kief butter

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by imripped, Jan 31, 2007.

1. imripped

imripped Veggy Stage

i would like to make a potent batch of cannabutter, and would like to use all kief. I was thinking about using 2 grams of pure kief from my 85 micron screen. Would i have to cook this differently than making regular cannabutter?

2. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

i would cook at a little lower of a temp than usual although it should cook the same as when u make it with just weed but with less of a pot taste. but one question.....why make butter with kief -why not make oil>? make butter with trims and b-c popcorn buds.... even mids.

3. imripped

imripped Veggy Stage

lol cuz man long story. alright were short on danks round here, so were smokin them regulars. i cant use the regs or i would have no smoke, so i got like an ounce of stems and got a gangload of kief.

4. trillions of atoms

ok make the butter from stems and smoke the kief..... or make tea from the stems...

5. imripped

imripped Veggy Stage

lol the stems are worthless considering they are where the kief came from.

6. trillions of atoms

ohhh u made the kief from the stems...did u sift them or grind them then sift them>? i bet out of an oz you can make a cup of tea still if they have been sifted...

7. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

The oil sounds good.

The best butter I ever made was taking a freshly harvested plant. Trim all the buds green and toss them into water and butter.

I would be happy making stuff direct from that keif and not going through the process of making butter myself..

I make butter by having a pan sitting in boiling water. In that pan is some water and butter and the greens I want to use.

I boil that for a long while and strain.

After it cools the butter floats to the top of the water and the green sludge sinks to the bottom mostly.

Anyway perhaps that keif might be quality already so that you could add it to something to bake or cook directly.

That's my first thoughts.

I don't know of people making butter with keif actually..

Maybe someone here has done it.

I wouldn't use my water method or if I did I would use less water in the pan with the butter.

I hope my reply adds a little.

Best of luck.

edit

---------------

I like unsalted butter myself...

8. imripped

imripped Veggy Stage

OH MAN the story gets better. i got some fresh strawberry cough yesterday, its the bomb. not the most potent strain ive ever had, but its nice and its a connoisseurs taste lol