Just a li'l pondering...

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by snickelfritz, Oct 20, 2007.

1. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

As I stood outside partaking of a bit of nature's prozac, I was staring at the night sky, wondering about all the inner workings of the universe... Wondering which stars, were stars, which ones were galaxies, which ones were just planets, etc... Wondering about who else is out there... What kind of creatures exist beyond our sky, and all that......
    Then realizing that every living creature on this earth that had eyes, and even a minimal level of consciousness, has looked at these same stars since almost back to the begining of time itself, and wondered the same things...

I think back to the more primitive levels of our own species, the ones that let petty superstition and fear rule their lives...
    The ones that lack the understanding that we now take for granted, and I pity them...

Then... I think about the ones today, that even though our level of technology, understanding of everything we've previously experienced as a species, and current physiology still allow petty superstitions and fear rule our lives to this day, and I pity us...

But then...

Another thought came into my mind...

A million or a billion years from now, IF the human race survives itself...

What of the beings the HUMAN RACE becomes?

WHILE STILL SMOKING THE CHILDREN OF THIS FINE HERB...

Were looking up at these SAME STARS, KNOWING EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT EVERY THING THERE IS TO KNOW ... About everything....

Having evolved to the point in their existance to rival what we would presently call gods...

But yet, wondering what it would've been like to be us...

Mermaid likes this.
  2. allsmilez

allsmilez snow bunny

wow.....

That's deep....:sad5:

3. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Oh yea!!!!:smokin:

4. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Smoked 1 tooo many Snickel.

5. ishmeil

ishmeil cannabis connoisseur

made me have a little thought aswell, shit is only getting worse, so if we continue on this path of down the drainedness, when these people of the future are wondering what it was like to be us, shit in their time must be prettty bad.made me think that tomororw is prolly gunna get worse so enjoy the SHIT outa today, just a thought

6. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

We Aint Alone!

Sometimes i think what snick is trying to get across is that no matter how much we know about outer space and distant galaxies,etc...we just simply sometimes cant COMPREHEND that our planet could be a grain of sand compared to the planets out there that could be inhabitable...Its one of them things we dont appreciate enough,,its thee greatest light show on earth,i mean we are finding new planets all the time and moons that could be inhabitable around them and thats just OUR solar system/galaxy...what if we could go near all the galaxies near the milky way,,,i reckon the black holes are really worm holes,its like when they said the wrold was defo FLAT,they didnt know it was round till they actually ailed round it.If they want volunteers to go through any black holes im their man...assemble my own SG1 team and arm me with some militray shit and i'd be a happy camper,hey maybe other planets have MJ cos they do say weed is the most ALIEN plant on our planet,there literally is NO OTHER PKLANT THE SAME AS OUR BELOVED WEED:potleaf: Gotta love a deep thought thread aint ya:icon_wink:Cheers:smokin:

7. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...ya' think...

...Snick...

...It's time fella...time to step away from the pipe...

...ok...good...now let me reassure you...it's gunna be alright...really...trust us...we knew you before all of this...

DC

...I guess I could be pretty piss'd off about what happened to me...

...But it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world...

...Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once...

...And it's too much...

...My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst...

...And then I remember to relax...

...And stop trying to hold on to it...

...And then it flows through me like rain...

...And I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life...

...You have no idea what I'm talking about I'm sure...

...But don't worry...

...You will someday...

8. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

9. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Laugh At The World..

Help them see how

Serious one can be

When tears pour down

Red cheeks stressed

Upward, quartz reflecting

Quite light towards

Unable eyes. Tell

Them stories as you

Tuck them in at night

(Out of the book with

Pictures so they can

Understand). And when

They begin to detest

Your teaching, let them

Flee. Even a Kittens paws

Will tare flesh. But as they

Grow, some will begin to

Let go. If not of this

Place, at least of the pest.

10. snickelfritz

LOL...

I think of shit like that all the time...

I just usually never take the opportunity to write down my random thoughts. :blah:

Now... If you've never thought of things like that & never just let your mind wander... Exploring your own existance... Exploring creation itself...

:roll: :fly: YOU AIN'T BEEN HIGH ENOUGH!!! :fly: :roll:

Our existance is so inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

We are all as insignificant as a single grain of sand on an endless beach... Yet, at the same time we have the potential to be magnificent.

Just think of what we can someday become... IF we can survive ourselves...:smokin:

11. Dazechain

...If we can survive ourselves...

...that would be the tricky part...yes?

DC

...And it's too much...

...And I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life...

...But don't worry...

...You will someday...

12. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

good thread

Snick....I have been that HIGH and many times think about such things....like hmmmmm are we a flea on another living creature? When will the Planet X bus come to take us far into the galaxies.

On a serious note tho......I think it is ignorant for one to NOT think about all you mentioned. Very deep......I like to think one day we will fly into outerspace. World peace would be nice but lol doubt that will happen. I would like to see MJ legal in my lifetime tho.

