Leaves turning purple/ Tied plant down

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by 420, Sep 15, 2006.

1. 420

420 KING

[​IMG]
    this is my 2006 outdoor grow currently in progress. these are all chronic from serious seeds, all are inthe ground exept the yellowish one, its leaves r turnin purple and red,

[​IMG] heres a leaf showing signs of purple, is this a difficiency?
    [​IMG]

heres one i tied down bcuz it was strechin too much,i also pruned it so all the banches got light,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. trillions of atoms

trillions of atoms Latae Sententiae Excommunication

the yellow one.....looks like its hungry bro

how far into flower are you??

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Trill is right. The purple is an underlying trait of that strain and when N levels drop in the plant (such as in late flower) the pigments show thru. N levels drop for many reasons.....some by choice...some not. One thing is for sure...the plant is hungry and is using it's stored reserves in the leaves right now. Why it's hungry is the question I would be asking. What's the PH lookin' like?

4. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

Must agree, just looking at it you can see it is hungry.

5. 420

420 KING

wow, this worries me because a few weeks ago i had the same thought, and gave it some guano, a few days later i gave her some alaskan morbloom, and still no change, infact its getting more yellow and purple as flowering continues.

I have been flowering for approximitly 3 weeks./ but the sun is still rising at

6:53am- and setting at 7:28pm, so still a few weeks before the natural 12/12 cycle sets in. As far as the details like PH, I use purified water when i can, but usually they get rain water,

what do you recommend, should i transplant into the earth?

OH! and the weirdest thing is that the chrystals on the yellowish purple one are way more abundant and thick, compared to the others, is this because of stress, or the lack of N-P or-K?

6. LowRydr

LowRydr Veggy Stage

looks like P (phosphorus) deficiency.

first check the pH. the water is one thing, the soil is another. the soil will ususally go acidic over time due to the fertilizer. so get a pH tester and mix a small sample of the soil with your water and test that. dont take surface soil, dig down a few inches. the pH should be somewhere around 6.5 give or take a few.

if the pH is ok, add a high potency bloom formula (chemical fert in this case is better, as it will be absorbed faster, an organic fert has to take time to break down).

if the pH is not ok, flush it and then adjust it with the appropriate up or down solution. this will take several days. check again after 3-4 days. then add your high P fert.