light hours

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by greenjah, Nov 8, 2012.

1. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

OK I got the greenhouse all sealed up and ready to heat. What I am wondering is what you guys think about the low light hours. They will get down to 9 hours from sunrise to sunset so that means probly only 8 hours of good light. What would you guys think as far as yield loss? Of coarse the hours won't be that low for the full 2months of flower but it will get that low for a bit. Another idea is many to put just a few normal 100 watt bulbs around so they get the full 12 hours of them thinking its light but of coarse the bulbs won't give them energy, just keep them awake for the full 12 hours. Thanks again for any thoughts.

The good news is I got one of those tablet things so I can now visit you guys here any time, even at the greenhouse.

2. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

The only reason to put lights up would be to extend the light hours so they do not bud. Most plants only require a minimum of 6 to 8 hours of sun to grow. If given a choice they prefer morning sun over mid day sun. Eight hours should do just fine. I'm supposed to be doing the same thing right now but shit happwns and I won't be able to do it until next year. Good luck!

3. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Cool. Thanks. I was pretty sure it would be fine but just wanted some reassurance. I just bought a high 144 ft greenhouse a few weeks ago and will put that up next spring and will be putting the small lights up to delay the flower I g on some so I am not so overwhelmed with so many to trim. We are almost done trimming the 12 big ones I put in ground this year. At 1 to 2 lbs a plant I am sooooo sick of trimming.

4. Sue

Sue Excommunicated

Maybe you can have a try at the highbay light . (both LEDS and induction lamp) I think it will do good to your growings.

5. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Intresting, I always wondered what type of lights they use in those Massive Warehouse Grows.

Thanks for info Sue!! :good job:

6. Sue

Sue Excommunicated

That is all right. My pleasure. If you need any further help, I also will help you. I know induction lamp much better than LED. Just chose what you really need. That is the point.

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Just in case....highbays are shit for growing. Warehouse grow or otherwise.

8. bncooldude13

Intresting.

I noticed that they come with built in ballasts. Those light and the spinning 4-arm HPS lights, are the only ones Ive seen that have the option.

Is there any other lights that got those options. Im not goin to buy, just curios. :read2:

9. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I was thinking on this and I'm a little concerned for you greenjah. Now I'm no expert or anything and haven't tried a grrenhouse grow, BUT, I've only heard of using reduced light hours (less than 12/12) to "quicken" up a grow. Like for a 20 week Sativa, you would start to use less light hours, like 10/14 at like week 14 for example, so you would save a couple of weeks and they'd be ready in, say, 16 or 18 instead. I don't know how you would get them to keep nice tight nodes or buds. I'm just guessing here, but those are my thoughts and precations I'd be giving some serious thought to.

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Lots of horticulture brands with built in ballasts. Mostly 400w and under but there's a few bigguns. The problem with built in high watt ballasts is the added heat. It's why we always recommend remote ballasts outside the growroom if at all possible. Big ops like greenhouses or warehouses can get away with stuff like the Sun System 3 Greenhouse Grow light 1000w because they move so much air but for guys like us they're pretty much useless.

What strains you running Greenjah? If it's a hermie prone strain I'd think twice about the low wattage bulb. May have no effect at all...don't really know. Just something that popped in my head. Yield is definitely going to suffer.

The only thing I can think of that addresses yield and light timing in flower was MisterIto's work on OverGrow. He dealt with expanding light hours while maintaining a 12 hour dark period to increase yield. The correlation he found was an almost equivalent percentage increase in yield to the increase in percentage of light energy. Theoretically the factors should also work predictably in reverse.

So you're reducing light energy by 25% for 50% of the flowering period. That should equate to a 12.5% decrease in yield. All speculation mind you, but at least it's something to go on.

11. Sue

Sue Excommunicated

Now, I am quite disappointed at some of you who are really rubbish, so I will leave, and I do not want to talk with you any more. But I still must say MrAstro eats the best pussy and is the best choice for those who need induction. He have no VD.

web

I hope I can help you.

Thank you! bye.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  12. Sue

Sue Excommunicated

url url url and all kinds of sales bullshit link link link some other shit more sales bullshit Sue's a twat lin link some more stupid our stuff is great.

thank you Sue thinks some of us are not nice.

think that sums it up.

MrA.........

13. bncooldude13

Thanks, ResinRubber, for cleaning that Ad space. :thumbsup:

:danger: C ya, I hope you made your 5(元) yuán, from Ching Small Chong. :danger:

14. Sue

Sue Excommunicated

I do not know what to do here any more, but I must say good light must come out from LVD induction lamp, believe it or not. I just do what I really need to do.

15. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

:rofl6:

Peace....

16. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Not very smart are you

Sue, if you can't post anything worth talking about beside your induction lamps then I see a big send off for you in the very near future! :band::party5:

Stop playing stupid. :eusa_eh:

or this will be the result :admin: Admin lynching means no mre GK for you. Have a nice day! :redbong: