Just Some pics

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by friendlyfarmer, Apr 10, 2015.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I plumbed float valves for each of my bloom reservoirs because I had to leave for 5 days and couldn't get anyone to top off for me.

[​IMG]

Because I'm in flood tables the float valves are tricky. When the tables are flooding, the level in the res drops and the float valve opens. Water comes in. If the reservoir was already full, it overfills. So I close off the valve in the line to the ressys a little to slow the flow rate of water. Using digital timers for the pumps allows me to set them at 5 minutes flood time, so they don't have all that much time to overfill. Of course if the plants drink enough water and the res gets low, then the float opens and fills.

After 6 full days, lookin good. Ressys all full but not overflowing. Just hungry! PH isn't even that far off - 6.1.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also some new additions to the farm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Cool pics and a nice solution with the float valve. What is the hydroton on

top of the soil for ?

3. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

My guess is that whoever he got it from had it concealed in a 5 gal bucket and put some hydroton around the planter to keep it from sliding around. Sounds like a pretty sharp cat to me!!:goodjob:

Be Cool, CG

4. friendlyfarmer

:roffl:

yep. zactly. :thumbsup:

5. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

:not-worthy:

6. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Sweet room dude! I wish mine was that big and clean. :roffl::roffl:

Plants look great. And here i was woried about hooking two hps lights together in my previous set up. Are those cool bulbs or reg?

7. friendlyfarmer

Thanks JCIO. Those are regular 600 W HPS bulbs. I'm pulling fresh air from outside through the lights, so in the winter it stays in the mid 70's in there. This will be the first summer with that many strung up tho, so we shall see. I've got AC and CO2 going into that space which will hopefully keep the temps manageable. Worse case scenario is I have another 8" fan I can use to split the lights up and run them on two lines.

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Think that's the first we've ever gotten a real glimpse of your workspace FF. Very well planned.

9. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Looking good

10. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I can see you in there with a lab coat on and a clipboard. :smokin: