La Nina ~ Mr Nice Seeds (Shantibaba)

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Gratitude, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

SMOKE REPORT
    (Ratings out of 10 per # aswell as comments)

#1-Strain:>La Nina - Mr Nice Seeds.
    (Haze X Widow)

#2-Appearance:>9.5 yield is the .5 penalty. I'd have given a 10 if they'd been a little bigger. I grew them in 3.4L pots so that may be the culprit.
    They are very Sativa looking in structure, not much branching, HEAVY trich coverage. Looks to me like trichomes growing out of trichomes, like they are almost stacked on top of each other, Beautiful Plants.

#3-Taste:>8 It's very nice. It's got that citrus/spruce thing going on that seems normal for hazes. Slight sweetness.

#4-Aroma:>8.5 There's some citrus, but I can't figure out which fruit, there's something piney, with a hint of disinfectant, there is definitely a mild but unmistakable skunk finish to the aroma.

#5-High/Stone type:>9.75 This is by far the best part of this strain, which is cool cause it's the most important part:thumbs-up: It's a high, not a stone. It's very heady but not racy. When I take a good green hit I can feel it in my toes and finger-tips within a min. It makes your whole body feel good, but not heavy AT ALL. It's light, sorta floaty, but it helps to get up and move around to experience that part of the high. I've picked up mild visual hallucinations in the right lighting, could just be me.

#6-Source:> I ordered from Dr. Chronic and was sent an old pack that had been recalled. Germination was very poor. I then contacted the breeder, Shantibaba, on his forum and told him what had happed and asked to be put on the list for the new batch of seeds. He said, "give me an address", and sent me 22 seeds, even though I'd never given him any $. I was impressed and grateful to say the least.

#7-Price:>$80 on Dr. Chronic

#8-Potency:>9.75 This stuff is great! I've been having this strange and regular experience of not finishing my bowls. 2-4 hits and don't go back, I don't realize I've stopped smoking. Half an hour later and I see there's a couple of hits left, then I smile and set it aside for later.

#9-Overall Rating:>9.5 Best bud I've ever grown.

#10-Overall Description:>Sativa dominate to be sure, they look it and grow like it.

#11-Would you Reccomend:>HIGHLY

#12-Smokers General Comments:>I have this friend and no matter how good my bud has been in the past she's always got a couple strains that are better, it's been bugging me for a long time. She sent me a text after I sold her a half, "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU and WOW!!! This medicine combined with my intent is off the hook! Beautifully delightful. Good Times."

Definitely has Medicinal value, Anxiety, Depression, Arthritis come to mind right away.

insaneface likes this.
  2. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Thanks for the report Grat

Sounds like top-notch connoisseur smoke. Have you tried all the phenos yet?

3. rollin2techno

rollin2techno cL053t Gr0w3r

Nice report.

How about a crown jewel bud shot eh, Grat? :D

4. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

:thumbs-up: :passsit:

5. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

nice report! i have a Early skunk mom and she's one of my fav's shanti got his shit together. Was this apart of the la nina vs. el nino thread? I fell off for a while and lost track...DSP

6. insaneface

insaneface Begun Flowering

great report Grat :thumbs-up:

7. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Thanks

HHHG - Yes, it IS. Yes I have. #7 (most indica structure) is still really good but not quite as good as the others. #13 has the best flavor and aroma but perhaps a bit less "floaty". #'s 10, 11 & 12 are the best (most Sativa) and are uniform enough to be clones. All that said, you wouldn't smoke #7 and say, aw man, that wasn't the "good" one, you'd still be loving it. I think I may try and give them all another run before narrowing it down.

r2t - thanks man, I'll work on that.

Useless - :icon_salut: Thanks again for putting me up to it.

SCS - Yes Shantibaba does have his shit together. This is in fact the culmination of the comparison. The El Nino report is done and posted.

The comparison thread is in the gallery. No worries on loosing track:thumbs-up:

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36982

InsaneF - Cheers man, thanks for following!

8. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Yeah you can't go wrong with a Shanti strain. I just tried G13xSkunk today and it's very happy and stoney, not something you want to smoke if you have plans to move.

9. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Nice report Grat.:thumbs-up: Thanks for being so thorough. I love Mr. Nice genetics. I have his SSH and it's F'ing fantastic! After reading your report I think this La Nina is going to be put on the top of my list for new genetics. I have yet to order any beans. This may be my first strain I order seeds of.