JCIO 1st Hempy grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Justcheckingitout, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Ok, here are a couple pics of the clones I put in straight perlite for now. Will mix in some verm when I transfer to 3 gal pots this week. Strains are OG13, Pinesol, Fools Gold, Fugo, Orange power (Tangerine?)

Woops, the pic upload came up "file size to big". I was trying to download from phone.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  2. Justcheckingitout

working on the Picture issue, Will post some soon.

3. Justcheckingitout

image.jpg Ok here is a pic of the clones in the hempy solo cups.

4. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Looking good!

5. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

Looks like they're off to a good start

6. Justcheckingitout

It showes max file size 1.8 mb. Most sites with sane type forum like we use here at gk now, the other sites have a max file size of 10Mb. I am not sure if sites like rollit up has a auto resize when up loading? They have pretty much same set up we have mow.

7. Justcheckingitout

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg "do you know the hempy man"..

8. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

the hempy man the hempy man.. lol They look pretty healthy but what's with the bumps on the leaves in the bottom pic? Got bugs?

9. Justcheckingitout

Holy shit, I hope not. I better check with the scope tomorow. its been a couple weeks since I sprayed them. That reminds me, can you use things like that dyno earth stuff with hempy?

10. OldSmokey

Looks like time for bigger Hempy pots.

11. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Azamax is the best in my opinion

12. Justcheckingitout

Yes, i am in search of 3 gallon pots today. I got a feeling these plants are going to be nice. They really took off past two weeks. I am digging this better than soil. Mainy because I got a bad back. Its easy to carry these around.

Hey Smokey, do you know off hand if thay sell at Azamax at the home stores?

13. OldSmokey

No clue abut Azamax.

Sorry to hear of your bad back. I got one of those too. When I used 5 gallon Hempy's outside, they had to get hidden from the gardeners every week. The size of the plant was much more of a problem than the weight of the bucket. Definitely easier to tote around perlite than dirt.

OS

14. nippie

Azamax is at nearly all hydro stores.

Also, go to dollar store or just about anywhere to get a bucket. Anything can be used. We had plants in those plastics pumpkins one year. Any small garbage can etc will work. But don't veg long if you are using something small or youll run into issues of it falling over

But Lowe's has 2.5 gallon ones that look exactly like their 5 gallon, just miniature

15. Justcheckingitout

I just got some of thoes 2.5 gal lowes buckets today. The blue ones. You can see your hand shadow thru the bucket, do you guys think I will need to paint them? Also is a 1/4" hole for the drain going to be big enough or should I go like 5/8"?

Also I checked several plant leaves with the scope and didnt see any spider mites, I did pic up some hotshot pest strips and sprayed them with Dr.(something?) bug b gone. It said it works on spidemites on fruit and veg.

16. nippie

No need to paint them unless you have absurd amount of side lighting. You're canopy will absorb vast majority of the light. You really just don't want white clear etc

I would go a little bigger than 1/4 in. If that's the only thing available drill 3 or 4 along the same line if that makes sense. 1/4 hole sometimes gets clogged so have a few holes but same height from bottom, you can space em close together if youd like....after the pee, I usually tip the plant a bit to lower water level ( not much, but it helps keeps tents etc tidy and dry ). If you go all the way to 5/8 you want to put a small screen or something in there to retain perlite.

Also bigger the whole the faster they piss. If you're using a tent or something and you don't water inside tent then you have a longer wait with small hole.

I personally have same size bucket with different size holes and really very little difference.

Also watch your veg length....you don't want top heavy monster and tipping over on you

17. Justcheckingitout

Yeah, i seen after the second plant growth spurt I should of transplanted a week or more ago, I really love this hempy so far, I have been wanting to do it for a while. The plants look perefect, all of them, 5 different strains, I think I found my personal fav way to grow here. The DWC is great, just extra work with the res changes every week, thats a back breaker sometimes since I have to do it my self.

18. OldSmokey

Like Nippie, I like several holes in a horizontal line, close enough together that I could cover them all with my finger if needed. I used 5/16" with the large perlite.

19. Justcheckingitout

Here are some transplant pics. 2.5 gal buckets, I filled the bottom 2" with straight perlite and then mixed 3:1 perlite/verm mix up to the stem then straight perlite on top. Might do like Mr.G and put hydrocotton at the top.

20. Justcheckingitout