I think star gazing always is great,,,,,,love to sit by the lake or ocean and ponder as our dear frd Daze says....pondering is expaning one's mind. ;)

When we stop dreaming....thinking or questioning life>>>>hmmmm well then my frd we are either dead or brain dead eh?? ;)

Daze....either I am just soooo HIGH but I actually do get what ya meant my frd. I am grateful for tough times that made me stronger....wise for what I learn from my children and dear frds or a elderly person like my g-ma or dad. ONLY thing I do wish upon a star is to see ol Bushywhacko....well I wish him all he dished out>>>being a polite young lady. I have other colorful words but like thumper's mum said...hahhaha nothing nice to say then say nothing. :D

Let's ponder this ........

All we need is love.....>>>singing.....

I think the flower children need to make a comeback .....just my 2 cents.

I also think our world needs to stop waste.....stop acting spoiled and get back to basic's. Get in touch with life>>>wildlife and learn to live without luxuries as pretty soon they will run out....ahhhhh well could go on but yanno what I mean. Maybe stoner ramblings.....maybe stoner ponderin's but I will leave you with this.....

Music can soothe the soul....ever notice that?? I mean when your in a bad mood or your day sucks......a tune will come on and make you smile. :D

~Mermaid

13. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I call Carter! I'm Carter! LOL. Can I be on your team buddy?

(wow, i'm a dork)

Anyways, cool thread snick. I always find myself thinking about the universe and how it just goes on forever. It's hard to even think about. Our human minds are so mundane it's almost too difficult to even comprehend a never ending universe. I always find myself coming back to worldly thinking and have to remind myself that everything doesn't have to have a beginning and an end. I have always harbored a deep desire to be an astronaut. I'm not smart enough though...but man, if i was, or could afford it, I'd be first in line for space travel. It seriously intrigues me.

14. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I don't think we can though :icon_confused: Were fucked man. I think we tried to turn it around too late. Just my thoughts on the subject, I think were doomed.

15. ozzman667

ozzman667 New Sprout

humans inconsequential?

sometimes it really is amazing how small a role the human race must play in the grand scheme of the universe.sure we think we are such an intelligent species,and we are...at this miniscule little peice of time on THIS planet.our planet alone is a pebble on a mountain. add into that the fact that our planet existed for millions of years before there were humans....we REALLY are just a smart race of fleas on some giant dogs ass...oh well at least i'm a flea with a great buzz:evil4:

16. Dazechain

...I think I am...

...therefore I am...I think...

DC

...And it's too much...

...But don't worry...

...You will someday...

17. krondikebar

krondikebar In A Cloud Of Kush Smoke

I think as human beings on earth, we are kinda like the fleas or ticks on earth....IMO the whole entire planet is alive...Not just the trees and plants and the oceans and lakes...Together its all one living thing...

I look on google earth. zoom into the state I live in....Its mostly green and brown, but full of life...I zoom in farther, until I see the city...to me it looks like cancer, like disease, like fungus or something growing on the country side...Eventually the earth is going to get REALLY sick of what we are doing to it, and finish us off....The earth if FAR more advanced than us, I think in the battle between earth and humans, we dont stand a change....

18. whiskykid

whiskykid Veggy Stage

have you guys ever checked out google sky?...you can look into other galaxies and explore what we know(like 1%) about other planets surfaces and stuff....pretty far outthere

19. snickelfritz

Yeah... Google sky is really cool! :) I was looking at a pic yesterday of a galaxy cluster that was 9 billion light years away...

Damn... 9 BILLION...

Hard to comprehend a distance like that...

Check it for urself...

Hubble Showcase

Massive Galaxy Cluster Found in the Early Universe

Looking back in time nearly 9 billion years, NASA's Hubble Space Telescope produced an image of mature galaxies in a young universe. The galaxies are members of a massive cluster of galaxies, called RDCS 1252.9-2927, that existed when the universe was only 5 billion years old, or about 35 percent of its present age. This compelling evidence that galaxies must have started forming just after the big bang was bolstered by observations made by the same team of astronomers when they peered even farther back in time. ... Learn more about this object ยป

Also known as:

ClG J1252-2927, RDCS 1252.9-2927

Object Type: Galaxy; Cluster

More Information:

NASA bibliographic database ADS

Raw imaging data from the HST archive.

More technical information from SIMBAD or NED

20. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Your opinion on the big bang,etc...

:eusa_doh:...Ah snick tell me you aint a big bang believer??? I mean i respecdt that your an aetheist and all that but surely you believe in some sort of cosmic design or higher power that set all this in motion,even a big bang had to be set in motion somehow right?

Lok at darwins theory ,its being proven wrong all the time and i believe that until science finds a better explanation or aliens come tell us the truth that none of us will know but i look around and think to myself..surely there was a set of blueprints SOMEWHERE along the line for the trillions of galaxies we know of and the trillions and trillions we dont even know of...

What happens if one day we find a galaxy that pre dates big bang periods?Then what are we gonna say then?Coul their not be some advanced race out there who had the power to make the big bang:ponder:

I just cant help think we aint alone,but im a stargate fan so i would think that:icon_wink: mJust cos you believe their is no God snick,does that rule out a more supreme species that maybe started a chain reaction?Ya know,a species with a greater and fuller undersdtanding of the universe?Im inter3sted to know your thoughts,not on religion,but just the concept of how the big bang chain reaction came about.... i aint got the answers but i enjoy hearing other ppls theories,etc.Peace:potleaf:

PS: Im with the mayans,they say 2012 is the end of the earth as we know it...bring it on,lol...