KIDNEYS

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by CanadianDAN, May 23, 2012.

1. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Has anyone here ever had kidney problems?

Last Firday i was in so much pain in my lower right back, that i couldnt even walk for more than a few paces. I was laying in bed in agony anytime i had to move.

The crazy thing that scared me was i had just been sitting on my couch, when my back started to ache. It got so bad i actually had to tell the other person in my house to check in on me every few hours to make sure im not dead.

It eventually went away by the time i woke up... the agonizing pain that is. But i cant still feel an aching back there.

You know how sometimes your intuition sometimes tells you that something serious is wrong? Thats the feeling this has been giving me. I just dont know how serious it can be....

Ive been a PEPSI addict my whole life and i drink beer quite a lot i guess.

But since this happened ive been drinking lots and lots of ice water, but it still comes back as that "very subtle aching".

Anyone here ever had Kidney issues? Any advice.

And yes i know i should go to my doctor, but ive got transportation issues right now and my doctors is quite a ways away from me.

2. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Was it front or back on your right side?

If it was in front I'd be thinking apendix. In back your,

kidney.

Are you having any trouble peeing? Pain, unusal discharge,

blood? Any fever?

does your family have a history of kiidney stones?

If you are having constant pain get to the doctor.

Don't mess around when it comes to your kidney's.

Peace.....

3. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

I'll sell you one for 1 million dollars....if it's not against the TOU.

(if it comes and goes it could be kidney stones, if it's constant it could be an infection, both need a doctor, don't mess around with the kidneys)

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Possibly forming a stone. Hard to tell from here.

It'll only get worse, if it is.

5. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

6. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I've had kidney stones. Sounds exactly like you describe. They eventually passed on their own, but not fun.

Go see a doctor.

7. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Most likely bro it is kidney stones. You'd be amazed at how small they are compared to the excruciating pain they cause. I had to take my wife to the ER once b/c of the sheer pain. Once we got in there the doc Dxed the kidney stone pretty fast. X-ray confirmed it. I've spoken to women who have both given birth and passed kidney stones, they all said the pain of one is comparable to the other.

Goddamn I hope that shit NEVER happens to me.

8. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

Get a ride from a friend or call a cab and see a doctor immediately. YOu will be glad you did

t6

9. buds4ever

buds4ever Lost in the woods

Had a buddy ex-marine. stabbed, shot, etc...kidney stones dropped him to his knees and then some. nothing to fuck with, go see a doctor. b4e

10. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Kidney stones are excruciatingly painful. I've passed one and it was not fun. A couple days of that dull ache and then the pain was just horrendous and I went to the hospital. The thing was so small they couldn't see it on the scans, but I passed that sucker and immediately felt much better. Still achy and sore, but it was like instant relief. Go see a doctor. If the stone is big enough, it could require surgery. :passsit:

11. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

fuck a kidney stone. i hear they'll hurt so bad you'll beg to be killed. doesn't sound like a great day to me

12. CanadianDAN

13. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Family medical leave? Yeah that's nice if you have it.

14. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

family history doesn't play a huge role. Know a lot of people with no family history who've had stones. Myself included. They suck horribly bad and as you described. Almost like someone has a knife in you or something. I've had them a few time and had to have surgery once. A lot of stones are calcium and oxalate and stone formation is heavily placed on dietary intake.

Here this has some decent basic info you might take a look over. Dan I know you like to read so here ya go. :F-A-Q: LOL

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/kidneystonediet/index.aspx

15. CanadianDAN

Thanks Skunky. I just dont know what kind of stone, if any, i have is.

I hope im just dealing with a kidney infection instead. I dont have problems urinating, but the ache still rests in my lower right back. Gonna make a docd appointment as soon as i can.

My cousin had a stone and i called him today. His symptoms were nothing like mine. I hope my problem isnt too serious. Maybe its a back issue. We'll see.

All i know is ive never had such crippling pain as i had a few days ago.

16. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Yeah could be kidney infection. And let me just say on my 20th birthday I had to have surgery for 15 stones to be removed. I never had issues urinating just had some pain near my right pelvic bone that got really intense. Thought it was my appendix. Just kept on hurting and getting worse and felt like someone somehow had a clamp on my right nut by the vas deferens. The pain in my side was feeling like someone was twisting a knife or something. Nephrolithiasis sucks! Sounds like it could be a cool metal band though...:roffl:

Good luck with the Dr. man.