Leaves Fallin Off?

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by SRHtoker570, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRHtoker570

SRHtoker570 Excommunicated

I know a picture can say 1000 more words than i can describe but, my two of the four of my plants bottom set of leaves (the originals) turned yellow in two days and are about to fall off. The rest of the plant looks fine and healthy and still growing, is this reason to be concerned?

WiZaRD likes this.
  2. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Still got those multiple plants in one pot? If so probably getting root bound already or one of the other plants depleating the N before the other could utilize it. If you are talking about the cotyledons, two small round leaves, thats normal they only last a few weeks. If lower leaves are yellowing and dying it means the plant is having to use the old grow to sustain new growth, plant needs feed that isn't there.

3. SRHtoker570

Naw its not he round ones theyve been off for about 3 weeks now. But even the one pan in one pots bottom set of leaf's that are three fanned not 5 are turning yellow, and one of them in the pot with multiple plants is. I am going to eliminate the other two just as soon as i can find out what sex these fuckers are. Ive put the timer on 12\12 now so i can find this out and 3 days and no answers yet so idk. Its pretty neat how the plant just grows more and more from the top like a day or two and ive got another set of fans on it, about 6 sets so far...

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

At this point, I'd just leave them alone. When they flower, you'll know.

You don't need to be making thing's any more complicated, right now. My advice is to just watch and learn...right now. Wait 'till you know what you're doing, before sexing.

When I was 'where you are', I read about everything, but just concentrated on not over/under watering(1st grow soil). Relax and take your time.

They're not that old, are they?

5. SRHtoker570

A lil over 5 weeeks it'll b 6 on sat so about 5 1/2 weeks now. Ya i feel ya this is my first "educated" grow so i think i may just let the plant take its own course. But quick q and a vtalidone, how do strains with flavor and color come about? Bc if you cant change it through water additives how did they do it?

6. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

I thought I already answered that in PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRHtoker570

ok so if you can only alter ones that already are aromatic with that smell...how did they first make marijuana that actually smelled and/or taste like something fruity or anything other than pot? Its been plagueing me to find this one out bc its not in my book. The book dosent really explain much strain to strain just great on growing tips and precautions.

They didn't make it, HAHA it was already there. Just an example of how evolution has conserved certain things over time. Some plants just natural The flavored strains are just selected for that way, nothing special any of us people have done besides combining different genetics and getting different results through selective breeding.

To expand on that a little bit is has to do with the genetics and what esters, cyclic amines, terpenes that influence essential oils and any other aromatic compound that(like the esters and cyclic amines) that influence taste or flavor the plant produces.

7. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

If they're 5-6wks. old, they should have alt. node's soon.

When were you planning on flowering?

Work on the basic's. It's like calculus(I'm f'd-up;did I spell that correctly?)...if you don't 'work up to it', you won't have a clue!

Everybody's impatient at first(Lord know's I was/right Bud?), but if you can Chillax, you'll save yourself some unneeded grief.

8. SRHtoker570

Ok im sorry for asking but its alot easier to look at posts on my phone rather than search...i plan on flowering when the plant gets to be about 3- 3½ ft. But the question is what are alternating nodes? I can prolly find it in my book but if your willing to enlighten me it would be easier for me =)

9. SRHtoker570

To be honest now that ive had a few hours to continplate this, maybe its low on nuts im using miracle grow and up till now it was great but now i think thats whats causing the imballance of my crops, now i see why not to use it bc im stuck with it now, the plants almost 1ft. and the roots are anything but scarse...any new growers, take it from another rookie, buy organic and hand mix you soil, its messy then but less problematic down the road

10. Dank Vapor

Dank Vapor Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Normal nodes have a set of 2 leaves together, side by side leaf--||--leaf

Alternating nodes is leaf--|| then higher up it will be ||--leaf, they alternate sides.

You got to consider that there is a set amount of Nitrogen in the soil as well as the other main elements, P & K. Once it is used up the plant will take nitrogen from the oldest growth and move it to the newest growth, as a result the bottom leaves yellow and eventually drop off. You probably need to add some fert to your water and give it a feeding.

11. SRHtoker570

Thanks for the insght, ya i have about 6 sets of alternating nodes already then, when do you think i should stop letting it grow, when the cola starts to form?

12. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

HUH??? Can you explain that a bit better????

13. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

HUH??? Can you explain that a bit better???? I can promise you do not have 6 sets of atl. nodes. maybe 6 nodes but not alt.

Oops double post. Sorry.

14. SRHtoker570

Nope six, the sixth is growing out now. And they are alternating.

15. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Neon,

This is the plant in question. Dated February 4.

:'>[​IMG]

Pic speaks for itself.

Or it could be this one...I dunno. Both are dated Feb 4.

:'>[​IMG]

Again, the pic speaks for itself.

THESE ARE NOT MY PLANTS. THE PICS ARE SRH's.

cheers,

16. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

This is a weird pic. I can't tell what's going where. How many plants are in that pot?

Either way, I don't see any alt nodes.

17. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

According to SRH there are two. One that grew itself into the ground then back out again. My guess is it was so stretched that it laid itself out on the dirt, got partially buried during a watering and sprang some new roots in an attempt to save itself.

I'm doing my best to play nice Mr New Moderator. Don't need to bust my knuckles with your newfound power. :suave:

cheers,

18. Dank Vapor

Dank Vapor Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Neither of those show alternating nodes, and to me, they look kinda runty and they got some stretch. You really need to get them out of a communal pot and separate them. The longer you wait, the worse it will be when you do separate them and if you using flouros, get them closer. You can almost have the flouros touch the plant if you got a fan blowing on them.

Here are parallel and alternating nodes taken from the faq area.

Parallel

[​IMG]

Alternating

[​IMG]

19. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

The very FIRST thing you need to do SRH is check your soil's PH. Without knowing the PH we can't help diagnose the problem with the yellowing leaves. Simple as that.

Here's your new homework assignment.....go out and get a PH tester ($14 @ Home Depot) and then test the PH and report your findings back to us.

20. gizmo_barks

gizmo_barks Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Yes, easier for you. But if you want to be a real grower like the people you ask, you need to :FAQ:.

Read your book. Read and study. Study and read.

You need to do it yourself. We can only help.

It's up to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.