Lesson Learned!

Discussion in 'Beginner Lounge' started by Boa, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

DON"T TELL ANYONE! Thats what i've been reading since 2002 when i joined Overgrow (the best web site ever closed)... And i didn't listen!! I got big headed and showed a cuple of my friends and i showed the wrong one! BLaa BLaa BLaa... long story! but now i need help i have to switch my day/nite cycle! instead of 7am-7pm to 7pm-7am. The thing i'm worried about is that they have only like 3weeks till there done! is it gonna hurt them, any way i should do this????? AND SERIOUSLY DON"T TELL ANYONE!!! I"M A DUMB A$$ I KNOW SO YELL IF U WANT! Here's some pic's my 1k hps, carbon 2 filter, and some of my pretty babes! DSC01046.JPG

DSC01042.JPG

DSC01048.JPG

DSC01063.JPG

DSC01070.JPG

2. Mr.Dope

Mr.Dope Master Grower Of The Kind

Well I dont get it. Is your "friend" threatening to snitch on you? It would be pointless to switch the photoperiod. You would still get busted. You should harvest now and clean out your place if thats the case. Good luck man.

3. DuffMan

DuffMan Horticultural Technician

I dont get it, What does telling the wrong person have to do with ur light cycle? If you want to change it then give them 24hrs dark to reset then throw the lights on whatever 12hr schedual you want, they'll be fine.

4. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

been there....

ok boaboi i feel your anger cos i been there,had a fallout with the missus once and she threatened to call the cops:5masked: .....this is how i did it although it may not be the best way to do it...

I take it you aint got time to do it gradually,etc like me so i just gave them an extra long day of light before turning the lights off for 24hrs till i reach the allocated time to restart the 12/12 cycle, basically i changed my cycle from day to night to night to day...just one tip,remember make sure none of that hps lighting is leaking cos its pretty obvious to spot at night.

Honestly dont worry,my plants have went 24hrs darkness before with no harm done,just dont water them in darkness cos this CAN possibly encourage mould.Plants,especially in flowering,can sometimes surprise you with their adaptability and durability.Dont worry,just change you cycle quick as you can,theres not really a procedure or proper method for doing this,just give them a good feed when you put the lights on,give them a few extra hours light then darkness till you get to the chosen time cycle you want.Good luck.More darkness will do more good than more light(in my opinion and from advice iv been given on here)Peace

5. wawona

wawona The Trichome Connoisseur

turn the lights out until you want them to come on again. set the timer to 12 hours.

6. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

sorry for not explaining enough!:icon_confused: i set it up with this other guy to say he robbed me! he's known for this type of thing and he's one of the people that i showed. It's been a day and a half and everyone thinks my plants are gone and i closed up shop! so i was just wondering if just changing it from 7am-7pm to 7pm-7am would hurt anything

7. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

hmm shiit i MUST be2stoned..time to log off!

Right i wasnt confused before but now i am...... WHY did you show this guy(who is known for robbing people:5masked: ) your grow and then decide to tell everyone he robbed you when he didnt?

Secondly WHY do you want to change the cycle like that,the reason i did it was cos i ws transporting the plants to other places,etc..whats the point in changing the cycle just to keep them in the same place and why did you want ppl to think you were being robbed:icon_confused: ,it wasnt exactly a good idea to involve a guy like that in your grow amigo:qbluewacko: .

Maybe im just moe stoned than i was earlier,lol,i dont get your motives for the whole set up thing??I'd like to hear more about this cos i dont get it.Peace

8. Mr.Dope

Mr.Dope Master Grower Of The Kind

No shit! Okay first of all this thread should have not included you telling us that you told people about your grow. All you want to know is if and how you can change the photoperiod. I dont know why you would want to change the time since there is no reason to. Starting this thread with not telling anybody is just confusing everyone.

9. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

ok i was high when i started this so sorry i should have just asked the Question. I didnt show this guy my roommate let him in my house when i was in my room. I forgot to lock the door first problem, second problem having stupid ass roomates that dont make people wait out side! BLaa Blaa blaa... Sorry but what i wanted to know is can i change my light cycle is so that if anyone does come over during the day (10am-10pm) the lights will be off. this way they will be on (10pm-10am). Again sorry for the dumb ass post and again i learned my lesson don't tell anyone.

10. mrdope

mrdope The Cannabis Grower

Damn too many people already know about your grow. Besides us of course.

11. Mr. Wakenbake

Mr. Wakenbake Latae Sententiae Excommunication

seriously man you ever heard of a lock on the door????

and the photoperiod thing has been answered already..

you should shut down and shut up!..for a bit and then restart again later..

loose lips sink ships!

12. mrdope

mrdope The Cannabis Grower

That cracks me up every time. Funny quote but so true:laughing5:

13. jerseydude

jerseydude Banned

Naaaaah

Do what wawona said. They'll be fine.

And please be careful!

You might wanna think about a Plan B, just in case.