LED for aquarium?

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by nappyhawk, Dec 8, 2016.

1. nappyhawk

nappyhawk New Sprout

Any of the LED gurus ever heard of finnex?
    Have a few of their lights and they have awesome growth in my planted tanks. Gonna give them a shot once I get some seeds sprouted. Will update when I get it going.

2. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Not a LED guru, but I will answer for the LED guru deep inside me...never heard of finnex.

3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Havent herd of finnex, I know Rapid sells great aquarium lights, . Only experience I have seen with aquarium lights.

4. nappyhawk

nappyhawk New Sprout

Went with rapid. triple cree cob diy 3500k has a meanwell driver, dimmable.
    Fderal express decided to leave it in the porch in the rain. Managed to wire it up today and everything went right mostly. Nice unit. Easier for me than sourcing all the parts.
    Think this is gonna be a nice relationship ;)

5. nappyhawk

nappyhawk New Sprout

Loving the cree kit from rapid. I think they are too.

Attached Files:

6. nappyhawk

nappyhawk New Sprout

Flipped the mars in the 2x2 on 3/22

Attached Files:

7. nappyhawk

nappyhawk New Sprout

Just came home to a few unhappy girls. Was gone for 2 weeks. Luckily it was only the veg wardrobe and only an angry mom and one dead clone. The rest of these ladies are a bit leggy but chugging along nicely. I'm a few days shy of 3 weeks but thinking of defoliating the 2x2 tent and maybe swapping the mars and cree. Definitely going to have to lower the tray I have them in. They're touching the light and surprisingly are still solid green.