WET buds:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bud Close up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These plants were vegged for 3 weeks after rooting, but should have been 1.5 - 2. I flowered for 10 weeks under 600W HPS and, even though you can't tell from the photos, used clean water for the last 2 weeks.

I feel the leaves should have been a lot less green by the time I harvested. Perhaps it was the medium I used: 50/50 perlite/vermiculite. Maybe there was some residual ferts being stored in Verm. Next time I use the perl/verm, I'll flush for 3 weeks instead.

Thanks for stopping by.

Dixie Hicky and ResinRubber like this.
  2. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Damn good job!!!

Peace....

3. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Nice looking frosty buds AB! :good job: Pretty good for 2 liter soda bottle pots.

4. Chronic Don

Chronic Don Daddy of RP & GG

nice job, and such small pots under a 600, were you restricted in headroom? and what breed were they? is it one that stays green, and once you cure it should change, just dont dry too much before curing.

nice tho wish could taste it with ya

5. AlienBait

Thanks guys. It really is too bad I can't smell it that well. My wife says it smells "very fruity, with no skunk."

No restrictions on headroom. After watching Chriscrete grow and rave about it, I wanted to do a trial run and see how it turned out. I just let it veg too long.

what Breed? I'm not sure what you mean. It's Dabney Blue, clone only.

As to changing color, I have seend grows where it gets a bit of a color change (WeedGrl for example) when it gets cold at night and if you flush properly. I did get some color change on a couple of them as you can see from the pics. I don't think there will be much change during the cure, but I could be wrong.

6. zog

zog Developed Alternating Nodes

Damn AB , very nice, you da man.

7. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Awesome harvest -Bud

8. Chronic Don

Chronic Don Daddy of RP & GG

actually I meant the intensity of the green should lessen as it cures

9. Tiger Shark

Tiger Shark Profoundly Deep

Another fine effort. BEEEEEEEEE-YOU-tiful! :good job:

:flyy: :flyy: :flyy:

10. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Boy those really look great ab wow!! Those gals really put out dont they

teamster6

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

:not-worthy: Stellar job AB!:good job: :not-worthy:

It should darken up a good bit after a month or so, the smell at 8 weeks is totaly differant from the 10 weeker, seems more sweet in the 8, more skunk at 10

Now the yielding is incredible, its almost endless if you train her

In my upcoming dream grow is guna be a single Dabney in a 40-50 gal tub under 1k, trained bigtime!

You'll really be suprised by the Dabs buzz too

12. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Congratz AB on your tasty looking harvest :passsit:

Very Nice!!! :alienwink:

13. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

congrats Alien on another harvest, they look very scrumptious!

A Q about your pot sizes- Don't you run into problems using small pots? Do you have to water daily? And don't your plants get droopy when they're root bound? Just wondering because I can't imagine flowering in small pots, but you seem to have no problems. Maybe plants handle rootboundness better in hempy than in soil? Either way, thanks for sharing your pics of the ladies

14. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Very nice bro!

15. AlienBait

Wow, thanks for the compliments guys.

Link, to answer your questions:

I don't water every day. They are not quite Hempy, I don't drill a hole an inch or two from the bottom. Instead, I just drill holes in the bottom for drainage. I use 50/50 perlite/vermiculite. The Verm holds a lot of water. I also had them sitting in a bucket that holds much nutrient solution. Around weeks 6-8, they really suck up the nutes, but nothing that can't be handled.

They did not get droopy due to being rootbound. However, they were top-heavy and kept falling over.

16. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Great job AB, those sure look tasty!

17. Dixie Hicky

Dixie Hicky Excommunicated

Fabulous! I LOVE that you grew in Soda bottles!! I used those a few times and never let my plants get that big...didnt know I could!

VERY cool grow. You'll get about 1/4 lb, dry, Im guessing? Maybe more?

What nutes did you use?

Dixie

18. Dixie Hicky

You cant get Dabney seeds? Gotta be clones?

Gorgeous.

Dix

19. Dixie Hicky

Say what?? Sitting in a bucket full of nutes....wow, that's a great idea.

So....the nute solution wicks up into the soda bottle thru the bottom. Hmmm. This is a neat sorta hempy hybrid system. Very coolidea.

Dix

20. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

WOW! Nice!:not-worthy: An lb out of 6 soda bottles? You must be pleased with that. I wonder what they'd look like in a 3-5 gal bucket? The frost on them are,well, frosty!:roffl: Great job.:bong-2: